WATER PARK

Selfish Love

It was early in the morning and Kumi was at Alice and Hyelim's condo.

"Sungmin told us to meet them at his house." Hyelim said as she packed her bag.

"Unni! Are you ready?" Hyelim yelled into the other room.

"Yeah!" She said as she bounced out of her room with her hands wrapped around her backpack straps. "Let's go!" Alice said grabbing her car keys.

Before Alice pulled off she asked Hyelim if Sungmin gave her the directions to his place.

"Yeah." She said opening the text and handing her phone over to Alice.

"When did you two talk on the phone?" Kumi asked while Alice put the address in the GPS.

"He's cute and fun so I wanted to be his friend." Hyelim said smiling.

"Okay~." Kumi said not really believing Hyelim's excuse.

"Yah! Kumi, you don't believe me? Really I just want to be his friend. I don't have any male friends." Hyelim pouted.

"That's because you always fall in love with them." Alice said as she drove.

"Be quiet Unnie~ No one asked you." Hyelim whined. The car filled with laughter on their way too Sungmin's house.

 

Hyukjae had just got  out of the shower and started packing his bag when his phone rang extremely loud in the quiet room. Hyukjae ran over to his side of the bed and snatched the phone off the charger.

"What!" He whispered as he stepped out of the bedroom.

"Why are you whispering?" Sungmin asked.

"I'm trying to sneak out and you're ruining that."

"Why are you sneaking out? You told him about the girls didn't you?"

"Yeah and he didn't react to well so I'm definitely not telling him about this!"

Sungmin just let out a judgmental sigh. "I'll see you at your house." Hyukjae said before hanging up.

He quickly packed his bag and got out of there without disturbing Donghae.

He felt accomplished knowing he snuck out successfully, but a sad wave quickly crashed over him once he realized why he had to sneak out in the first place. Once Hyukjae made it to Sungmin's he saw a van out front that he didn't remember seeing before. He called Sungmin to buzz him in so he wouldn't wake Kyuhyun.

"I'm downstairs." Hyukjae said before Sungmin hung up on him to open the door. Sungmin swung the door open with a big childish grin plastered on his face. "You're here!" He whispered enthusiastically. He grabbed Hyukjae's arm and dragged him to his room separate from the one he shared with his lover so they wouldn't have to whisper. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah, but I feel bad I lied."

"Well you didn't lie. When he calls you, because you know he will just tell him the truth. What can he do over the phone." Sungmin said as he zipped his bag.

Hyukjae sighed. "Yeah, you're right."

Sungmin got a phone call from Hyelim saying they were there. "They're here! Let's go! Babe I love you!" Sungmin yelled as he grabbed his bag and exited the room swiftly.

"You too, take care of my Sungminnie Hyukjae!" Kyuhyun yelled groggily from the bedroom.

"Wait, he knows?"

"Yeah, unlike your boyfriend. Kyu doesn't care if I hang out with women because I love him. Plus he likes when I go out because he says I'm too clingy." Sungmin said while putting on his shoes and flying out the door.

"Hey Girls! Let's go! I rented a van!" Sungmin exclaimed as he skipped over to the van and unlocked it..

"I call shotgun!" Hyelim said running over to the van and sitting in the passengers seat next to Sungmin. Hyukjae, Kumi and Alice piled in the back seat.

On the way there everyone in the backseat fell asleep leaving Hyelim and Sungmin to talk to each other. They were halfway there when Hyukjae's phone rang waking him up. He quickly shoved his hand in his pocket to retrieve his phone. he looked around wildly noticing Sungmin and Hyelim in their own little  world while Alice and Kumi were still sleeping.

"Hello."

"Angel where are you?" He could tell he just woke up.

"I'm going to the water park with Sungmin."

"But you were supposed to teach me the choreography today."

"Shindong will be there, he can show you."

Donghae let out a sigh. "Okay~ I love you."

"Yeah, you too." Hyukjae said before hanging up.

At that moment they hit a bump in the road causing Alice's head to fall on Kumi's shoulder and Kumi's head to fall on his. Hyukjae laughed awkwardly and tried to sit her head up right but it just plopped back down on his shoulder. After awhile Hyukjae went back to sleep. Once they arrived Sungmin woke everyone up.

