Kumi's Pregnant

Selfish Love

"What?" Kumi asked her eyebrows reaching for her hairline.

"You're pregnant." The doctor pushed her glasses up on the bridge of her nose and reached for the picture on the desk beside her. "You see? This small dot here is your baby." she said pointing at the dot with her pen.

When the doctor noticed the horrified look on Kumi's face she said, "If you do not wish to have the baby, you should quickly come to a decision so that you can take the necessary steps to terminate."

Kumi slowly looked up from the picture tears forming in her eyes, her hands shaking as she gently placed them on her stomach.

"T-Terminate?"

"However, if you do not wish to terminate you should see your regular doctor in two weeks. Try to stay away from salty foods and check your blood pressure regularly." Kumi nodded. "Would you like to keep the photo?" Kumi shook her head and wiped her tears,"No." she said firmly before standing up and thanking the doctor for her assistance.

Donghae  had been anxiously waiting outside the office. The second Kumi left the room Donghae asked, "So,are you pregnant?"

Kumi sighed,"Don't worry,I'm not keeping itso you can go be happy with Hyukjae then you won't have to worry about anything like this happening ever again.

"What? You're getting an abortion?" Donghae exclaimed in shock his eyes stretched as wide as they could stretch.

"Keep your voice down." Kumi whispered when some of the nearby doctors and nurses started to focus on them. Kumi walked around the corner and down the hall where there were less people. "Why are you so surprised? You love him not me, you said so yourself, so I'm going to get an abortion and you can go live with Hyukjae and pretend none of this ever happened." Kumi said taking in a shuddery breath and flashing a fake smile. "Now take me home." she began to walk away but Donghae grabbed her shoulder and turned her around to face him. "You don't mean any of that do you?"

Kumi let out a frustrated sigh "Of course I don't! But it doesn't matter what I want! You love him! You dumped me for him and you didn't give a damn what I thought then, now I'm pregnant, you care?"

"Of course I care, I love you."

Kumi rolled her teary eyes, "But you love him more." Kumi said glaring at him. Donghae just stayed silent. Kumi started to walk down the hall, Donghae followed her. "Look. I'm not saying it's going to be easy to not meet him but I can do it." Kumi stopped walking sudeenly causing Donghae to brace himself to keep from bumping into her.

"I don't want you to force yourself to be with me!" Kumi swiped her hair over her shoulder. "I don't know if you're understanding the situation. Donghae, I'm pregnant, with your child, but you love Hyukjae and as much as I hate to admit it I love you so much that I would have an abortion an leave you forever if that's what you want?"

Donghae looked like he was in deep thought before saying, "Let's get married ."

Kumi was caught off gaurd but she tried not to show it. "What about Hyukjae?" she said folding her arms over her chest.

"I'll break up with him." Donghae said firmly.

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying." Donghae's eyes began to water so he looked away.

Kumi let out an exasperated sigh, "I'm tired."

"I'll take you home."

 

Donghae took her to her dorm because she didn't want to see Hyelim or Alice. "Are you going to break up today?" Kumi asked looking dowm at the floor mat.

"I'm going after I leave here." He said blankly.

"If you don't call me or come to see me before tomorrow morning, I'm going to make an appointment for the abortion. I'm not trying to force you to be with me, I'm just telling you what's going to happen. I'm not going to be a single mother, not only that but my parents..." Kumi got choked up and started to sob uncontrollably. Donghae reached over and pulled her into a hug rubbing her back. "It's not supposed to be like this. We were supposed to be happily married and then after a year of newlywed bliss we find out I'm pregnant together and we get excited and tell our parents together, It's not supposed to be like this!" Kumi exclaimed as she punched Donghae in the chest.

He let go of her. "Calm down, I don't want your blood pressure to go up again."

"I don't want you to do anything to make my blood pressure to go up again!"

"I won't, I promise, so just calm down."

"I can't calm down when my boyfriend is leaving me alone to possibly break up with his boyfriend!"

"I'm sorry I'm putting you through all of this." He said as he ran his fingers through the ends of her hair. She slapped his hand away and got out of the car, she didn't even look back at him before going inside.

 

Kumi was relieved that her roommate wasn't there, she's sure she would have been bombarded with questions (considering how long it's been since she's been there.) that she did not feel like answering at the moment, or ever. She started to wail loudly as she sat on the couch clenching a throw pillow. She couldn't believe what was happening, they'd used a , she didn't feel sick and she wasn't showing. She cried harder, she held the pillow over trying to muffle her cries just in case she could be heard outside the room. She cried until hurt and even then the tears continue to pour. She'd fallen asleep on the couch clutching the pillow, however she was awakened by the sound of the door being unlocked. She gasped as she swiftly hopped off the couch and ran in her room shutting the door behind her. She looked at her clock, it was noon. She was about to lock her door when she heard Donghae's voice.

"Kumi?" He called.

She didn't say anything since she knew he'd go directly to her room so she just sat on her bed and waited. "Kumi?" He said as he walked in. He paused and stared at her for a second.

"You don't look to good either." She said noticing his puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. He scoffed, "Let's go. I think you should  stay with me, it will be easier on both of us. At least until you tell your parents." He said as he pulled her suitcase out from under her bed and opened her closet. "You can just fill this suitcase with your clothes and I can come back and get the rest of your things later."

"I can get my own things. I don't want you to get caught coming here."

Donghae furrowed his eyebrows. "You've never worried about me getting caught before."

"I've never been embarrassed to be with you before."

Donghae didn't say anything and quietly stuffed clothes in her suitcase.

"What about school?" Kumi asked from her spot on her bed.

"You're not going to be able to go full time anyway and we both know you've never taken school seriously, you just do it because that's what your parents want."

Kumi sighed because he was right. "Did you break up with Hyukjae?"

"I wouldn't have come here if I didn't."

"So-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Kumi rolled her eyes and got off the bed snatching open her top dresser drawer and throwing her bras and underwear in the suitcase. She threw in a few of her favorite pairs of shoes and t-shirts and zipped it up. "Come on, I want to get out of here just in case my roommate comes back." She said handing Donghae her suitcase and walking ahead of him.

 

"Are you sleepy?" Donghae asked as they entered his apartment. Kumi shook her head. "Are you hungry?"

"No."

"Did you eat today?" She shook her head. Donghae sighed as he rolled up his sleeves and went into the kitchen.

 

Donghae sat the bowl of kimchi stew on the table in front of her. Kumi sipped the stew and her eyebrows shot up. "This is good."

"Did you think that it wouldn't be?" Donghae asked as he sat down with his own bowl.

"Well your cooking wasn't always this good." Kumi said then fell open like she'd just had an ephiphany.

"What?" Donghae asked concerned.

"Did Hyukjae teach you?" Kumi asked with a stern look on her face.

Donghae sighed and rolled his eyes, "Why are you bringing Hyukjae into this?"

"You didn't use to cook this well." She said glaring.

"How are we supposed to move on if you keep bringing up my ex-boyfriend?"

Kumi jumped out of her seat so fast the chair fell. "Do you hear how crazy that sounds?" She exclaimed. "My boyfriend has a ex-boyfriend!"

Donghae ran his hands through his hair. "What do you want me to do? I broke up with him!" He exclaimed, Donghae closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, swallowing thickly trying to calm down before speaking again. He slowly opened his eyes, "How are we going to move on if you constantly do stuff like this?"

"Why are you acting like so much time has passed? You looked me in the eye last night with your hands linked with Hyukjae's and said: "I love him, I can't live without him." Kumi sat back down and Donghae stood up ready to leave the table when she reached up and grabbed his forearm. "Just talk to me." Kumi said desperately. He sat back down.

"It's obvious Hyukjae knows more about all of this than I do. I just want to know when did it start, why did it start? I understand Hyukjae loves you but I love you too." Kumi's eyes began to tear up as she squeezed Donghae's hand. "Just tell me something. Please."

Donghae nodded before speaking up. He told her everything. He told her how he met Hyukjae, how he felt after meeting Hyukjae, when he started dating him while still with her and how he felt like a piece of him was dying every time he cheated but he loved both her and Hyukjae so much that he continued to do it, because he only felt whole with both of them in his life. He went on to tell her about his fear and jealousy when she told him she'd kissed Hyukjae, how Hyukjae confronted him about her and that he then realized how much he was hurting the both of them, so he needed to make a choice. He told her how his decision would change every time he saw one of them, he told her he tried to dump her but they ended up having . Then about Hyukjae and Sungmin randomly coming to his house and everything that happened that day.

Kumi just sat quietly and listened to him, Donghae was kind of nervous because he had no idea what she was thinking. "So you made a rash decision and chose Hyukjae because you couldn't stand to see him leave?" Donghae nodded hesitantly.

"But you practically threw me out!" Donghae rubbed his forehead like he was getting a headache, "What are you talking about?"

"If I had not passed out, you would have kicked me out of your house and never looked back!" Kumi exclaimed her nostrils flaring as she breathed heavily.

Donghae slowly stood and said, "I don't know what you want from me. I can't go back in time and change anything, I can only..." He paused. "We can only move forward from now on." He picked up his bowl and went into the kitchen.

Kumi quietly ate her food while Donghae washed his dish. After he was finished he stopped at the dining table looking down at Kumi.

"Tomorrow I'm telling my CEO about you and our engagement so you probably shouldn't wait too long to tell your parents. Especially if you want to be the one to tell them" He said before sauntering off to his bedroom.

Kumi didn't join him until around nine o'clock and by midnight she was fast asleep. Donghae took that chance to go see Siwon, he hoped she wouldn't wake up and notice his absence. She would surely assume he was with Hyukjae.

 

"Who is it?" Siwon asked on the other side of the door. Donghae didn't say anything. Siwon sighed as he unlocked the door, "Why don't you ever call?" Siwon asked opening his door.

"Because Kumi will wake up if she hears me on the phone and once I'm in the car I'm on my way so it doesn't make sense." Donghae said patting Siwon's cheek as he walked in. Siwon looked confused. He shut the door and turned around holding his hand up. "Hold on, when I left your house you were leaving Kumi for Hyukjae so how would she hear you on the phone?"

Donghae flopped down on a chair with a huff, putting his feet up on the ottoman in front of him and tells the story about Kumi passing out and everything that happened after.

Siwon's jaw dropped, "Are you serious?"

 Donghae looked at him blankly. "Yeah, because I would joke about something like this." Siwon burst into laughter throwing his head back. Donghae was appalled, "Why are you laughing?"

"I'm sorry but this is just so ridiculous. You finally make up your mind and Kumi gets pregnant. I told you to stop sleeping with them." Siwon said shaking his head.

"I don't want to hear that right now." Donghae said massaging his temples. "Later today I'm telling my CEO about all of this."

"Wait all of this ?" Siwon asked his eyes almost popping out of his skull.

"Oh no, not everything, the Kumi pregnancy and engagement part." Donghae said as if he was stating the obvious.

"Oh you scared me." Siwon said clutching his chest. There was a moment of silence before Siwon spoke again. "So you're really going through with this? The marriage I mean."

Donghae nodded, "I love her and it's the right thing to do."

"And Hyukjae? Will you really be able to not meet him?"

"I'm gonna have to." Donghae said before yawning and stretching. "I'll talk to you later, I need to get back before Kumi wakes up."

Siwon walked him to the door and before Donghae was all the way out the door, "Hey!" Siwon said grabbing his shoulder. "Congratulations!"

"Thanks." Donghae said half smiling before leaving.

 

On the way home Donghae thought about driving by Hyukjae's but decided not to.