Taking Responsibility

Selfish Love

Donghae returned home after a stressful meeting with the CEO of his company and after three hours of talking he was beat, but the second he opened his front door all he could hear were loud screams and cries coming from the bathroom. Donghae didn't even shut the door before running to the bathroom. He swung the bathroom door open, Kumi was in the tub with her legs curled up crying into her knees. Donghae sat on the edge of the tub. "Kumi!" he exclaimed shaking her shoulders trying to snap her out of it.

"Stop it! Don't touch me!" Kumi yelled splashing water as she scrambled to the other side of the tub.

"Calm down and tell me what's wrong!" Donghae yelled.

Kumi took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, "I told my mom today."

"Was she upset?"

Kumi shook her head slowly, "No, she thinks everything is fine and she's pretty much happy about the situation. Of course she wishes we were married first  but she said she's excited to officially call you her son-in-law."

Donghae rubbed his face in frustration, he didn't remember it being this hard to understand her before. "If she isn't upset then what's wrong?"

"Did you not hear me? She thinks everything is okay!" She exclaimed slamming her fist in the water splashing Donghae's shoulder. "I wanted to tell her/" she sniffled. "I wanted to tell her so bad, 'no mom,it's not what you think my boyfriend cheated on me with his choreographer who is male by the way and he was going to choose him over me but I'm pregnant so he chose me and now we're getting married not because he loves me but because I'm pregnant with his child."

Donghae sighed as he got up and left. He was not in the mood  to comfort her. Even though it was all his fault things turned out the way they did so he had no right to be upset with her, but he was. Donghae walked down the hall into his bedroom and went straight for the closet, he walked to the back and kneeled down picking up a shoe box. His eyes started to water as he opened the box containing memories of him and Hyukjae, pictures, ticket stubs and other trinkets that he'd collected over the years. There was another box but it was at Hyukjae's. (quite a few of his things were left there.) Donghae took out the first picture that was lying on top, it was a photo of him and Hyukjae when they'd gone on their first movie date. Donghae bit his bottom lip to try to stop it from quivering as he looked at the picture, they looked so happy both of them grinning from ear to ear. Donghae noticed how bright Hyukjae's eyes looked, then he had a flashback of Hyukjae's face when he'd lefft his house and it hurt Donghae to think of how much pain he'd caused Hyukjae because of his selfishness.

Donghae's chest felt tight as the tears streamed down his cheeks. He let out an agonizing scream rippling from the pit of his stomach, tearing through his throat, sounding more like a roar than a scream. As he took a deep breath in through his nose and out the mouth he thought about Kumi saying he made a rash decision choosing Hyukjae over her but honestly it wasn't rash at all. He never told anyone but he and Hyukjae had a better connection than Kumi and him. Which is why he chose Hyukjae, but circumstances caused by his carelessness led him to ultimately choose Kumi.

 Donghae sighed as he leaned on the wall trying to pull himself together before going back out into the lion's den. Donghae wiped his tears, and hid the box back in the corner behind his clothes under another box before walking out.

Kumi was sitting on Donghae's bed when he came in. "I'm sorry." She says glancing up at him.

Donghae doesn't respond and sits on the edge of the bed his back facing her as she leaned on the headboard. "If I didn't love you I wouldn't marry you, no matter the circumstances."

"What did your boss say? Did he give you a hard time?"

Donghae sighed as he lie on his back staring up at the ceiling. "I don't know. He was really understanding, which was kind of scary." He sighed again as he rested his hands on his stomach. "Tomorrow the company will announce it." He rolled over on his stomach and looked up at Kumi resting his chin on two fists. "We should move, to a more child friendly home."

Kumi nodded, "Okay."

"We should set a date before you start showing."

Kumi put her hand on her stomach. "When do you want to do it?"

"Hmmm," Donghae hummed pushing air from one side of his cheek to the other. "I was thinking the sooner the better so...two weeks from today?"

Kumi in air through her teeth. "That soon,huh?"

Donghae nodded, "I'll find a wedding planner to take care of everything." He said as he stood up. "Get dressed."

Kumi raised an eyebrow, "Why?" she asked. "Where are we going?" she really didn't feel like going anywhere.

"You need a ring. Let's go." Donghae said as he put his jacket on.

Kumi was still upset with him but there was a small pull on the side of her lips as she got up and got dressed with a spring in her step.