"Hey! Wake Up! We're here! Up! Up! Up!" Sungmin yelled while clapping his hands and exiting the van. Hyukjae's eyes flustered open he snuggled his head in his strawberry scented pillow. That's until it yawned and started moving. Hyukjae quickly snapped his head up when he realized the 'pillow' was actually Kumi's head and her head was still on his shoulder. He carefully shook her shoulder until she woke up.

"Sorry to wake you but w-were here." Hyukjae stuttered.

Kumi moved and smiled. "I'm sorry."

"N-No, it's okay. You were asleep, you didn't know."

"Hey! You two getting out or are you going to stay in the hot van all day?" Sungmin exclaimed as he slid the door open on their side. Hyukjae and Kumi quickly hopped out of the van.

"Let's go!" Alice said linking her arm with Kumi's and running towards the water park entrance.

"Come on!" Hyelim said grabbing Sungmin's hand while he linked his arm with Hyukjae's last minute causing him to stumble.

After entering the park they immediately split up and went to change into their swim suits. Sungmin and Hyukjae came out first and waited for the girls to come out. The girls came out at the same time shyly hiding behind one another. Sungmin and Hyukjae's eyes lit up. Alice was wearing a mint green one piece though there was only a little piece of fabric making it so. Hyelim was wearing a yellow bikini with ruffles and Kumi was wearing a pink bikini.

Sungmin started clapping. "Wow! You girls really are pretty! Goddesses!" He complimented. Sungmin nudged Hyukjae in the side so he could stop staring like he'd never seen a girl before.

"Yeah! You look great!" Hyukjae exclaimed happily.

"Thank you. You two look...great too...you know." Hyelim shied away and didn't finish her sentence.

'W-with your." Kumi cleared . "Your."

"Hot bodies!" Alice said boldly smiling at the two guys who's faces were now a bit red.

"Oh, Thank you." The two said as they patted their faces hoping the blush wasn't noticeable.

"So, what do you guys want to do first?" Alice asked as she took a giant step to the left so Hyelim and Kumi could stop hiding behind her.

"Hmmm." Hyelim hummed as she tapped her chin in thought as she observed the park. "That! Let's get on that first!" She shouted pointing up to the tallest water slide there.

'Are you crazy?" Alice asked her brows raised above her shades.

"I'm with Alice on this one. Maybe we should save that for last." Kumi suggested. "But~ if we get on that first everything else will be a breeze. Therefore we should get on this first." Hyelim said with full excitement.

"Okay! Then it's settled scary water slide it is!" Sungmin announced. "Let's go!" He said as he advanced towards the 'scary water slide'. The rest followed although Kumi and Alice were a bit reluctant. While waiting on the line Hyelim tried her best to convince Kumi and Alice that the ride wasn't that scary. When it was their turn Hyelim went first since she was so eager. She sat down, crossed her arms over her chest and slid down the boundless slide. She screamed until the water started to splash in barreling into the wide pool beneath her. She splashed around before glancing up and seeing Kumi look very nervous at the top of the slide. She waved for her to come down.

"Come on! Kumi! It's fun!"

Kumi let out a quick sigh and slid down the gigantic slide. She screamed at the top of her lungs until she too was submerged in the broad pool, she flailed wildly and screamed embarrassingly loud.

"Kumi! Kumi! Stand up!" Hyelim shouted. Kumi stopped freaking out and stood up.

"Oh." Kumi said embarrassed while Hyelim laughed obnoxiously loud.

Despite Alice being against riding the 'scary water slide' first, she handled it pretty well. Sungmin however, screamed like a girl Kumi and Alice laughed at his high pitched tone scream while Hyelim thought it was more cute than funny. Lastly Hyukjae slid down laughing and screaming "Woo!" the entire time. "Woo!" Everyone cheered getting out of the pool and high fiving each other.

"That was fun!" Sungmin exclaimed.

"Really? Was it fun?" Kumi asked.

"Considering the way you screamed like a twelve year old girl , I'd think you were scared to death." Alice said before cackling along with Kumi.

"Yah! I didn't scream like a girl!" Sungmin pouted.

"Yeah! He didn't scream like a girl! His voice is just softer than other guys!" Hyelim pouted as she defended Sungmin.

Everyone laughed at Hyelim's attempt to justify Sungmin's girlish scream.

"So what's next?" Sungmin asked changing the subject. Hyukjae looked around for a bit then pointed. "That one should be fun!" Everyone looked towards the river rapids ride as the ride went around jerking and crashing against the artificial waves and rocks the passengers screamed and laughed in delight.

"Okay! Let's go!" Alice exclaimed as she marched towards the ride.

After getting lost a few times and randomly finding a map they finally reached their destination. After waiting on line for what felt like forever they finally were seated . Hyelim sat next to Sungmin with Hyukjae once again awkwardly in between Kumi and Alice. The ride started slow but quickly began to pick up as the raft spun around seemingly out of control, they screamed as the cold water splashed on them. At that moment the sun gleamed on Kumi's face as she laughed and smiled her pearly whites shining even brighter , her tan skin glowing in the sunlight, her eye smile making her look adorable, beads of water ran down her chest contradicting her adorableness. Hyukjae was dumbfounded and the only thing that brought him out of his daze was a giant wave of cold water crashing down on him.

After getting off the ride Hyukjae kept glancing at Kumi. He was staring at her when Sungmin tapped him.

"I have to go to the restroom." He said while doing a potty dance.

"Since Oppa has to the restroom, let's take a break and meet up again by the tube slides." Hyelim said gesturing towards the restroom and the tube slides.

"Okay." Sungmin said nodding his head vigorously before speed walking towards the restroom. The girls went back to the locker room. While Alice and Hyelim used the bathroom, Kumi went to check her phone. She had ten missed calls all from Donghae. She quickly dialed him back.

"Hey babe, what's wr-"

"Where are you?" Donghae questioned with worry evident in his voice.

"I'm at the water park with Alice and Hyelim. What's wrong? I told you I'd be with them all day today."

"I-I know but you didn't answer my call so.."

"Awww, were you worried about me? I'm at a water park babe. That's why I couldn't answer the phone."

"You'd better be wearing the cover-up I bought you."

"It doesn't match."

"What do you mean it doesn't match? It's black, black goes with everything."

"It's too hot to wear black." Kumi complained.

"It's thin!"

"Not thin enough." Kumi mumbled.

"Fine. Walk around half and get d by strange men !"

Kumi laughed. "Out of all the pretty girl's here I doubt any strange men will me. Stop overreacting."

"I'm not overreact-"

"I have to go baby, I love you!" Kumi rushed him off the phone. She didn't feel like being bothered with his nonsense today.

"What was that about?" Kumi shrieked as she quickly turned around and saw Hyelim behind her.

"Don't sneak up on me!" Kumi yelled obviously startled.

Hyelim giggled. "Sorry."

"Who else? Donghae, he wants me to wear this." Kumi complained as she went to her locker to get the unreasonable item, she held it up for Hyelim and Alice who'd walked up.

"Isn't that too big?" Hyelim asked with her eyebrows raised.

"Two sizes too big." Kumi replied.

"Are you going to wear it?" Alice asked.

"Nope." She said as she threw the bulky fabric back in the locker. She went over and  sat cross-legged on one of the benches. "So what's up with you and Sungmin?"

Hyelim looked confused. "What?"

Alice sat next to Kumi and rolled her eyes. "What do you mean 'what?' You keep clinging to him that's what."

"No, I just like to sit next to him, that's all."

"Okay~ I won't bother you about it." Kumi said before getting up.

"Are you ready to go?" Hyelim asked. Kumi nodded before they exited the locker room.

 

 

"I think I like Kumi."

Sungmin choked on air. "What are you talking about?"

"When we were on the rapid ride. The way the sun hit her and her smile. She's beautiful." Hyukjae said as his eyes glistened. Sungmin smacked him in the back of the head with all his might.

"Ow!" Hyukjae wailed his voice echoing throughout the locker room. "What did-"

"Do you love Donghae?"

"Of course I lo-"

"Then shut up! Look, she's a beautiful girl, she's nice and she's wearing a bikini. You haven't been friends with a girl in a long time you just think you like her."

"You're probably right."

"Not probably. Am. I am right. Okay?" Sungmin said holding Hyukjae's face in his hands so he could stare in his eyes.

"Okay." Hyukjae nodded his head. "You're right." Hyukjae shook his head trying to rid himself from the crazy thoughts he was having.

"Yah, what about Hyelim?"

"What about her?"

