Who?

Selfish Love

'It's Karma." Donghae says as he wraps up my swollen ankle.

"What?" Kumi asked a bit annoyed as she was propped up on the couch watching Donghae play doctor.

"Because you hung up on me and refused to wear the cover-up I spent so much time looking for, this happened." He says as he finishes bandaging her ankle.

Kumi called him earlier to tell him what happened at the water park and he came flying over to her dorm to pick her up, saying she needed to be taken care of. Despite the fact that him bringing her out of the comfy dorm caused more pain to her ankle. Plus, his spacious house is not where you want to be if you can't walk properly but since he seemed hurt that she didn't call yesterday she let him do what he wanted.

"Welp," he says as he slides his hands together as if he's dusting them off. "Angel I have to go."

"W-Wait, What?"

"Yeah, I have to go practice. Don't worry Angel. I'll be back soon." He smiled innocently.

Why would you bring me all the way over here if you had to work? Kumi thought to herself instead she just shrugged her bitterness off. "Since you're abandoning me, can Hyelim come over and keep me company? I don't want to be alone." She pouted trying to get sympathy.

To Kumi's surprise he doesn't hesitate and says, "Sure, do you want to invite your other friend too?"

"Oh no, Alice can't come. Hyelim says she doesn't know how to keep a secret."

"Ah~, okay." He nods a couple of times but then he in air through his teeth and asks, "But how do you know you can trust Hyelim?"

"I don't know. When I talk to her I can just tell she's trustworthy. Not that  Alice isn't trustworthy it's just, Alice  talks a lot  so you never know when something may slip." Kumi said as she readjusted her ankle, wincing as she moved the pillow it was on.

Donghae just nodded. "So she'll be here when I get back?"

"Yeah if she's not busy. I'll tell her you want to meet her."

"Okay then Angel, I love you. Bye!" Donghae exclaims before grabbing his practice bag and heading out the door.

As soon as he leaves Kumi reaches for her cell phone that's somehow sunken into the couch cushion despite the fact that she hasn't been moving much. With much difficulty Kumi was finally able to reach her phone and dial Hyelim's number.

"Hello?" Hyelim answers out of breath.

"Oh I'm sorry are you busy?"

"Not really just brushing up on my dancing before the semester starts. Why? Something wrong?" Hyelim asked a bit worried.

"No. Just Donghae brought me to his house to watch over me because my ankle is swollen but he has to practice so I'm alone. I was wondering--"

"Do you need me to come over ?" She said frantically.

"Yes, and then you can meet Donghae."

"Okay, Just give me a minute and I'll be there. Text me the directions."

"Will do." Kumi says before hanging up and texting the directions.

After sending the directions to Hyelim, Kumi is quite bored since Donghae's laptop is in his room and the remote to the TV is on the coffee table right in front of her but too far to reach without hurting herself. When the doorbell rings she's both excited and annoyed. Happy, because Hyelim is finally there. Annoyed, because now she has to hobble across the room to get to her. "I'm coming!" Kumi yells trying to buy some time.

Once she opens the door she's greeted by Hyelim's worried expression. "Are you okay?" Hyelim asks immediately.

"Yeah, I'm okay, but do you think you could help me back to the couch?" Kumi asked sheepishly.

She didn't even say anything, just wrapped Kumi's arm around her neck and helped her hobble back to safety. Kumi fluffed the pillows that were keeping her ankle elevated --because Donghae said it would help the swelling go down-- before flopping down on the couch with a sigh.

"When did it swell?" Hyelim asked reaching her hand out towards Kumi's swollen ankle as if she was going to touch it. Kumi shrugged. " I don't know" I woke up this morning and, Look!" She yelled extending her hand pointing toward her swollen, bandaged ankle. "And it hurts like hell!"

Hyelim looked at Kumi's ankle and frowned. "Yeah, about that. I don't think this is helping." She said pointing at Kumi's bandaged ankle. Kumi looked down and saw her toes were starting to change color. "Why did you wrap it so tight?" Hyelim asked as she quickly untied the ace bandage.

"I didn't do it, Donghae did and I honestly didn't notice until now." Kumi said wincing once the bandage was removed and the blood started rushing to her foot.

After Hyelim removed  the bandage and got a bucket of ice water for Kumi to stick her ankle in to help the swelling go down. There was a short lived silence before Hyelim said, "I wonder what they talk about."

"Who?" Kumi asked as she flipped through the channels on the TV. "Donghae and Hyukjae."

Kumi gasped eyes widening in surprise, "Omo!" she exclaimed.

"I completely forgot Hyukjae is his choreographer!"

"Does he know Donghae's your boyfriend?"

"No. Unless Donghae told him, and why would I come up? And I doubt Hyukjae would say anything about me."

"About Hyukjae.."

"What about him?"

"I think he likes you."

"Please! He doesn't, and I'm sure he has a girlfriend. Though he's never brought it up."

Hyelim shrugged, "Whatever you say, but he was acting strange yesterday."

"He was a little quiet in the van on the way back."

"I think he was jealous that Doojoon was carrying you."

Kumi laughed uproariously. "That's crazy!"

After talking for a for a while longer Donghae returned.

"Hey Babe. This is Hyelim." Kumi said gesturing toward her.

Hyelim stood up and bowed. "Hello." She said politely.

"Hello so you're Kumi's new best friend?" Donghae asked Hyelim.

Hyelim nodded. "I guess."

"Well it's not like I had an old best friend." Kumi smiled. "So, did you have fun with Hyukjae?" she asked still smiling.

His happy expression fell and his face turned pale, he looked like he was frozen in his place. Then he cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair. " How did you know Hyukjae's my choreographer?"

"He told us when he was a guest teacher at our dance class." Hyelim said.

Donghae looked at her and then slowly turned his attention to his girlfriend. "Since when do you dance?"

"Since I've been trying to impress you. Also so you won't be embarrassed by me anymore."

"O-Oh, well I'm going to shower." He looked at Hyelim. "It was nice meeting you." He bowed and went to the bathroom.

"What the hell?" Kumi said scratching her head in confusion.

"What was that about?" Hyelim whispered.

"I have no idea."

"Well now that your lover is back, I'll be leaving."

"Why? Is it because Donghae's acting weird?" Kumi asked woe evident in her voice.

"No. I promised Alice I'd help her find an outfit for tonight. Apparently she snagged a date with that guy from the water park."

"Okay then, tell her I said hi."

"I will. I hope your ankle heals soon."

"Thanks for coming, bye." Kumi waved as Hyelim made her way towards the door.

"Bye." She waved as Hyelim let herself out.

Kumi didn't know she'd fallen asleep until she was shaken awake by Donghae."Here take these. It'll help stop the swelling." He gave Kumi the pills and a glass of water. "Thanks babe." Kumi said groggily before swallowing the pills and downing the glass of water he handed her. "Are you hungry? I'm making ramyun." Donghae asked aloud as he sauntered over to the kitchen to keep an eye on the food. "Yes." Kumi said clearing and sitting up on the couch.

He went into the kitchen and came back with a tray balancing two bowls on top. he sat the tray on the coffee table. "Do you want me to feed you?" "No, I'm fine. It's my ankle that's hurt." The two ate in silence for awhile until Kumi spoke. "What's wrong?" "Nothing Angel." Donghae smiled. "Was it Hyukjae? Was he too hard on you?" "How do you know him?" "Hyelim told you. We met him when he taught our dance class." "That's it?" Donghae asked eyebrow raised. "That's it."

Why am I lying? Kumi thought  to herself. I guess if I tell the truth Donghae may not let us hang out anymore.

 

~*~

"They know each other." Donghae said as he bounced his knee up and down frantically.

"What are you talking about?" Siwon asked.

It was going on five o'clock in the morning and Donghae was talking nonsense in Siwon's living room. Again.

"Kumi and Hyukjae!"

Siwon burst into laughter. "What?" He managed to say in between outbursts of laughter. "How?"

Donghae looked at Siwon with a bland expression.

Siwon immediately stopped grinning and cleared his throat. "I mean. Oh no! That's terrible!"

"She said he was her guest teacher at the dance studio she practices at."

"Since when does Kumi dance?"

"I don't know. She said she didn't''t want to embarrass me anymore."

"Is she that bad?"

"Siwon! This is not about her dancing! She met Hyukjae! D-Do you think she knows? O-Or does Hyukjae know?"

Siwon let out a sigh. "I don't think either of them know anything. If Kumi knew she wouldn't ask about him, and if Hyukjae knew you would know." he said as he went to the refrigerator and came back with a bowl of grapes.

Donghae looked up from his sitting position. "What do you mean 'I would already know'?"

"Well Kumi is the type that would quietly plot revenge while Hyukjae would confront you immediately." Siwon said lying across the couch kicking his feet up bowl of grapes in hand.

Donghae sat back and stared at the person he calls his friend. "You're enjoying this aren't you?"

"Don't say I didn't warn you~." Siwon said before throwing a grape in the air and catching it in his mouth.

"Bastard." Donghae says before getting up and storming out of Siwon's house. He had three hours to sleep before going to the airport in the morning.