Last Hurrah Part 1

Selfish Love

"Wow! Oppa, this is your house?" Hyelim said as she walked up the steps and into the house. Alice gasped "This is beautiful!" she exclaimed when entering.

"Oh yeah just look at the house, I don't need help carrying these bags or anything!" Hyukjae said as he struggled with the bags.

"You're doing fine. Oh! Be careful with my stuff though." Sungmin says gesturing towards Hyukjae and his bags with his other hand on his hip. Hyukjae stumbled into the house dragging two suitcases and three backpacks. As soon as he was in the living room he dropped the luggage right where he stood and flopped down on the couch.

"Yah!" Sungmin exclaimed. Hyukjae smirked. "You should have carried your own stuff." Sungmin scoffed.

"Sungmin Oppa! Where are our rooms?" Kumi asked entering the house, the only one carrying her own bags.

"Hmmm." Sungmin hummed tapping his index finger against his chin. "One of you can stay in the guest room and the other two can stay in the master bedroom." 

"Okay!" Kumi chirped as she began to lug her bags up the stairs. Hyukjae quickly hopped off the couch and jumped up the stairs to assist her. "You don't have to-"  "Don't stop him! Let him make himself useful. He wouldn't drive us here the least he could do is carry your bags." Sungmin said cutting Kumi off. Hyukjae his teeth and continued carrying her things. "And while you're at it, take Alice and Hyelim's too!" Sungmin yelled after him.

After lugging Kumi and both Alice and Hyelim's bags upstairs Hyukjae collapsed on the bottom bunk in the medium sized bedroom. In the end Sungmin decided it would be best to go Friday night and leave Sunday night. Just then Sungmin entered the room with a glass of ice tea in hand.

Hyukjae looked up from his lying position. "Where'd you get tea?"

"I just made it." Sungmin said after taking a noisy sip and smacking his lips.

Hyukjae rolled over and sat up on the bed. "I busted my hauling bags that aren't even mine up stairs and you were making iced tea!"

Sungmin frowned as he stirred his straw around the glass enjoying the sound of the ice cubes clanking together. "Making iced tea is not as easy as you think!" he pouted.

 

They were getting settled into their rooms when Sungmin got hungry and started bugging them to get some food. They ended up going to a Chinese restaurant that wasn't far from the house. It was quiet at the table for awhile until Sungmin spoke up. "So, Kumi how's your boyfriend?"

Kumi seemed a little put off by the sudden mention of her boyfriend. "He's okay." She said with a smile. Hyelim's eyes shifted from Hyukjae to Kumi, she couldn't help being a little suspicious. It got quiet again until their food arrived.

"Why don't you talk about him?" Hyukjae asked out of the blue never looking up from his plate.

Kumi took a sip from her glass. "Why are you two so interested in my boyfriend all of a sudden?"

"Umm three, I'm a bit interested as well." Alice said with her hand extended like a student in class.

Hyelim cleared and chuckled lightly. "Come on guys, what's with this atmosphere, huh?" She said before giving Sungmin who was seated beside her a small nudge.

He glanced at her and back at Kumi. "We just wanted to know. Do you even have boyfriend?"

Alice gasped. "That would explain why I haven't met him!"

"No, Why would I l-"

"I met him!" Hyelim blurted out. "Y-Yeah, when her ankle was hurt I came over and met him." Kumi glared at her but she mouthed "what?" and went back to eating.

Kumi sighed. "I don't know why I don't talk about him around you guys. It's kind of weird I guess. Hyelim doesn't have a boyfriend, Alice doesn't say much about the guy she's dating, and you two don't say whether you have girlfriends or not. It just feels weird to talk about him by myself."

"Well, you guys ready to go?" Hyelim asked as she rose from her seat.

 

"That was kind of weird." Kumi said as she made herself comfortable on the bed Alice and Hyelim shared temporarily.

"No, that was very weird." Hyelim looked around first and whispered, "Do you think they know about, You know?" Kumi shrugged. "I don't know but I think I should tell Alice. I feel bad not telling her and I mean who is she going to tell?" "True, lately it seems like she's either with us or that plump lipped boy." Kumi nodded. "So it's decided. We're going to tell her." Hyelim shook her head. "It's your secret to tell."

"What were you two talking about all huddled together like that?" Alice asked as she returned from the bathroom.

"You." Hyelim answered before getting up and sitting in the chair in the corner of the room.

Alice pouted, "What did I do?"

"Nothing, come here." Kumi said patting the spot next to her.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked as she sat down.

"We-, I mean I have been keeping a secret from you."

"Okay~, how big a secret?" she gasped. "You really don't have a boyfriend do you?"

"No, I do have a boyfriend." Kumi gulped and took in a deep breath. "He's...Donghae."

Alice chuckled, "Yeah right."

Kumi grabbed her phone and tapped a few buttons on the screen before handing it to Alice. "I'm not lying." Alice flipped through the pictures with gaped open, then she turned to Hyelim. "You knew?" Hyelim nodded. She then turned back to Kumi "Why didn't you tell me?" Kumi sighed, she could tell Alice was hurt. She opened , but Hyelim beat her to it. "Actually, I told her not to tell you." "Why?" 'Well you're not exactly the best at keeping secrets Unni." "What? I'm great at keeping secrets!" "Oh yeah? What about that time in high school?" "Oh my God, you're still holding that over my head?" "Yes! That was till this day the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me!" "I said I was sorry!"

"Woah! What's all of this about?" Kumi was shocked she'd never seen them raise their voices let alone at each other.

"Hyelim is just upset that I told her crush that she liked him in high school." Hyelim huffed and crossed her arms over her chest." I honestly thought I was helping her out. She'd been crushing on the guy for a whole year, so even though she told me not to, I told him. Who knew that he had a psychotic girlfriend that would make her life hell just for crushing on the guy?"

"I did! That's why I told you to keep you mouth shut!"

Alice sighed. "Well it's not like I can go back in time and fix it. besides this is completely different from some silly high school crush."

Hyelim nodded "That's true."

"But why don't you tell Hyukjae? I'm sue you can trust him and he knows Donghae."

Kumi sighed and stretched her legs out on the bed. "That's a different story." Alice looked at Kumi expectantly. Kumi yawned and stretched. "Well, I'm tired. Talk to you guys tomorrow, goodnight." She said before leaving the room and going down the hall to the small room with nothing in it but a twin bed and her things.

 

"I'm gonna tell them." Sungmin said as he climbed on the top bunk.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I felt bad interrogating Kumi like that when she doesn't even know the truth about me."

"So you're going to tell her your 'girlfriend' is a guy?"

"I have to. Did you see Hyelim's face when Kumi mentioned girlfriends? It's getting a bit obvious that she likes me now and I'm not going to lie, I did enjoy the attention but I don't want her to get her feelings hurt. But I am going to wait until our last day, I don't want things to get awkward."

Hyukjae sighed. "This is going to be one quiet ride home." Hyukjae said before turning off the light and crawling into the bottom bunk.