Chapter 1

You're My Bestfriend

"Work is so stressful." Sungyeol sighed for the nth time since he had entered Sungjong's apartment. He made himself comfortable in the couch while telling Sungjong his work problems, and Sungjong just listened to his rant while scanning a magazine.

 

"I should have been enjoying my youth, but here I am being so stressed out about my café." Sungyeol sighed again.

 

"You know what Yeollie? You can always take a break from work. I'm sure your staff could handle a few days without your supervision." Sungjong suggested. He would always tell his bestfriend to take a few days of leave from work but Sungyeol never seems to listen to him. Vacation is a word non-existent in Sungyeol's vocabulary.

 

"Have you eaten already? I bought you some brownies." Sungyeol changed the topic.

 

Despite being stressed and complaining about his work, Sungyeol always visited Sungjong on weekends and he would always bring something for them to eat. Sometimes they would just hang around and talk and at other times they would watch movies.

 

"I already have, but I'd still like to eat those brownies." Sungjong took one piece and they ate the batch together while watching the tv.

 

During commercial, Sungyeol went to the comfort room and Sungjong was about to change the channel, when he saw an ad.

 

'Kim Sunggyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, and Kim Myungsoo! The hottest and most in-demand band of the nation is going to have a series of concerts all over the country! Boyband 'Infinite Effect' is going to capture local fans' hearts just after having their successful first world tour. Tickets are available in your local ticket outlets. Hurry up and buy your tickets now!'

 

After the tv ad, Sungjong screamed so loud that made Sungyeol run back to him quickly.

 

"What's wrong Jongie? Did something happen to you?!" Sungyeol asked worriedly. He looked for anything that might have caused Sungjong to scream like that, like a cockroach or a mouse, but he found none.

 

Sungjong laughed and apologized.

"I'm sorry, I got so excited with the tv ad."

 

"What was it?" Sungyeol asked sitting beside Sungjong.

 

"You know I love 'Infinite Effect' right?" Sungjong started.

 

"Yes. You even persuaded me to go with you to Seoul a few months ago just to see their concert." Sungyeol remembered the time he agreed to his best friend just so Sungjong would stop bugging him.

 

"But in the end, We weren't able to go because I got sick." Sungjong added sadly.

 

"Yeah. I had to come out from my café from time to time just to check on you.." Sungyeol asked.

 

"I didn't ask you to take care of me." Sungjong pouted.

 

"Well I couldn't concentrate at work thinking about how sick you were and all alone at home." Sungyeol replied.

 

"Can we just go back to what I was talking about?"

 

"Fine. What about 'Infinite Effect'?"

 

"They're back in Korea! And they're going to have a series of concerts here!" Sungjong exclaimed and was smiling ecstatically.

 

Sungyeol sighed. So that's what all this is about.

 

"I saw the list of places they're going to visit and one of them is Busan! It's the nearest one to us. It's only a 4-hour ride from here." Sungjong explained.

 

"So, you want to go there just to watch their concert." Sungyeol stated.

 

"Yes." Sungjong grinned. He is going to the concert and he is planning on bringing his bestfriend with him.