Last Hurrah Part 3

Selfish Love

"Wake up sleepy heads! I made hangover soup!" Kumi heard Sungmin yell as he walked past her door and back down the hall, her head was pounding and that racket wasn't making it any better so she stretched her legs over the side of the bed and got up. Before going downstairs she took something for her headache, she slowly made her way downstairs.

"Good Morning." Sungmin said in a tone that was way too loud and chipper. "Good Morning." Kumi mumbled back, she rubbed her eyes as she sauntered over to the dining table with everyone else.

"Who left that water on the table?" Sungmin asked trying to make eye contact with everyone at the table. Kumi swallowed thickly, she'd completely forgotten about the occurrence that happened last night. "I did. I got thirsty last night, I'm sorry I left it there." she shifted uncomfortably in her seat before quickly glancing up at Hyukjae.

"Oh, it's okay. I thought it was Hyukjae since he's usually puttering around when he can't sleep." Sungmin said before slurping his soup. Hyukjae chuckled awkwardly.

Alice pointed her her spoon back and forth from Hyukjae to Kumi. "What's up with you two?" "What? Nothing's up." Kumi said way too quickly and Hyukjae didn't even acknowledge the question. Hyelim squinted her eyes, she was going to  say something but Sungmin beat her to it.

"So, what do you guys want to do today?" Sungmin asked trying to clear the air. "I don't know but it's got to be something mellow. My head is killing me." Hyelim said as she rubbed her forehead. Alice nodded her head in agreement. "Well, we can-"

"I have to go." Kumi said flatly as she got up and quickly retreated to her temporary room. "Excuse me." Hyelim said as she got up and followed her. Alice pushed in her chair and followed them.

-

"What just happened? Sungmin whispered his face showing no sign of a clue. "Come on, I'll tell you in the room. I don't know if they can hear us." Sungmin followed Hyukjae to the room leaving the door open so they could hear when the girl's came back down.

"What did you do? Oh my God, you didn't-"  "No! What is wrong with you?" "Well hurry up and spit it out!" "I kissed her." Sungmin's eyebrows flew up as soon as the words left Hyukjae's mouth. "What?" "I know, I messed up but she looked so beautiful and she had just said she liked me and I-" "Wait, what did she say?" "I asked her if she was at all attracted to me, she said she was and that she liked me then I apologized and I kissed her." Sungmin's brows furrowed like he was still trying to grasp the situation. "What do you mean you apologized?" "I said 'I'm sorry' before kissing her." Sungmin rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah that fixes everything. So if you apologized you were obviously aware of what you were doing. Why'd you do it?" "I don't know man. I felt terribly guilty after, I feel even worse for proving Donghae right."

"And now she wants to leave." Hyukjae nodded. "I think I scared her. After I kissed her, her hands were shaking like crazy and she was just staring at me with the guiltiest look on her face." "Did she kiss you back?" 'Yeah, she did." The corner of Hyukjae's mouth twitched upward. Sungmin caught it, "You should just dump Donghae and break Kumi up with her boyfriend, then you two can be together." Hyukjae looked utterly shocked. "What are you talking about? You know how much I love him. How could you even say that?" "Then stop acting stupid over a girl you've known only for a few months! Have you even spoken to Donghae since you've been here?" "No, but he's busy...and my phone died. I left my charger at home." Hyukjae mumbled as he scratched the back of his head. Sungmin shook his head. "You're an idiot." "I know." Hyukjae said as he hung his head in regret.

 

-

"So he just kissed you out of no where?" Hyelim asked. "Yeah, kind of." "What do you mean 'kind of'? It was either out of no where or it wasn't." "It was out of nowhere in the sense that it was unexpected but I could have turned my head. As soon as his eyes shifted from my eyes to my lips I had two seconds to turn away from him, but I didn't. I'm a horrible girlfriend." Kumi put her head in her hands. Hyelim sighed and rubbed her back. "It's not your fault. He kissed you." Alice said. "Yeah but I kissed him back." "So...are you going to tell Donghae?" Hyelim asked. "I don't know." "You shouldn't. He'll be devastated, and it will only make you feel better, that would be selfish. Just keep it to yourself." Alice says. "I think you should tell him, maybe it's selfish but you'll feel better and it's been two year's I doubt he'll leave you over something like this." Hyelim said. Kumi nodded. "So, are we leaving?" Alice asked. "Well I was going to take a bus or something. I don't want to ruin the last day for you all." "It's okay, we'll go back with you. Won't we Alice?" Alice nodded though she looked like she was completely done with the conversation. "Um, can you give me a minute?" "Sure." Hyelim said before she and Alice left.

Kumi took out  her phone, she had three missed calls from Donghae, he'd called earlier that day. She quickly called him back.

"Good Morning Angel." He said sweetly.

"Hey Babe, where are you?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing. I just got home and you said you'd be here but you're not." Donghae complained.

Kumi could tell he was pouting, she couldn't help but smile. "I'm on my way back now."

"Are you okay? You sound weird."

She cleared like that would clear the guilt sitting on her chest. "Really?" I'm sorry."

Donghae laughed. "Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't know, I'm sorr-, I mean."

"Everything okay angel?"

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. I'll be home soon."

"Okay, I miss you~. I love you."

"I love you too babe."

Kumi felt like a nervous wreck after hanging up with Donghae. She packed up her things and walked downstairs she didn't expect to see everyone else all packed and ready to go as well.

"What are you all doing?" Kumi asked dumbfounded.

'We're going home." Hyelim answered.

"Yeah, it wouldn't be fun anymore if you're not here." Alice added. Sungmin and Hyukjae nodded in agreement.

-

After Sungmin went to get the van, the ride home was awkward and quiet. Sungmin cleared his throat and Kumi let out a sigh of relief because the silence was killing her. Sungmin glanced at Kumi, then at Hyelim, he tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "I, uh. I'm in a relationship."

Hyelim gasped as she grabbed onto Kumi's arm, "Oppa, you have a girlfriend!"

"Well, not exactly..." He took one more glance at Hyelim in the rearview mirror before continuing. "A boyfriend, I'm gay."

Hyelim's eyes widened to twice their size. "W-What?"

Kumi's mouth was hanging open. "Why didn't you tell us, earlier."

"I didn't' want to ruin the fun we were having and, I don't know."

Kumi noticed Alice chuckle. "What are you laughing about?"

Alice patted her cheeks. "Look at her face." she said while laughing. She topped when she noticed Kumi's icy glare. Alice cleared "You're right, it's not funny."

It was silent again for awhile with Hyelim still in shock.

"Hyukjae oppa,are you?" Kumi asked nervously.

Hyukjae sighed thinking 'to hell with it.' and nodded, "I also have a boyfriend."

Kumi exhaled loudly. "Well then, since we are all telling the truth. My boyfriend is Lee Donghae, the singer."

Sungmin coughed like he was choking on something and swerved. "Oh my God! What happened?" Kumi asked. "Uh, there was something in the road. I'll be more careful." he said, then he heard Hyukjae chuckle. Sungmin was convinced he was losing it.

"I don't believe this, do you have any pictures?" He didn't think she was lying which is why he wanted to see photos. "Sure." Kumi said as she pulled her phone from her pocket going to her pictures file and handing it to him.

Hyukjae scrolled through the plethora of photos. Photo after photo of Donghae with his arms wrapped around Kumi, smiling with her, kissing her. His eyes started to water, he clenched his jaw. His entire body felt hot and his heart rate sped up. He couldn't even cry because he was so angry. All he was thinking was 'how? how could he lie to me?' and judging from the pictures this had been going on for quite awhile. 'Oh, this son of a-'.

His thought's were cut short when Sungmin asked, "So i-is it Lee Donghae? The singer." he glanced over at Hyukjae.

Hyukjae cleared his throat trying to sound as normal as possible, though he was fuming on the inside. "Yup, that very one." he said faking an eye smile. Though he didn't look or sound any different. Sungmin thought that Hyukjae never looked more scary.