TALKING

Selfish Love

"Come on! It'll be our last hurrah of the summer!" Sungmin yelled into his phone.

He'd come over to Hyukjae's house because he was bored and Kyuhyun was on a business trip. The girl's were on the phone and Hyukjae was watching TV trying to drown out the noise.

"Hey!" Hyukjae exclaimed.

"What?" Sungmin asked covering the receiver with his hand as he spoke.

"Shut up." Sungmin's face fell into a pout. Hyukjae chuckled.

Sungmin went back to his conversation. "Yeah, I'm still here...Oh?...why doesn't she want to go? Is her ankle still hurt?...No? Then why not?...Oh~ her boyfriend." Hyukjae's ears perked up though he tried to look uninterested. "Is she there?...Yeah. Kumi-yah, come on~ hmm? It's the last time it will be this warm. We can go to the beach. We can do whatever we want. Two days, Saturday, Sunday and we'll come back Monday. You said your boyfriend's been busy a lot lately anyway. So...is that a yes? Alright then we'll see you Saturday." Sungmin ended the call with a goofy grin on his face.

Hyukjae looked at his goofy face and sighed. "Where are we going?" "The country, we're coming back Monday morning." "I like how you don't even consult with me anymore." "Please, you know you want to see your little crush whenever you can." Hyukjae's cheeks turned a pale pink and he suddenly felt hot. "What crush?" Sungmin raised an eyebrow. "Uh-huh, Donghae's gonna cut your balls off. He may even chop Kumi's s off if he finds out." "Even is he finds out, I did nothing wrong." Sungmin nodded in agreement. "But, you are lying to him." "Because he's ridiculous."

Hyukjae paused and roughly ran his hand through his hair sighing deeply as he did so. "I understand  how he feels about me and my history with women but come. on. Sometimes he's a little too dramatic."

"Well, what do you expect? You're the first guy he's ever slept with, so it's like being his first love."

"But I'm not. Just like I did he fell in love with a woman or at least thought he loved her. I hate that he acts like I'm the only one who's ever loved a woman."

Sungmin looked around. "Where is he anyway?"

Hyukjae went to the fridge to get some ice cream. "Want some?" Sungmin nodded. "There's cookie dough, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry." Sungmin tilted his head. "Hmmm, cookie dough." Hyukjae grabbed two spoons and returned with one pint of cookie dough ice cream and another pint of strawberry. Hyukjae sat down and stuffed a big spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. "Donghae is out of the country for a fanmeeting them he's going straight to a recording, I don't even know if it's for a music show or a variety show." "When is he coming back?" Hyukjae shrugged. "Probably late tomorrow."

"So...what happened with the girl?" Sungmin asked. Though it seemed like Hyukjae told Sungmin everything, he didn't know about this.

"I don't know her name, he never told me, and that kind of bothers me. They lost their ity to each other." Hyukjae paused and frowned.

"If it's a painful memory you don't have to continue." Sungmin said as he waved his hands back and forth.

Hyukjae smiled a small smile and shook his head. "No, it's not painful. Just, I just realized how mysterious Donghae is. Though there are a lot of things I know about him, it's the little things that I don't know that bothers me." Hyukjae swallowed thickly. "Anyway, they met in high school. She was his first love but they broke up a year after his debut. He said she couldn't handle his schedule." Hyukjae took another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth and squinted his eyes in thought. "Then there's the girl he said stopped time when he saw her, but he didn't tell me much about her. Again he didn't tell me her name. All I know is they loved each other and he was her first, and I only know that because I asked if they had . If I didn't ask I wonder if he would have told me." Hyukjae said before he started scrapping  the bottom of his ice cream container.

"Did you just eat all of that?" Sungmin asked pointing a finger in his direction.

Hyukjae stopped scrapping and looked up. "What? You didn't?"

Sungmin laughed. "No, I had enough and put it back in the freezer a while back. You didn't notice?" Hyukjae shook his head and threw the container away.

"So when are we going to the country?" Hyukjae asked.

"This weekend. Alice and Hyelim are coming, I had to talk Kumi into coming."

"Yeah, I heard. What's the problem?"

"Her boyfriend has been busy with work a lot lately and she doesn't know when he'll be home, so she wants to be there when he comes back. But wouldn't it be better if she comes with us, get her mind off things and then go back to him with a clear mind?" Sungmin asked rhetorically.

"What does her boyfriend do?"

"I don't know. You know, she doesn't talk about him much."

"Probably because he's never around."

Sungmin chortled. "What?" Hyukjae asked. "I just thought, her situation sounds a lot like yours." "No it doesn't." Sungmin's eyebrows shot up his skull. "Think about it. Your boyfriend is always busy and never home, her boyfriend is busy and never home." "Yeah, but it's not always like that." Sungmin just shrugged. "At least you know Kumi has a boyfriend." "What? What are you trying to say?" Hyukjae asked taking offense though he wasn't sure why. "I'll tell Kumi when you tell the girl's you have a boyfriend. Plus, she's taken so what difference does it make if I tell her or not?" Sungmin smirked and shifted in his seat. "So, if she didn't have a boyfriend?..." Sungmin waited for Hyukjae's answer with a smug look plastered on his face. "I have Donghae." "And if Donghae wasn't around?" Hyukjae scratched the back of his head and huffed. "Then yes, I would...date her." Sungmin gasped. "You don't say!" Hyukjae threw a pillow at his fake surprised face. "But I'm happy with Donghae so..." "So...what?" Sungmin asked his eyes following Hyukjae as he got up from the couch. "So, shut up." Sungmin cackled.

"I'm spending the night." Sungmin announced. "Are you asking me or telling me?" "Telling you." "You're lucky I'm a nice person or I'd send you back to your big empty apartment with the ghosts." Sungmin widened his eyes "Yah! That"s not funny! There really are ghosts in that apartment! They come out when Kyuhyunnie isn't there!" Hyukjae scoffed, "Yeah, and it's not the fact that you're scared to be home alone." Sungmin stuck his tongue out at Hyukjae mainly because he didn't have a come back and because he was right.