Discharged

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One's POV

"Sorry I took so long. It seems as if the effects of the amnesia have been cleared." The doctor informed Chorong, while scanning the medical files. "I'm happy to inform you that you are free to go. Take it easy for a bit and in one month, you will have your follow-up check-up. If there are any complications, please go to the emergency room immediately." The doctor closed the binder medical file and shifted his gaze towards Chorong. "Well, until then, goodbye." 

When the door shut closed, Chorong turned towards Woohyun. "I'm finally free to go..." 

"You don't seem too happy about that...?" Woohyun pointed out to her.

Chorong lets out an exasperated sigh. "It's just...y'know... What happened earlier really took a toll on me. Not to mention, I wasn't allowed to be discharged until my vitals became normal again." She decorated her face with a tired smile. "I'm just really stressed out, because Lucay... y'know he...when he says something, he usually means it. So, I'm really-" 

"Hey... Don't talk like something terrible is gonna happen..." Woohyun interjected, gently placing his hands on her shoulders. "We're going to be okay. Got that?"

"I-"

"Got that?" He interrupted her once more, narrowing his eyes.

Knowing that she was fighting a losing battle, she nodded in defeat, satisfying the man in front of her. "Got it."

With a satisfied grin on his face, he backed up to take a hold of her hand. "Let's go have some fun. We can't waste a good day just because of him." 

And off they went. Out of the hospital and to a more deserted area next to the Han River at 10 in the evening when a portion of the city takes a well deserved break... usually. 

Park Chorong's POV

"We're here!" Woohyun exclaimed, spinning around to face me but our hands remained intertwined. His excited grin was too contagious and I couldn't help but lovingly gaze at him. How did I ever get so lucky to have a man like him?

"Why are we here?" 

"Moody Judy needed a breather and what better place to do so than the Han River, right?"

I rolled my eyes but I couldn't  help the light-hearted laugh I emitted. But knowing that despite his exhaustion - evident from the dark bags under his eyes - he still prioritised me as if I was a queen, I quietly mumbled, "Thank you."

No words needed to be exchanged for me to know that the smile he showed me was everything I needed and more at that moment. He didn't need to speak to convey because he knew that I knew he loved me. "I love you too." Strong and resilient - just like our relationship.

His expression turned loving and his right hand found its way to my cheek, whilst his other hand let go of my hand and repositioned itself on the curve of my back, pulling me closer to him. I could feel him slowly leaning over and our eyes simultaneously closing. Lips collided with mine and our rhythm was slow. Andante. Minuet. Label it as you may, one thing was for sure, a beautiful symphony erupted and a soothingly reassuring atmosphere glazed over us. We were in sync and the way his lips felt against mine overthrew my composure and I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. His right hand found its way to my back and he pulled me as close to him as possible. It was addicting.

There were no sparks like in fairytales and time didn't slow down. But none of those fantasies were needed to know that this moment was perfect.

A few minutes later, the lack of air finally caught up to us and we unwillingly separated to try and fill our deprived lungs. Our foreheads lay against one another, noses still touching and our lips, just less than 1cm apart. It was just so tempting to kiss him again. Once. Twice. Over and over. Forever would be nice.

"And it's also a great place to make out, y'know?" He points out, ruining my captivation towards his lusciously kissable lips.

I let out a giggle and open my eyes to find him staring back at me. I pull away just enough to fully see his face. "Now that's a place worth going to."

He places his forehead against mine once again without breaking eye contact. "I knew you couldn't resist me." His eyes held a tint of playfulness and I couldn't help the growing smile planted on my face.

I started leaning in and seeing this, he followed my lead and tried to meet me halfway. 2mm apart from each other's lips, a yell broke our trance and I tried to get myself out of my boyfriend's embrace but it was too firm, so I whipped my head around to see the source of the yell.

"CHORONG EONNIE!!!" Apink was running towards me like raging bulls, eyes flowing with tears of relief and joy.

Woohyun finally let go of me and I took a step away from him, knowing what was to come. The girls didn't stop when they reached me. Instead they tackled me to the ground and all that was seen was 7 grown women in a heap, acting like dorks, but to be honest, who really cared?

We sit up in almost like a circle. "I'm so glad you're finally coming home. It wasn't the same without you." Namjoo cried and I couldn't fight the motherly smile that adorned my face, as I gently wiped the tears from her face, followed by the tears of the rest of the girls.

"I'm glad to be out too. You have no idea how lonely I was," I admitted, "but how'd you know where we were?"

Eunji opted to answer, pointing at my boyfriend. "He told us when we called before cause you were taking so long and he said he was going to take you somewhere and that we were welcomed to come."

I turned to Woohyun who merely just shrugged "Figured it would brighten your day if everyone was together."

"Thank you." I smiled at him and he returned it tenfold. It lasted until other voices interrupted our exclusive moment once again.

"You all do know that we're here too, right?" Turning towards the voice, I realised Infinite had come as well.

"Hey guys." My greeting was returned with either a smile, n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter