The Media

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One's POV

Birds chirped as the sun began to rise. Though it was still dark outside, the Apink girls were already up and running. Today, they had a fansigning event at a mall in Gangnam and all but one, were excited.

Chorong was too tired to be excited. She woke up 10 minutes after she slept because she couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. But nevertheless, like the great leader she was, she gathered the girls and got them all set for the day.

"Girls! Let's go!" Chorong yelled, in the process of opening the front door.

"Eonnie, is that the only schedule we have for today?" Naeun asked, appearing from the corner.

The leader thought hard, trying to remember what their schedule was. "Hmm... I think so. Then our manager said we have to practise hard today for that fundraising event tomorrow."

"Oh. Are we the only ones who would be there tomorrow?" Hayoung butted in, appearing behind Naeun, who was currently putting her shoes on.

"Hmm... Not sure." The leader shrugged.

Once the girls were ready, they went out of their dorm and started their way down to where their van was. While walking down the hallway, they ran into Infinite.

"Ah, Oppa!" Eunji, the first to notice, ran towards Hoya, giving him a friendly hug and then started a conversation.

The others just waved and greeted each other. "Hi." The Apink leader said, in a tone that showed she was too tired to care.

"Noona, is something the matter?" Sungjong asked, showing concern in his tone.

She smiled a faint smile and shook her head. "Ani."

"She's tired because she couldn't sleep last night. She kept tossing and turning." Explained Naeun, diverting her attention from Kim Myungsoo, or more like trying to avoid him. He wouldn't stop staring at her and that made her feel quite uncomfortable.

Sungjong nodded and went to talk to Apink's maknae and Yookyung. But it was Woohyun's turn to question her. "You sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Chorong dismissed. He nodded at her answer and changed the topic.

Myungsoo was still staring at Naeun who was trying her best to avoid his gaze, but Myungsoo wasn't having any of that. "Naeun-ah..." Having no other choice, she turned to him. "About the birthday thi-" Naeun sighed in relief as he was interrupted. Truthfully, she had forgotten about it and after his 'wish' during his surprise party, she couldn't act normal around him.

"Girls, we better go. I got a text from our manager." Chorong told the rest of Apink, interrupting their previous activities.

The girls said their goodbyes to the guys and left, fearing for an angry manager. Finally, they reached the fan and the whole ride to the mall, they had a lecture from their manager about organisation and punctuality.

'This manager sure does nag a lot.' Bomi and Namjoo thought, sighing in frustration.

Hayoung's POV

Finally, we arrived and that put a stop to the endless nagging. Almost immediately, we hopped out of the car and getting escorted by the guards.

They led us to the venue and upon entering the mall, we were greeted with screaming fans, taking pictures. It made my heart flutter at the thought that all these people took time to come and show us love and support. I was very touched.

When we arrived at the venue, I noticed some very familiar faces. It was our sunbaes, BEAST. When they noticed us, they waved at us and vise versa.

Upon getting closer, I quickly went to Dongwoon oppa. We were very close, but not anything more than a best friend or brother. "Oppa, what're you guys doing here?"

"We're doing a performance and a fan signing event. You?"

"Oh, same. Well, that's unusual." I turned to our manager, beside me. "Same time?"

Catching on to what I was saying, our manager replied. "Oh, did I forget to mention... Hehe... You're doing an event with BEAST."

I rolled my eyes. So forgetful...

Dongwoon oppa laughed, then turned his gaze to someone. I followed his line of vision and it led to Naeun eonnie. "Yah. Naeun-ah. You forgot to say hello to me."

She came closer, making sure to avoid raising her voice. "Mianhe Oppa." She bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo."

He smiled and shook his head. Then he suddenly takes out his fist and stretches it towards Eonnie. "Son~"

"Visual Siblings~" She said, fistbumping with him. It was their signature thing.

"Oh yeah, I got the food your mum sent. They were delicious. Tell her I said thank you." Oppa tells her, earning himself a nod.

Feeling like a third wheel, I left to go to Bomi eonnie, who was chit-chatting with Ilhoon oppa. It wasn't that I was jealous or anything like that. I just felt a bit dejected.

No One's POV

Both BEAST and Apink were called on stage for a sound check. After that, the event officially began. First to perform was BEAST with their songs, Beautiful and Breath.

All the fans were squealing at the singing idols. They ended with a strong finish and a loud applause erupted throughout the mall.

It was Apink's turn. They decided to perform Secret and Remember. For Secret, they sat on high stools. They gave 100% into the performance and put so much emotion into it. The fans were left mesmerised and emotional at the same time.

The high stools were taken away and the girls stood in their formation for Remember. The music began and they danced their hearts out, gaining more energy from the cheers of the fans.

For the last few seconds, the girls were able to relax. And soon enough it ended, then it would be the fan signing event.

There was a long table that could fit both BEAST and Apink. Each one of the idols took their seats and the fansigning began. Fans from all around the country, as well as international fans, we're there, presenting gifts for their favorite idols. There was laughter, joy and the feeling of being touched. The support and the love re-energised the two groups.

Maybe not all of them...

Park Chorong's POV

I felt light-headed. My vision was becoming blurry and everything started spinning. The bones and muscles in my body were weakening and before I knew it, my vision turned black.

No One's POV

Chorong started to fall, but a pair of arms caught her. Gasps were heard from the fans, making the idols turn towards the commotion. Their eyes widened in surprise.

"Eonnie!" The girls worriedly exclaimed in unison, gathering around their unconscious leader, while the guys went to get help.

When the ambulance finally came, Gikwang picked her up princess-style and walked towards the exit, up to the point where the medics came with a stretcher. And just like that, she was driven off, with Apink following in tow. However, the boys stayed to complete the event, as that was what the girls asked them to do.

3 Hours Later...

Five members of Apink sat in front of the examination room, waiting for a doctor to come out and tell them what was wrong with their leader. The more time passed by, the more anxious the girls became.

All of a sudden, panting was heard, making the girls turn to the source. To their utter surprise, it was Infinite.

"What happened t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter