Past Becomes the Present

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun's POV 

 

"I need you too."

 

Bu-Boom. Bu-Boom.

 

Those words tugged at my heartstrings. Mixed emotions ran throughout my whole body. It was something that I had never experienced. Something new. 

 

Was this true love? 

 

No, it can't be. I don't believe in true love. It doesn't exist. Everyone will leave me. HE already left me once.

 

That thought snapped me back to reality. I tore his arms apart, breaking me free from his grasp. "No. No you don't. You're just being blinded by the fact you don't want to be alone." Tears became evident on my face and I let them. They weren't just for him. They were for me too.

 

I turned until we were face to face, less than a meter apart. "I know that feeling. I grew up with it." My past came back to haunt the present me. The past becomes the present. To beat that, I have to go with it.

 

He was silent. His eyes bored into the ground. I started again. "See. Point proven." I took a step back and went no further because my arm was suddenly in his tight grip.

 

"You're wrong. I love you. I always have. Since the very beginning..." It was a whisper, but I could hear it and he knew that.

 

"Then you wouldn't have let me go." I had a choice. I stood by it and I was ready to fight back.

 

"..."

 

"I think we're done here." Not wasting another second, I shook his hand off. I sidestepped and slid past him. It was time to face the past. Time to get Chorong eonnie back.

 

"Because I was scared!" Myungsoo oppa stuttered.

 

I froze. A flash of my memories played in my head and a flashback struck me.

 

~Flashback~

 

"Because I was scared!" I yelled with my back facing her retreating back.

 

That exclamation stopped her in her tracks. I could here her pivot and there I knew she was facing me.

 

"Look at me, Naeun." It was in English. She was mad. She was about to blow.

 

"I SAID LOOK AT ME!" The part of her she hid returned. "If I don't get a good explanation from you then I'm quitting Apink. I refuse to debut if I don't find an answer from you!" She barked.

 

My eyes widened as big as saucers. In one swift motion, I was face to face with her. "Why? This is my problem not yours!" I barked back in Korean.

 

"Because we're in this together." Her voice was calm. Too calm. "Now tell me." The calmness reminded me of when we first met and I made her snap. It didn't end well.

 

Surrendering, I began my explanation. "I was scared that I wouldn't get adopted. I left that place because without you, I had no one. You found you're family and I was left alone." My breath began to stagger. "When you told me you'd bail right before graduation, deep down I knew I'd be alone. So just like you, I left. I was offered a spot in that art university in Paris and I took it."

 

"Then how'd you get here?" 

 

"Sister Louise paid me a visit and confronted me. She said that I lost my smile. That I lost my brightness and joy. It reminded me of our nickname, 'Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter