Food, Fun & Laughter

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kim Myungsoo's POV

It was starting. The crowd cheered and applauded, as the five young idols stepped out on stage. This special concert's purpose was to go back in time, when it all began. SHINee was going to perform their old songs, as well as their new ones, to look back on how far they've come. Whoever came up with that idea was a genius, because the whole place was packed, even with the tickets being so expensive.

As the crowd cheered, I noticed Naeun taking a picture of them. Were they that close? How would the netizens react? And just like that, jealousy sparked within me.

"Oi. What're you doing?" I asked, harshly snatching her phone from her.

She gave me an angry expression. "Hey! Give me back my phone!" She yelled in a whisper. But I rejected her request and held the phone up, away from her.

Son Naeun's POV

CLICK! A bright light blinded me for a split second. I looked around, wondering whether or not a fan noticed us and took a picture. I searched, but I found nothing. 

"Oppa, did you see that?" I asked him, earning myself a questioning look. "I think someone took a pic of us." 

I was so surprised when he held my phone to my face - screen facing me. "You mean this?" He replied with a question. My eyes were about to water, but I quickly blinked to hide it. This was the first time in so long that he took a picture with me. It may not seem much, but the little things mean the most to me.

"Consider it as my birthday present. Send it to me later." Huh? Birthday? Who's birthd- Oh. I can't believe I forgot! It was his birthday. "Aigoo. Stop worrying. It's no big deal."

"It is a big deal! I forgot your birthday!" I yelled in a whisper, right next to his ear.

"Ow! You've gotten so loud lately, I think my eardrums are gonna burst." He mocked. I pouted, giving him a light punch on his shoulder. "Now violence? What next?" This time he tried acting cute in an overly dramatic way, but I just rolled my eyes.

*Clench* My heart squeezed, almost painfully. I knew what it was... It was the cause of trying to get over him when he's just right there. You don't need to make me fall for you... cause I never fell out of love.

I was brought back to reality by a hand waving in front of my face. "Earth to Naeun? Are you in there?"

"Huh? Um..." I was becoming nervous. That was until I remembered our conversation."Um... I was just thinking about how we should spend your birthday..." I paused for a bit, as I hesitated a little. "Maybe if you're free we could... you know... go out?... As friends!...Uhh... I mean lets go out as friends...?" Oh my goodness. I couldn't believe it. I was a nervous wreck! 

I turned my head towards the stage in embarrassment, only to be hit by realisation - the concert was in progress. I squinted my eyes, trying to focus on the members dancing. Taemin-oppa was staring right at me and he didn't seem that happy. Did he notice I wasn't paying attention? I thought for a bit, then shook my head. I made note to apologise to him after.

"Sure..." What? I knew who the voice belonged to, but I didn't face him. I acted as if I didn't notice, because my heartbeat was abnormal and I was holding my breath in. "I'd love to go out with you." He said a bit louder. There was no use in pretending, because even Eunji heard it, as she was giving me 'the look'. So all I did was nod my head. 

Out of nowhere, someone grabs my hand. I looked at the big hand, gently holding my right hand and traced it back to the owner. "Um... Oppa...-"

He cuts me off. "Just for today."

"Alright... Just for today..." I replied. The rest of the concert, I was tensed and he didn't let go, even for a second. I couldn't help but smile.

In Infinite's Dorm...

Nam Woohyun's POV

I was in the process of cooking a big feast for the boys, as well as, myself and Chorong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter