ANNIVERSARIES

Selfish Love

Donghae was in the studio putting the finishing touches on his album when Siwon called.

"Hello~" Donghae said in a cheerful tone.

"Someone's in a good mood." Siwon said.

"That's because I'm excited about this album and you know my anniversary is coming up." Donghae said while smiling.

Siwon rolled his eyes and said "You say that like it's just one."

"I feel like it's one since they are one after the other."

"What are you planning?" Siwon asked.

"Last year I got Kumi a charm bracelet so I bought a charm to represent our second year, and I'm going to take her out for dinner. As for Hyukjae it's our first one so I'm going to move in on that day...I still haven't decided on the gift yet."

'I'm sure he will be pleased with just you moving in. Why do you have to buy anything?"

"I just feel like I should buy him something. Anyway I have to go, I'll talk to you later." Donghae said before hanging up and continuing his work. It was late when Donghae completed the songs but he still went to see Hyukjae since he promised.

"Yeobo!" Hyukjae said with a wide grin.

"Are you surprised?" Donghae asked seeing Hyukjae's expression.

"Kind of, It's so late so I didn't think you'd come." Hyukjae said hugging Donghae and squeezing him tightly.

"Of course, I'd come, I promised." Donghae said kissing Hyukjae's cheek.

"Did you eat?" Hyukjae asked as he sat on the couch and Donghae laid his head in Hyukjae's lap.

"No, but I'll pick something up on the way home." Donghae said as Hyukjae his hair.

"Oh, you're leaving?" Hyukjae asked disappointed.

Donghae looked up into Hyukjae's eyes. "Yeah, I'm sorry angel, I can't stay tonight."

"At least I got to see you." Hyukjae said as he leaned down and kissed Donghae's forehead.

"There's some kimbap in the fridge."

"No,I'm okay. I'm always eating your food."

Hyukjae laughed as he got up and Donghae's head plopped down on the cushion, he went to the fridge to get the plate of kimbap. He sat back down next to Donghae who was now sitting upright.

"Oh shut up, if you don't eat it who will." Hyukjae said as he popped a slice in Donghae's mouth. As Donghae ate he snatched another piece off the plate.

"Thanks babe." Donghae said as he stuffed his face like he'd never eaten before. After wolfing down all of the food on the plate Donghae looked like he was ready to go.

"B-babe, did you think about it?" Hyukjae asked as Donghae stood up to fetch his coat. "Think about what? angel" Donghae said putting on his coat and turning to look at Hyukjae.

"Remember, you said you'd think about living with me." Hyukjae stood up and held Donghae's hands in his as he looked into his eyes.

Donghae stared back into Hyukjae's hopeful eyes as he slowly closed the space between them and kissed him passionately. Hyukjae closed his eyes and kissed back as he wrapped his arms around Donghae's waist, Hyukjae felt like Donghae was trying to distract him so he quickly pulled away and pushed Donghae lightly against the door.

"Stop! I asked you a question. Answer me." Hyukjae said annoyed.

Donghae chuckled pecked his pouty boyfriends lips and said "Calm down, my lease will be ending soon. I'll see you Thursday." and with that Donghae left.

Hyukjae just stood in front of the opened door with a goofy grin on his face. Once he snapped out of it he closed the door and aimlessly walked to his bedroom, it wasn't until he tucked himself in that he thought about it.

"Thursday? What's going on Thursday?" Hyukjae thought aloud as he reached for his phone and looked at his calendar.

"Omo! Our anniversary! Has it really been a year? I can't believe I forgot about our anniversary." Hyukjae said while yawning. He fell asleep as he replayed Donghae's "My lease will be ending soon." in his head.

 

Hyukjae awoke with a smile on his face.

"Oh shoot! I have to go shopping!" Hyukjae exclaimed as he hopped out of bed and got ready to go shopping. He decided to call Sungmin so he could help him shop.

"Hello." The groggy voice said.

"Sungmin hyung!" Hyukjae said excited.

"What is it you want this early?" Sungmin said slowly waking up.

Hyukjae was so excited he didn't even notice the time, he looked at the clock it was 9am.

"Sorry it's so early hyung but I need your help it's me and Hae's anniversary and I don't know what to get him!"

"Okay, I'll help, just give me a minute." Sungmin said getting out of bed and stretching.

"Alright hyung, I'll be there in a few." Hyukjae said before hanging up.

