The Past Returns

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun's POV

"-lost...Ahem... My apologies." He cleared his throat. "As I was saying, she has unfortunately lost her memories. To what extent, we don't know. At least, as of now. Our main goal now is to understand the cause of her memory loss, in order to know what is needed to be done. From the very minimal analysis we have done our best to gather, she willingly lost her memories." Our eyes widened at what the doctor was telling us. Some, not even understanding what is being said. "That is not to say that she chose to forget. It may sound perculiar, but there seems to be something she wishes to erase. That something is yet to be discovered. In the meantime, she is to be well rested and must not be stressed. Are there any questions?"

"If I may, will her memories be able to return?" Bomi eonnie asked the question we all wanted to be answered.

"Of course. Although this is a very rare condition, it can be fixed. This is not to say that it will be easy, but it all depends on her and you. The better the care, the greater the chance." He answered proffesionally. "Anything else?"

"When will she be discharged?" Eunji eonnie asked this time.

"Ms Park is to remain here for a couple of days just so our nurses can keep an eye on her. After that, she can be discharged if requested. Her parents have been contacted, if you were wondering." He paused and got something out of his pocket. "And this is Ms Park's cellphone. I'll leave it in your care." He handed it to me. "Well, good day."

We bowed and said our thanks, before he left and a nurse took his place. "Annyeonghaseyo, I am Nurse Choi." She greeted while bowing. We bowed in return. "I have been instructed to guide you to the room where Ms Park will be staying. Now... there seems to be quite a number of you. Hence, there will be a limit to the amount of visitors allowed to enter, at a time." She paused, checking the clipboard in her hands. "According to my sources, her condition is stable, therefore, the limit is 5 people." She looked at us and we nodded to show her we understood. "Well then, please follow me."

It took 5 minutes to get there. 2 floors up, 3 corners to turn and 10 rooms down the hall. It was a mystery how they brought her up so fast, without us knowing. 

"Before you ask, this ward is a private area, so don't worry about the fans." Nurse Choi reassured us.

My eyes widened. "You know us?" What a rhetorical question...

"Why of course." She winked and left.

"Okay. We need to decide on which 5 go in fir-" Before Sungkyu oppa could finish his sentence, Woohyun oppa walked past us and entered. He had no more patience in him. "Okay then... I guess him. Then it should be...um... Naeun, me, Eunji and Myungsoo." Everyone agreed and the said people went in, closing the door behind them.

Nam Woohyun's POV 

As soon as I saw her face, I knew it wasn't right. Something was definitely off. She was so pale. She had a IV drip on her left hand and an oxygen tube through her nose. 

I felt so helpless. I had no idea what to do. I didn't even know what was going on. Ever so slowly, I took small steps towards her. Then by her side, I took her right hand in mine.

Her hand... The once warm hand, had turned cold. 

Chorong. My precious Chorong was so... so lifeless. It was an unbearable sight.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, then came another. Then another and soon enough there were four.

My best friend, Son Naeun, stood beside me, as my wingwoman. My shoulder to cry on. My support. If she wasn't here, I would've broken down from the very beginning.

She looked straight into my eyes and gave me a faint smile. It didn't suit her, but it gave me the comfort I needed.

Twitch. I felt a twitch against my hands. 

"Mrrhmm." And a mumble.

I looked down and I saw Chorong's fingers twitching the tiniest bit and her eyes seemed as if they were shaking. 

I felt a jolt and by instinct, I acted. "Someone get the doctor. Quickly!" Just as I said that, her eyes flickered open and she suddenly shot up into a sitting position

"I'll get the doctor. Watch her." Naeun said and headed for the door.

"Naeun!"

Son Naeun's POV

I froze. I thought she lost her memories? Why does she know me?

"Naeun. Where am I? Why are these things connected to me? Who are these people?" Chorong eonnie kept bombarding me with questions, which she spoke in perfect English. It made me turn around.

As soon as I did, I noticed the others frozen. They were probably wondering why she could speak in perfect English, whereas before when she did in front of them, she couldn't.

"Chorong-ah. Gwenchana? Are you sore anywhere?" Woohyun oppa shrugged it off and started asking her.

Chorong eonnie put on a confused expression. "Who are you?" Huh? She remembers me but not him?

"I'll call the doctor." I said once again.

"Naeun! Where are you going? Don't leave me with these people! I don't know them. They'll hurt me." She called for me.

I turned to her. "Eonnie, these are our friends." 

"Huh? I can't understand you. What are you saying? What language are yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter