Truth & Lies

Selfish Love

Kumi was going to hold off on telling Donghae about the kiss and was going to crash at Hyelim and Alice's but before she could shut her eyes she received a call from Donghae.

"Hello?" She said groggily.

"I missed you angel, were you sleeping?" Donghae asked cheerfully.

"No, not yet." She said trying to sound less groggy.

"Then do you mind if I pick you up?"

"Uh, babe..."

"Yeah?"

"I, uh-"

"Is something wrong?"

Kumi thought about telling him then but she missed him too and she didn't know how he would react so she decided to wait until she was at his house. "N-No, I just wanted to tell you I'm at Alice and Hyelim's place ."

"Oh, okay. I'll be there in a few."

"Okay, I'll see you then ." Kumi left a note for the girl's and waited for Donghae out front hoping not to wake them.

 

"Are you sleepy?" Donghae asked when they stepped into his house.

"Not really, why do you ask?"

"I thought you'd be happier to see me."

"I am happy to see you, but I-I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" Donghae asked as he sat next to Kumi on the couch wrapping his arm around her.

"Please don't be mad at me." Kumi said before letting out a shaky breath.

Donghae raised a brow and moved his arm. "What happened?"

"I kissed-"

"What! You kissed who?" Donghae jumped up from the couch.

Kumi grabbed onto his forearm with both hands before he could pull away. "I kissed Hyukjae." Donghae froze in his place.

Since he didn't look like he would storm off, Kumi let go of his arm. "Babe? D-Did you hear me? I said I kissed-"

"My, my choreographer, Lee Hyukjae?" Donghae asked as he glared down at Kumi who was still seated on the couch. She nodded her head afraid to look at him directly. "How did this happen? Since when are you two so close anyway?" Donghae asked as he paced back and forth, roughly pushing his hand through his hair and slightly pulling on the ends.

Kumi told him the whole story about how they met, the private dance lessons, the amusement park, everything.

 

"So, he kissed you?" Donghae asked, his arms folded across his chest. By then he'd pulled up a chair directly in front of her with one leg crossed over the other, he wanted every possible detail.

"Yes, but don't be mad at him. I kissed him back...I'm really sorry babe, it meant nothing and I don't know why I did it."

Donghae scoffed, "Please, you know why you did it. You obviously like him and for that moment you forgot all about me and did what you felt."

"I don't li-"

"Don't even try to lie to me Kumi! Why else would you cling to him all summer."

"I didn't cling to him." Kumi mumbled to herself.

"Oh, sorry let me re-phrase. You clung to him until you found out he had a boyfriend."

"Did you know he's gay?" Kumi asked nonchalantly.

Donghae glared at her. Honestly he couldn't look at her any other way, he was so upset . He didn't even know what to do , the loves of his life found each other and fell in love. Well maybe not love but they clearly liked each other.

"You know what, I'm going to bed. I can't deal with this right now." Donghae said as he put his chair away and made his way to the bedroom."We'll talk more about this in the morning."

 

Kumi felt horrible, all night Donghae tossed and turned. She shook him awake when it looked like he was having a really bad nightmare.

"Babe! Babe! Wake up!" Kumi said as she tapped and shook him awake.

Donghae suddenly sat up and rubbed his eyes. "I gotta go." He said as he slipped on his slippers and left the room. "I'll be back!" He yelled before leaving the house.

Kumi sat there on the bed blinking in confusion.

 

-

"I knew it was you." Siwon said as he opened the door. "What is it now?"

"They kissed." Siwon's eyebrows shot up. "They as in-"

"Hyukjae kissed Kumi." Donghae said as he entered the house, closing the door behind him.

Siwon layed on the sofa stuffing a throw pillow behind his head. "When did that happen?"

"She said they've been hanging  out all summer and they kissed when they were all at Sungmin's house in the country."

"Tch, Sungmin. You should have known he had something to do with it."

"Yeah , yeah you hate Sungmin but we're not talking about your problems right now."

"Do we ever." Siwon said sulkily. 

"Anyway I came over here because Kumi woke me up from a nightmare I was having where they both left me, so I decided to come talk to you and after receiving your advice I'm going to talk to Hyukjae."

"You could just go talk to Hyukjae since you don't listen to my advice anyway."

"Yes I do."

"How many times have I told you to stop this madness and you still haven't taken my advice."

"I know but I'm really going to listen to you this time."

"Sure you will. Anyway, what you need to do is pick one. Kumi or Hyukjae, you can only have one or they could end up with each other like in your nightmare and you'll be all alone. Though that may be good for them."

Donghae gasped, "How could you say that?"

Siwon chuckled, "I'm just being realistic."

"Gee, thanks. I'm going to get going now." Donghae said as he headed out the door.

"You'd better listen to me this time Donghae or else you're gonna be single again!" Siwon yelled after him.

Though Donghae didn't acknowledge him, he'd heard everything Siwon said and he was right. He needed to make a choice.

 

On the way to Hyukjae's house Donghae weighed the pro's and con's of having only one lover and he had to admit it didn't seem too bad, only tending to one person. The problem now was which one does he choose. He thought as he parked his car. He took in a few deep breaths before slowly entering.

"Hyukjae? Angel?" He called out as he took baby steps into the house. Donghae jumped when Hyukjae slowly and a bit creepily entered the dark living room. It was dark and the only illumination was the dim lighting coming from the kitchen that Hyukjae always kept on when Donghae came home late.

Both Hyukjae and Donghae seized movement when they saw each other. Hyukjae was the first to move when he swallowed nervously. "Why are you wearing pajamas?" He asked folding his arms over his chest.

Donghae cleared his throat, "I was at Siwon's. I couldn't sleep so I came home. Why is your face all puffy? Were you crying?"

Hyukjae quickly shook his head and patted at his cheeks. "No, I -I ate ramen before going to bed." Hyukjae shifted his weight from left to right. He figured he looked suspicious so he faked a smile.

" You're acting weird. What's wrong?" Donghae asked cocking his head to the side.

"Nothing." Hyukjae answered a little too quickly.

Donghae raised an eyebrow and opened his arms. "Why are you all the way over there? Didn't you miss me?" Hyukjae inched closer to him even though that's the last thing he wanted to do.

Donghae was first to wrap his arms around Hyukjae.

"I missed you, Angel." Donghae whispered, his lips pressed against the shell of Hyukjae's ear. Making Hyukjae lose his resolve. Donghae moved his face closer to Hyukjae's when Hyukjae pulled back just a bit.

"Why?" Donghae asked his voice deep, squinting his eyes in suspicion. "Don't you want to kiss me?"

Hyukjae hated it. He was so angry a few hours ago with all intentions of dropping Donghae like a hot potato, but now. Now that he was right there in his face (literally inches away from his face) all he wanted was to hold onto this man and never let him go.

Donghae looked at him with bright glistening eyes. "Or are your lips sore?"

"What?" Hyukjae asked, shocked.

Donghae took this opportunity to connect their lips, sliding his hand down to the small of his back. When Hyukjae tried to pull away Donghae lightly bit his bottom lip, Hyukjae opened his mouth and wrapped his arms around Donghae's neck kissing him back, anxiously as if he would leave and never come back. Donghae stopped when he heard a faint noise that sounded very familiar. Donghae opened his eyes and saw Hyukjae trying to hide his tears.

"Why are you crying Angel?"

Hyukjae wiped his tears and took in a deep breath before puling back his arm and punching Donghae as hard as he could in the bicep.

"Ouch! Why'd you hit me?" Donghae exclaimed.

"Don't yell at me! You have no right to yell at me!" Hyukjae shouted his voice cracking because he was still crying.

"What's wrong Angel?" Donghae asked stepping closer. Hyukjae pushed him away, Donghae grabbed Hyukjae's arm to keep from falling. "Baby! Tell me what's wrong!"

"Why are you cheating on me?" Hyukjae exclaimed. Then he crouched down clutching his chest, he was crying so hard he could barely breathe.

Donghae sighed ran his hand through his hair and sat on the floor next to Hyukjae and pulled him in close to his chest resting his chin atop Hyukjae's head rocking him back and forth. "I'm so sorry Hyukjae."

"If you're really sorry, you'll stop seeing her." Hyukjae sobbed. "You have to leave her, I love you. I love you more than she ever will, I love you so much that I would die for you so...you can't! You can't love two people when I only love you!" Hyukjae said hysterically.

"O-Okay, I'll leave her."

"I don't believe you." Hyukjae said shaking his head vigorously.

"I will. It's just going to be hard, that's all."

"What is it about her?" Hyukjae asked wrapping his arms around his knees.

"You should know, you kissed her."

Hyukjae tried to get up and storm off but Donghae held his grip so he couldn't pull away.

"I'm sorry, just don't leave me Donghae, I need you more than she does."

"I could never leave you Hyukjae." Donghae said as he held and consoled him. They stayed that way until the sun rose and when Hyukjae finally fell asleep Donghae carried him to bed.

 

 

Hello!

It feels like it's been awhile since I've done an author's note. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! To all of you subscribed readers and you know the regular viewers who either don't have an account or just reads and says 'yeahhh, this ish isn't that good for me to subscribe to it.' EVERYONE who's reading this! Thank You! My goal was to finish this before Christmas, then the goal was to finish it before the New Year but...No, that's not going to happen. LOL! (clears throat awkwardly) But this story will be over in maybe 3 or 4 more chapters. ^-^ [Maybe?] If you couldn't tell I'm one of those not well organized, procrastinate for no reason kind of people. BUT! I will try not to keep you guys waiting too long. Just like you guys would like to know the ending to this story I would like to finish this story. So, Toodles! (what kind of loser says toodles?) And Happy New Year!