Hyukjae finished getting ready and went to pick up Sungmin.

"It's open!" Sungmin yelled.

Hyukjae let himself in and went to Sungmin's room to see Sungmin in pink boxers blow drying his hair.

"I want to go to the mall." Hyukjae said as he sat on the edge of Sungmin's bed.

"Okay!" Sungmin said as he immediately snatched an outfit from the closet.

"So, what are you going to get him?" Sungmin asked.

"I don't know Min hyung! That's why I called you. What did you get Kyuhyun for your anniversary?" Hyukjae said sounding panicked.

"Oh, well Kyu didn't really want a material gift." Sungmin said giggling as he yanked up his skinny jeans.

Hyukjae laughed and said "But, I think he's going to move in soon and I have to get him something."

Sungmin turned around and looked at Hyukjae with a serious expression.

"Hyukkie. I told you not to get your hopes up." Sungmin said as he sat beside Hyukjae and patted his shoulder.

"I know but last night he told me his lease would be ending soon, why would he tell me that if he had no plans of moving in?"

"I guess you're right, I just don't want you to get hurt." Sungmin said.

"Don't worry hyung, let's go!"

On the way there Hyukjae stressed over what to get his boyfriend.

"Do you think he'd like shoes?'

"He'll walk out of your life if you get that." Sungmin said.

Hyukjae laughed "That's a myth, but he has enough shoes."

"Oh! How about that cologne that you like so much." Sungmin said feeling like a genius.

"For me?" Hyukjae asked as he drove around the parking lot looking for a parking space.

"No, babo for Donghae! Remember that cologne you said you love so much when he wears it?" Sungmin tried to remind Hyukjae.

"Oh yeah! Sungmin hyung you're awesome! That's a great anniversary gift for both of us!" Hyukjae said excited as he parked the car and headed towards the mall entrance with Sungmin.

As soon as they entered the mall they headed towards the nearest department store.

"Ahhh, I love the smell of a department store in the morning." Sungmin said as he took in a whiff and pranced across the glossy floors.

Hyukjae followed the happy Sungmin towards the several cologne's on display.

"You know I just realized something." Hyukjae said as he tapped his chin in thought.

"What?" Sungmin asked sniffing perfume in a pink bottle.

"I don't know the name of the cologne." Sungmin's jaw dropped.

"Are you serious? What the hell are you gonna do?"

"I guess I can smell all of them until I find the right one."

Sungmin sighed "Okay well you'd better get started."

Hyukjae nodded and immediately started to search for the special cologne. After about the fifteenth bottle Hyukjae's nose was red and sore.

"There's only three left one of them have to be it...unless..." Sungmin's voice trailed off.

"Unless what?" Hyukjae asked as he rubbed his sensitive nose.

"Unless it isn't here and we have to start all over elsewhere."

Hyukjae gasped "No! It's gotta be here!" He frantically snatched another bottle of cologne, closed his eyes and took a deep whiff. Hyukjae opened his eyes and smiled a big smile.

"This is it! I found it!" he exclaimed, holding up the bottle in victory.

"Well, if that's it purchase it and let's get the hell out of here my feet hurt." Sungmin said pouting as he shifted from foot to foot.

"Okay, I'll take the baby home." Hyukjae said as he walked over to that cashier. Once he bought the cologne he and Sungmin were on the way out the mall entrance when Hyukjae bumped into someone and dropped his bag. Sungmin quickly helped him up. "Oh my! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" The woman said as she picked up Hyukjae's bag and handed it to him.

"Omo! You're that guy I saw dancing to 2NE1's song on the internet. You're amazing."

Hyukjae bowed "Thank you." he said as he took the cologne out of the bag to make sure it wasn't broken.

"Oh! My boyfriend used to wear that all the time. Is it broken?" The female asked Hyukjae said as he took a few steps forward.

"W-wait! What's your name?" The girl asked.

"Hyukjae...Lee Hyukjae"

"And I'm Lee Sungmin, You're pretty, What's your name?"

"Thank you. I'm Yoo Kumi. You both are very nice, it was nice meeting you two."

 

"That girl was nice, right.?" Sungmin said skipping to the car.

"Yeah, she was pretty too. It was weird I haven't noticed another attractive person since I met Donghae." Hyukjae said as he unlocked the car.

"She was so pretty it's hard not to notice."