Chapter 3

You're My Bestfriend

 

 

"This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me!" Sungjong exclaimed, not minding how many people he disturbed with his screaming.

 

"Sungjong, you can do all your shouting in your apartment but please, don't do it here. Our customers might leave." Sungyeol requested for his bestfriend to tone down his voice.

 

Sungjong had entered Sungyeol's café screaming. His best friend must have been so angry at whoever or whatever it was he was upset about.

 

"I can't believe this. Maybe they just chose randomly and did not even check out all of the entries. I hate them!" Sungjong shouted again but less louder than when he entered. He went to seat on one of the empty chairs of the café with his shoulders slumped.

 

"Hey. Calm down." Sungyeol went to where his best friend was seated and rubbed his back.

 

"How can I calm down when I lost the chance to have those backstage passes?!" Sungjong was b with tears. He was really frustrated.

 

"I watched the video that won and I strongly believe that ours is way better than theirs. Their face paints didn't resemble any famous cartoon character at all. They didn't even use a proper camera! Tsk." Sungjong huffed.

 

"I thought they clearly said in the promo that they were going to choose randomly?" Sungyeol asked after recalling some of the guidelines.

 

"Yes-but still! They should at least choose the one that deserves to win." Sungjong insisted.

 

"Sungjong, random selection doesn't work that way. There's always a chance that the winner isn't deserving at all, as long as they have followed all the criteria." Sungyeol explained.

 

"If you aren't going to side with me, then just leave me alone. Just give me my favorite smoothie first." Sungjong doesn't care if Sungyeol is the boss in this café or not, if he wants something, he can order his best friend around all he want.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I told you, I can't leave my café just to watch a concert." Sungyeol told his bestfriend who keeps on following him all around his café while he is working.

 

At a young age, Sungyeol's parents had already given him the task of managing one of their businesses. Within a few months, he had already learned to love this coffee shop and loved managing it to the point that it became his third home. The first one being his apartment, and the second being at Sungjong's.

 

It's been a week since Sungjong had asked him to accompany him to Busan, and he was at his shop everyday still persuading him.

 

If he was just a worker of this café, he probably would have been kicked out right now because of Sungjong.

 

His staff just giggled at the scene. They love having Sungjong around because Sungyeol's strictness as a boss fades whenever he's present.

 

He just can't keep a straight face, especially when Sungjong starts sharing about how much of a hopeless romantic he is. They have also learned through Sungjong that there is a completely different side of him outside the confines of their workplace. The sweet, cute, soft side of Sungyeol.

 

There were times when his staff would get a glimpse of that side though, and most of the time it is when Sungjong visits.

 

"Please Yeollie, you know I have never travelled alone before and I really want to watch it. Besides, I already bought two VIP tickets. I was able to buy the ones on the very front row. At least I still get to see them up close even though I didn't win those backstage passes." Sungjong begged and pouted.

 

Sungjong didn't just want Sungyeol to come along just so he could have some company but he also wanted to bring his best friend because he wanted Sungyeol to take a break and enjoy.

 

"I'm sorry. The last thing I'm going to do for you that has anything to do with that concert was shooting that video." Sungyeol said with a tone of finality.

 

This was the last day and last chance for Sungjong to persuade his bestfriend because he had to leave for Busan the next day. He originally planned to be there with Sungyeol a day before the concert.

 

Sungjong frowned. He was going alone after all. When Sungyeol uses that tone, Sungjong knows there's no way he could change his mind anymore. No matter how much begging, whining or threatening he would make, the decision is already final.

 

"I understand. I'll be going now. I still have to pack a few things." Sungjong turned sadly. "See you in maybe 3 days." he added as he walked slowly out of Sungyeol's café.

 

Sungyeol could just sigh at the sight of his bestfriend's back. Sungjong has a way of making him feel so guilty without even trying.