Please Be Alright

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam Woohyun's POV

 

My legs felt like they were on fire. With every ounce of muscle in my system, I sped past Hyung, leaving them behind.

 

I was laughing and enjoying myself, I forgot all about Chorong. 

 

I'm sorry. Please be alright...

 

The feeling of guilt made my guts all squeezy, but it was overpowered by fear and worry.

 

Finally, I was in front of her room. With the thought of not wasting anymore time, I flung the door open. But as soon as I did, I was signaled to be quiet by Naeun.

 

I nodded, assuring her that I'll remain calm and silent. Slowly, I crept towards her bed, ignoring the burning sensation of my leg muscles. 

 

When I was as close as I could possibly be to her, I placed my hand on top of hers and lightly rubbed her knuckles with my thumb. I held my tears in. I wanted to be strong for her and them.

 

Then a sudden, but gentle knock broke the heavy atmosphere - or at the very least, diverted our attentions. A head popped out. It was the doctor.

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt. I have come to inform you of Ms Park's current condition." 

 

"What is it?" I couldn't handle the anticipation. 

 

Naeun placed a hand on my shoulder. "Calm down." She quietly told me.

 

I took a long, deep breath in and restrained myself.

 

"There is good news and bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?" He asked, looking at us all, one by one.

 

"Good news, please." Naeun politely replied on behalf of the rest of us. 

 

"Well, medically - like sicknesses and injuries - she is perfectly fine..." 

 

I sighed in relief before turning to the others with a smile.

 

"-but..." Uh-Oh. Nothing good ever comes after that.

 

"Her fainting was triggered by the strong emotions she is feeling. It is somewhat like she is trapped in trauma, you could say."

 

"So, what are you suggesting, Doctor?" I interrupted his speech.

 

"I think it would be best if only Ms Son stays with her." I was about to interrupt again, but he put his hand up to silence me. "It is not because I believe that any one of you are at fault or that you kids would cause any trouble. I had a meeting with a psyciatrist and we agreed that due to her current mental condition, she is not able to process anything that has happened from a certain time, except for Naeun. Therefore, Naeun is our best option right now."

 

There was silence. No sound. No words. No, nothing. Not a single peep.

 

"I have spoken too much. I will leave you to work out what you would like to do. I will come by again tomorrow at around noon. Well, I will take my leave. Good day." Out the door he went, with a short little wave.

 

Lately silence has been evident more often than not and this was no exception.

 

Unable to control my anger, I snapped with rage in my voice. "WHERE THE HECK IS THE GUY WHO DID THIS TO HER?! I'M GONNA MAKE THEM SUFFER!"

 

"Yah! Be quiet! You'll wake her up!" Infinite's leader butted in.

 

"NO! I WON'T JUST SIT AND WAIT!" Anger and rage was the only thing powering my mind and because of that, I couldn't control my words and actions. "AND YOU!" I turned to Naeun putting out an accusing finger, giving her a shock.

 

"M-Me..?" She stammered.

 

Stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter