Last Hurrah Part 2

Selfish Love

"Wake Up!" Sungmin yelled banging a spoon against a pan as he walked around the house. "It's lovely day! Don't waste it!"

Nothing.

"Ugh! These sleepy heads. I made breakfast! It's getting cold!"

Hyukjae ran from the bedroom and took a seat at the dining table directly in front of the food. The girl's came down one by one.

"I made rolled eggs and pancakes." Sungmin said as he helped himself to the pile of food.

"Did everyone sleep well?" Hyukjae asked looking at Kumi.

"Yeah, she slept well. Didn't you Kumi?" Hyelim said while cutting her pancakes.

Hyukjae choked on his food while Kumi put her head down trying to hide her blush. "Hyelim-ah, stop messing with Hyukjae before he has a heart attack." Sungmin said as he patted Hyukjae's back. Hyelim pouted, "Okay Oppa."

"So what do you guys want to do today?" Sungmin asked. Hyukjae faked a gasp, "You're actually asking us?" Sungmin laughed loudly. "You're right. Let's go to the beach!" Hyukjae sighed and shook his head. After breakfast they got all cleaned up and headed to the beach.

 

"Ahhh~, The weather is so nice today!" Kumi exclaimed as she stretched and closed her eyes letting the sun hit her face.

"Yah." Alice said as she pulled the belt loop on Kumi's shorts dragging her back with the rest of the group.

"Whattt~?" Kumi whined.

Hyukjae's bottom jaw fell when he heard Kumi whine. Sungmin just held his hand under Hyukjae's chin until he came back to his senses and remembered how to shut his mouth on his own.

"You need to put sunblock on first." Alice said handing her one of the bottles of sunblock. Kumi her teeth and took the bottle.

"Sungmin Oppa, Do you need help? I can get your back." Hyelim said as she rubbed the lotion between her hands.

"Uh,sure." Sungmin responded before turning around so she could rub down his back. He could hear Hyukjae snicker,"Shut up." Sungmin snapped.

"Did you say something Oppa?"

"No." Sungmin replied which got another snicker from Hyukjae.

After Kumi was all lotioned she ran off doing a cartwheel in the open space, the girl's chasing after her making sure she doesn't hurt herself.

"Was Kumi always this cute?" Hyukjae asked. Sungmin shook his head and patted his hopeless friend's back before following the girl's.

They played around in the sand and water for awhile until Kumi ran into some friendly girl's that let them use their net and volleyball. They played a few games of volleyball until they were exhausted and had sand in places where there should never be sand, so they went back to the house to shower and change because Sungmin wanted to go drinking.

"We've been hanging out all summer and never once drank together." Sungmin said as he drove, swiveling his neck, searching for the bar Kyuhyun took him to before.

"That's probably because you're not a good drinker." Hyukjae said. Sungmin scoffed, "What are you talking about? I'm a great drinker!"

"Sure you are." Hyukjae said his tone leaking sarcasm. "You probably just don't remember." Sungmin mumbled as he parked.

They entered the bar that was way overcrowded but they managed to find a round table near the back. A waiter arrived and asked if they wanted to order anything.

"Yes, chicken wings  please." Alice said quickly. Everyone turned to look at her. "What? I'm hungry." She said before shrugging her shoulders.

"What do you guys want?" I'm going to get the drinks." Sungmin said as he got up from the table.

"Beer." Alice said. "Me too." Hyelim responded. "Anything but beer is fine with me." Kumi said.

"Ohhh~!" The group chorused loudly. Kumi's eyebrows flew up her skull. "What? Shut up! I just think beer is gross."

Sungmin left and the waiter returned with Alice's chicken wings, a bottle of champagne and a bottle of something clear. "I'm sorry but I only ordered the chicken." Alice said taking the chicken and waving her hand at the bottles.

He sat the bottles down in the middle of the table. "These are from the gentlemen over there." He said pointing to the bar where two guys waved and one winked at the girls.

"Oh no we don't need-" Hyelim cut Alice off. "Thank you!" Hyelim shouted over the crowd of people who suddenly got louder and more excited over the game on the TV screens. The waiter nodded and left. Hyelim waved back at the men at the bar.

"I'm back! Kumi I got you a vodka martini, and a round of shots because I ran into the waiter and-" Sungmin stopped and looked around. "Yah! I'm over here!" Sungmin yelled towards the bar. The waiter looked up and smiled and walked towards the table. "I'm sorry," he chuckled "I got a little lost." He said as he sat the tray of drinks down. "Enjoy, and if there's anything else you need just let me know."

"Leave it to you to befriend the waiter." Hyukjae said as he took his drink from the tray.

"What? Now I don't have to keep getting up." Hyukjae raised his eyebrow, "How much are you planning to drink?" Sungmin scoffed. "Wouldn't you like to know?" Sungmin picked up one of the shots off the tray, "Let's drink!" He exclaimed while holding up the small glass and knocked it back. Hyukjae shook his head and held up his shot glass, the girl's mimicked his movements also downing their shots.

 

An hour and a half later Hyukjae was helping Sungmin go to the bathroom while the girls sat at the table waiting for them to return.

"Kumi! Stop it!" Hyelim exclaimed trying to get the glasses out of her hands. There were a few drinks left on the table and Kumi was pouring s into her glass of gin. "No~. Alcohol. Is expensive~. Don't waste it." "No. No more for you." Hyelim snatched the glass out of her hand.

"Oh come on, let her drink it." Alice said taking the glass from Hyelim and handing it back to Kumi. She couldn't help it, Kumi amused her.

Hyelim sighed as Kumi gulped down the concoction. "Oh!" Kumi exclaimed reaching almost crawling across the table trying to get her hands on the bright red jello shot. "Ugh!" Hyelim growled in frustration, she quickly took the shot and downed it before Kumi died of alcohol poisoning. "There! You see?" There is nothing left!" Hyelim yelled. "I think I'm going to be sick." she mumbled rubbing her stomach.

"Come on! Let's, let's we're, we're...I'm driving!" Sungmin exclaimed when he returned from the bathroom. "Oh no you're not." Hyukjae said taking the keys from him. "But we...how are we going to get home~~." Sungmin whined trying to take the keys back. "Let's go," Hyukjae said waving his hand for the girl's who were still seated to follow him. "we're walking." "B-but" Sungmin stuttered. "Come on." Hyukjae grabbed Sungmin's arm and lead him out the door.

"It feels so nice out here!" Sungmin exclaimed stretching his arms toward the sky. Sungmin sighed heavily. "Look at the stars! So preee!" "Yeah very pree, let's go hyung." "Hyukkie! You can't see stars like this in Seouuuullll." "Yeah I know hyung. Let's just. Just. Could you at least try to help me out here? If you would move your feet a little that make a big difference!" Hyukjae sighed in frustration rubbing at his temples.

"I could help walk Sungmin Oppa, if he's annoying you?" Hyelim said grabbing one of Sungmin's arms.

"Take him." Hyukjae said backing away from his intoxicated friend slowly. He was startled when Kumi burst into laughter . "Hyelim just wants to Sungmin Oppa's lips." Kumi blurted hardly understandable.

"Kumi!" Hyelim exclaimed glaring at Kumi with a deep red blush tainting her cheeks.

Kumi was laughing again holding her stomach when she stumbled on a crack in the sidewalk. Hyukjae rushed to grab her. "Be careful!" "Thank you." Kumi giggled. Hyukjae turned around to look at Alice who was walking behind them. "That's your problem now. I have a headache." Alice said before walking ahead of everyone holding her forehead. Hyukjae just stared after her in disbelief. "Y-Yah Alice!" "Oppa~!" "Yes Kumi?" "Your hand tickles~." she giggled pointing to his hand that was securely wrapped around her waist. "Oh! I-I'm sorry!" Hyukjae said practically jumping away from her, Kumi laughed.

After a long (longer than need be) walk home Hyelim returned Sungmin to Hyukjae so he could walk him  to their bedroom and Hyukjae returned Kumi to Hyelim. Alice had already taken an ibuprofen and went to bed.

"Goodnight Sungmin Oppa." Hyelim said before Sungmin wrapped his arms around her neck and clung to her. "Hmmm, Goodnight pretty lady~." he practically moaned in her ear. Hyelim blushed. "Okay, that's enough you cheater." Hyukjae said yanking Sungmin off Hyelim's neck. "Goodnight Oppa!" Kumi exclaimed as she started up the steps. "Okay Goodnight Kumi-ah! Kumi and Hyelim finally made it up after Kumi fell twice and tripped on her way to her room.

 

It was two thirty in the morning when Kumi woke up to use the bathroom after she felt extremely thirsty so she tip toed downstairs and into the kitchen. She was standing in front of the refrigerator deciphering between juice or water when Hyukjae startled her. "You got thirsty too huh?"

Kumi jumped at the sound of his voice. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He said patting her shoulder.

"It's okay." Kumi said passing him a bottle of water. Hyukjae pulled out a seat for Kumi and sat at the other side of the small table .

"Ummm, sorry." Kumi said running her fingers through the ends of her hair.

Hyukjae raised his eyebrows as he drank his water. "For what?"

"I feel like I said some weird things." she said still fiddling with her hair not wanting to look up.

Hyukjae chuckled. "No you didn't say anything weird." He twisted the cap on his water bottle. "I should be the one apologizing."

"Why?" Kumi asked confused.

"We shouldn't have interrogated you like that."

"Oh. It's okay. I guess you would be curious or suspicious." Kumi said as she looked around the room, it was way to awkward, it was suffocating.

Hyukjae began to smirk. "What?" Kumi asked. "What weird things do you think you said?" Hyukjae asked with a mischievous look on his face.

Kumi stretched her eyes. "Nothing! I just thought. Thought I'd said something but you just said I didn't so.." Kumi trailed off, glaring at Hyukjae she could tell he was messing with her. "Tch, you wish."

Hyukjae nodded as he unscrewed the cap off his water and took a sip. "I do." "You do what?" Kumi asked a bit taken aback. "Wish you were thinking about me."

Kumi shook her head as she chuckled, "The alcohol must still be affecting you." She said as she got up about to leave the room when he grabbed her arm.

"Can you at least tell me if you're attracted to me at all?" Hyukjae stood up and put his hands on Kumi's shoulders. Kumi looked up at his eyes that glistened with the moonlight hitting them, they looked so desperate. "Yes, I am attracted to you and I do like you but I know I can't act on these feelings so, I try to keep a distance." She said looking down at the floor. Hyukjae closed his eyes, furrowed his brows and took a deep breath. " I'm sorry." "Sorry for wha-"

He kissed her.

He tilted her chin and pressed his lips against hers, her soft, plump, beautiful lips were touching his and the entire time his conscious was screaming at him "How could you do this to him?, This is why he doesn't trust you!" But his feelings told his conscious to take a rain check because his knees felt weak, his lips were numb and it felt way too good for him to stop now, so he put his hand on her tiny little face and brushed his thumb against her bottom lip. He was a bit surprised when she granted him access to her hot mouth that  tasted of pure alcohol, he felt like he was getting drunk all over again. He knew he would feel the guilt and consequences later but right now, he was going to enjoy this.

This was too weird, everything was the same.The way his thumb brushed her bottom lip, the way he tilted his head to the left, when he got into it how he ran his hand through her hair, the way he nibbled he bottom lip and the small moany sounds he made that was so obvious he was trying to hold back. Though it all felt the same the lips were different and she kind of wanted it to last forever so she wouldn't have to think about anything but how good this moment feels, but they needed to breathe.

When Hyukjae finally pulled away both their chests were heaving, lungs burning from lack of air and lips swollen. They stared at each other for awhile. Kumi looking up into his shiny, worried eyes, cheeks pink and rosey, lips parted and swollen as his breathing slowly returned to normal. Hyukjae staring down at Kumi's big round eyes full of guilt and something he can't quite recognize, her round cheeks a light pink, her lips also parted and swollen. He looked down and noticed her hands were shaking, he felt horrible but he knew he would before he kissed her, which is why he apologized. Although she wouldn't know the apology wasn't only for her but Donghae too. Hyukjae grabbed his water off the table and left the room.

Kumi quickly fled the kitchen leaving her water behind. She didn't look up until she reached her room. For awhile she just sat at the edge of the bed until her hands stopped shaking, she'd messed up. Bad. Really bad. This was a mess.