"I think she likes you." Hyukjae said a wide grin plastered on his little stupid face. Sungmin plucked his forehead leaving  a red mark.

"Now I see why Donghae doesn't like you hanging out with girls. Let's go before I have to knock more sense into you."

Hyukjae chuckled while shaking his head before following Sungmin out of the locker room.

Sungmin and Hyukjae met up with the girls in front of the tube slides like they promised.

"What took you guys so long?" Hyelim asked.

"Oh Hyukjae hit his head and I wanted to make sure he was okay before we came back out."

Alice gasped when she noticed the red mark on Hyukjae's forehead. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Yeah, he's fine. This guy is one tough cookie. Right?" Sungmin said nudging Hyukjae to talk so he could reassure the girls.

"Y-Yeah tough as a stale cookie." Sungmin let out a sigh of embarrassment while the girls giggled.

As they started to move up in the line they noticed that the tubes were made for two instead of three like they thought.

"What are we going to do?" Hyelim asked taking the shape of an 'O' while she widened her eyes.

"I'll sit out."  Sungmin said.

"No! No Oppa you can't!" Hyelim whined.

"O-Okay. I'll stay." Sungmin said as Hyelim bounced on her toes in excitement.

"I'll just find someone to ride with me." Alice said in a nonchalant tone."

"How are you going to do that?" Kumi asked.

Alice just smirked and walked away into the crowded line. They were almost at the front of the line when Alice returned with her arm linked with a small faced boy with a nice body."

I found my partner!" Alice exclaimed as she smiled as she held his arm up as if we couldn't see him before.

"It would be a boy." Hyelim mumbled in Kumi's ear.

"Who's this?" Kumi asked gesturing toward the attractive person.

"I-I'm-"

"His name is Gikwang. He's my friend, we're the same age." Alice stated before the poor baby could finish his sentence. "Actually I'm older." She added.

"Tch, nine days." He mumbled. "Anyway, she kidnapped me."

"I didn't kidnap him! He had an uneven number of friends so I helped him out." Alice said as if she was doing him a favor.

As expected Hyelim sat with Sungmin so Kumi paired up with Hyukjae and Alice sat with Gikwang. After riding the tube slide. Gikwang hung out with Alice for a while before going back to his friends. It was getting late and they didn't wan t to eat and risk cramping up so they decided not to eat and get on more rides. After getting on a few more rides they decided to end the day by taking a dip in the wave pool.

"It's getting late." Sungmin said as he looked up at the pink - orange sky as the sun began to set.

"Well, let's go before the sun sets." Kumi said before she ran in the water and splashed around. Sungmin followed and of course Hyelim tailed behind him.

"Let's go Oppa!" Alice said grabbing Hyukjae's hand and dragging him into the water.

They played and had fun on the shallow end of the wave pool since Kumi couldn't swim. That was until someone picked Kumi up and threw her into the deeper end of the pool, which caused her to freak out and scream as she splashed and kicked around.

"Kumi!" Alice shouted before quickly swimming to where Kumi was but someone had already saved her.

Kumi coughed up water as Hyukjae carried her to a nearby folding chair.

"Are you all right?" Kumi coughed a few more times before she clung to Hyukjae and cried like a baby.

"I was so scared!" Hyukjae's body stiffened as she cried into his shoulder, he mustered up the courage to pat her back and tell her she was safe now. Hyelim looked at her friend crying and then at the culprit who looked just as shocked as they did.

"Yah!" Hyelim screamed before running full speed towards the tall male. She jumped on his back hitting and choking him.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!" One of the male's friends said as he ran over to try and get the furious girl off his back. With the help of Sungmin he was able to pry her off of his friend. Hyelim squirmed and kicked in Sungmin's grasp.

"Calm down!" Sungmin exclaimed.

"She can't swim you bastard! She could have died!" She yelled after she stopped trying to rip the dark haired male's head off.

"I know! And I think he knows too so just calm down." Hyelim pushed Sungmin off of her and went over to where Kumi and Hyukjae were. Sungmin sighed and focused his attention on the two males standing in the pool, one looked guilty and scared and the other looked confused.

"Who the hell are you?" Alice asked the round eyed dark haired boy as she wrung out her hair and put her shades back on.

"I- well I. I didn't know she couldn't swim." The big eyed male answered obviously intimidated by the victim's friends

"That's obvious."

"I'm terribly sorry my friend here has a thing for throwing pretty girls in the water. I'm sorry ." The purple haired male said before bowing ninety degree.

"I appreciate your apology but shouldn't he be the one apologizing?" Alice said with her arms crossed tilting her head in the tall man's direction. "Plus, I'm not the one you need to apologize to." She gestured towards her friend being consoled by Hyukjae as she had a mental breakdown.

"Doojoonie! What are you doing over here?" A little boy said as he ran towards them.

"We'll be there in a moment Yoseob-ah. Doojoon has to apologize to someone first." The purple haired guy said as he patted the guy who's name was apparently Doojoon on the shoulder.

"Her name is Kumi." Alice said before giving him a slight push in Kumi's direction. He took a deep breath before walking over to Kumi, Hyukjae and Hyelim to apologize.

"Uh." He rubbed the back of his head. "K-Kumi is it?"

"What the hell are you doing over here?" Hyelim spat.

Hyukjae turned around to look at the male behind him. "I don't think you two should right now." Hyukjae said standing up to face the jerk who threw his friend in the deep end.

"It's okay." Kumi sniffled and wiped her tears.

"Uh, I'm really really sorry. I didn't think you couldn't swim." Doojoon said trying not to give any eye contact.

"It's okay. How could you have known that I couldn't swim." Kumi said as she wiped her face again to be sure there were no more tears. She mustered up a small smile. "It's okay. You didn't know, but you should be careful not to scare someone else they may not be as nice as me."

"Thanks you for accepting my apology." Doojoon said as he bowed. Kumi bowed and got up to leave when she felt a stinging pain in her ankle. "AH!" Kumi shouted in pain as she quickly sat back down to examine her ankle.

"Are you okay?" Hyukjae said immediately crouching down to Kumi's side.

"I hurt my ankle." Kumi said as she touched her ankle and winced.

Hyelim quickly turned to look at Doojoon. She was about walk over to give him another beating when Sungmin grabbed her arm. She let out a sigh and just looked on as Doojoon apologized once more and kneeled down in front of Kumi.

"Get on." He said motioning for her to get on his back and Doojoon lifted her with ease as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Hold on tight." Doojoon said as he adjusted her on his back.

Kumi giggled as she held on tighter. "You don't have to carry me." Kumi said as he carried her towards the front of the water park.

"It's the least you could do." Hyelim spat as she and the rest of Kumi's friends followed.

Doojoon decided to ignore her blue haired friends comment. Since it was his fault her ankle was hurt

"Yah! What the hell? Were you going to leave us?" A doe eyed red haired boy exclaimed while pointing at Doojoon. "Oh, hello there." The pretty boy said.

"I-"

"He broke her foot!" Hyukjae said cutting Doojoon off.

"He threw her in the wave pool, but he didn't know she couldn't swim so now he's carrying her to her car because her ankle hurts." The purple haired boy said flatly.

"Oh! Alice~" Gikwang said while waving.

"Oh! Kwangie-ah!"

"Yah! We're the same age!"

"Yeah ,Yeah." Alice said linking her arm around his neck. "Yah." Alice said looking around at all the boys that she hadn't noticed before. "These are your friends?"

"Yeah, There's Doojoon, Junhyung, Yoseob Hyunseung, Dongwoonie and Cheolyongie." He answered pointing to each of them as he said their names.

"Oh~ That's why they looked familiar...Kwangie-ah! There's something on your back!" Alice exclaimed.

"What! Get it off! Get it off!" Gikwang yelled while reaching his arm back and smacking his back.

"I'll get it just lean down!"

"O-Okay." He said slowly leaning down so Alice could get whatever it was on his back off. Then he felt her hoist herself onto him.

"Yah! What are you doing?" He asked even though he instinctively held on to her legs.

"I didn't feel like walking anymore."

"Tch." Hyelim looked at them then glanced at Sungmin. "Sungmin Oppa~"

"No."

"Come on~"

"No."

Hyelim pouted and whined.

"I can give you a piggyback ride." The boy named Dongwoon said.

"I'll do it." Sungmin said stopping in front of her so she could hop on.

"Yay!" Hyelim exclaimed as she hopped on Sungmin's back.

Dongwoon chuckled. Hyukjae scoffed as he began to walk ahead of everyone else.