Cotton Candy

Selfish Love

"Babe, I have to go." Hyukjae said to Donghae who had his limbs securely wrapped around his body.

"Just a little while longer." Donghae said pulling Hyukjae closer to his body.

"I don't think I can get any closer to you." Hyukjae chuckled, he managed to untangle himself enough so that he could turn around and face Donghae.

"Is there something wrong?"

"I miss you. I thought we'd see each other more after I moved in but we still hardly see one another." Donghae said with his face pressed into Hyukjae's chest.

Hyukjae chuckled "Look at you, after begging you to live with me, you've become clingy."

"Shut up!" Donghae whined.

"We still see each other more than we used to."

Donghae sighed "I love you."

"I love you too baby, but I have to go." Hyukjae said as he got out of bed. Donghae pouted as he watched him get dressed.

"Do you work today?" Hyukjae asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to the studio later." Donghae said as he wallowed on the bed enjoying the fact that he didn't have to get out of bed yet.

"Are you going to meet me later to work on the choreography?"

"Yeah. I'll come by after I'm done recording."

Hyukjae kissed Donghae then left.

 

He was unlocking the dance studio when he got a call from Sungmin.

"Hello." Hyukjae answered, his voice echoing through the large empty room.

"What's with the message you left me about the girl from the mall and her friends."

"Like I said in the message I befriended the girl from the mall, Kumi and her two friends."

"O.kay, so?"

"Oh, I was just telling you, I-I'll talk to you later."

"Oh no, You're not hanging up yet, you obviously feel like you're doing something wrong since you called me."

Hyukjae sighed and made himself comfortable on the floor. "I don't know, Do you think I should tell him?"

"Why? Do you tell him about every friend you have? You still haven't told him about Jungsoo hyung, so why do you have to tell him now? Is it because the friend is a girl?" Sungmin interrogated.

"Well yeah, I have no female friends so I'm sure he will think it's strange that I befriended not one but three girl's. Plus he's always been kind of nervous because I never dated a guy before. Even though I pursued him, he's the only guy I've ever been attracted to."

"Yeah, yeah I know the story. He was so gorgeous and amazing you just had to have him, I was there remember."

"More like do you remember? You were so drunk, the only reason you remember anything is because I told you."

Sungmin rolled his eyes even though it was useless since Hyukjae couldn't see him. "Whatever. The point is, you don't have to tell him."

"Alright, I won't I don't think it's that important."

"What made you want to be her friend anyway? Is it because she's pretty?"

"Yeah and she smells like vanilla and her friends look like cotton candy."

Sungmin burst into laughter. "What?"

"It's true one who said her name was Alice, she has really blonde yellow hair and the other one, her hair is like a blue? green? mint green? I don't know but I wanted them to be my friends. Do you want to meet them?"

"Actually, I do. I want to see what the human cotton candy looks like."

"Alright come by the studio today, I'll see if I can get them to stop by."

"Okay."

After Sungmin agreed the two hung up and Hyukjae called Kumi.

"Hello~" Kumi answered sounding like she was in a good mood.

"Hey, This is Hyukjae." Hyukjae said a bit nervous.

"Oh, hi!" Kumi said in a cheerful tone.

"I was wondering if you and your friends could come to my studio."

"O-Oh, okay. We can come over, after our nails dry." Kumi said as she struggled to hold the phone between her shoulder and ear.

Hyukjae laughed. "Alright, I'll text you the directions. See you later."

After texting Kumi, Hyukjae started to put together some of the choreo for Donghae's new song in the meantime.

"Where's the cotton candy?" Sungmin exclaimed as he barged in startling Hyukjae.

"They aren't here yet. She said they'll come after their nails dry." Hyukjae chuckled. "It's been so long since I've hung out with girl's I forgot they do that type of stuff."

"It's ironic, out of all the girl groups you've worked with, you have no female friends." Sungmin said as he put a sympathetic hand on Hyukjae's shoulder.

Hyukjae shrugged his hand off. "That's because it's work. I teach them the dance then they leave and I don't talk to them again unless their company wants me to choreograph something else."

At that moment the girl's walked in.

"Hello~" Kumi said slowly walking in with Hyelim and Alice in tow.

"Hyukjae Oppa!" Alice exclaimed.

"Oh, you're here already?" Hyukjae replied getting up off the floor to greet them. Sungmin poked Hyukjae's side. "Oh, this is my friend Sungmin."

"Hello~ Girls" Sungmin said cutely as he waved.

"Awww!" The girls said in unison.

"He's so cute!" Hyelim said pinching his cheek.

"Thank you."

"You are very welcome." Hyelim said smiling brightly.

Kumi burst into laughter. "What the hell was that?" Kumi whispered. Hyukjae heard her and laughed to himself.

"Can you introduce yourselves?" Sungmin asked.

"I'm Yoo Kumi, the tan normal one."

"I remember you, you're still pretty." Sungmin said smiling.

"Thank you." Kumi blushed embarrassed to be complimented in front of everyone.

Sungmin then turned his attention to Hyelim and Alice. "And you two?"

"I'm Kim Hyelim, the y one with mint green hair."

"Cotton candy number one." Hyukjae whispered to Sungmin.

"I'm Alice, the blonde flirty one."

"Cotton candy number 2" Hyukjae whispered again.

"So, do you ladies feel like dancing today?" Hyukjae asked enthused.

"Yes!" Hyelim and Alice answered while Kumi stayed quiet.

"Oh, come on, it'll be fun!" Alice said grabbing Kumi's arm and leaning her head on Kumi's shoulder.

Kumi sighed. "Alright, I'll dance with you guys." Kumi didn't want to talk about how she was embarrassed to dance in front of Hyukjae and ruin his choreography.

After an hour and a half of Kumi ruining his choreography they decided to take a break. Hyelim and Alice where sitting with Sungmin while Kumi was sitting with her back against the giant out of breath.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Hyukjae asked crouching down next to her. Kumi slid over and gestured for him to sit down. He handed her a bottle of water.

"What made you want to dance?"

Kumi laughed. "I'm that bad?"

"Oh no, it's not that you're bad, I can tell you're not a dancer."

"My boyfriend is a dancer.".

"Ah~ I see, and you want to dance with him."

"Yeah, I think he'd be flattered knowing that I learned how to dance because of him."

"Wake up early tomorrow guys!" Sungmin announced yelling across the room.

"What?" Kumi and Hyukjae asked in unison.

"Yeah, we're going to a water park." Alice said delighted.

"I can't go." Hyukjae said getting up off the floor and dusting off the back of his pants.

"Why not?" Sungmin whined while pouting. "Come on, you know I've been wanting to go for the longest time but Kyu won't go with me. Please~ go with me." Sungmin begged holding onto Hyukjae's arm.

"Alright! I'll go."

"Yay~" Sungmin and the girls exclaimed in unison.

"Now that's settled, I have to go." Sungmin said before leaving.

"We're leaving too, thanks for everything." Kumi said before exiting with Hyelim and Alice.

After Hyukjae's friends left he worked on Donghae's choreography until he showed up.

"Hey Angel!" Donghae said as he entered the spacious studio.

"Hey babe." Hyukjae said smiling at his superstar lover.

"Have you been here all day?" Donghae asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry Angel, you've been stuck here all day because of me.'

"I-It's okay." Hyukjae wanted to tell him that he wasn't here by himself all day but he didn't know how to say it without making it seem like a big deal. He decided to leave it alone and start showing Donghae the dance steps.

After hours of practice they decided to call it quits and go home.

 

After the two showered and waited for the food they ordered to arrive they finally got a chance to talk.

"So, how was your day?" Donghae asked sitting at their dining table.

"It was fine, I hung out with Sungmin, this girl we met and her friends." Hyukjae said quickly before joining Donghae at the table.

"You hung out with girls?"

"And Sungmin."

"How many were there?"

"Huh?"

"You said there was a girl you met and her friends, how many?"

"T-Three."

Donghae let out a deep sigh.

"Why do you get so jealous whenever I bring up women?"

Donghae slammed his chopsticks on the table, looked up at Hyukjae and smiled a fake smile. "I'm going to bed."

Hyukjae let out a loud sigh of frustration and stormed after him. "Answer me!" He exclaimed.

"Hyukjae! I said I'm tired, let it go!"

"No! I won't let it go! Every time I talk about women you act like this, I'm not letting it go this time."

Donghae got in bed and pulled the covers over his head. Hyukjae snatched the covers off his body.

"Talk to me!"

"Ugh! Alright!" Donghae sat up abruptly. "I don't like you being close to women."

"That's pretty obvious. Why?"

Donghae curled his knees up to his face and rested his chin on top of one before he explained. "Your first love was a girl, your first date was with a girl, your first time was with a girl."

Hyukjae ran a hand through his hair tugging on it a bit before he sat next to Donghae. "Babe, I love you, No woman is going to change that. If I wanted to be with a woman, I would be with a woman."

"I'm sorry for being insecure." Donghae said looking up at Hyukjae feeling pitiful.