No Time For Tears

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong's POV

I was currently reading a book beside the sleeping Naeun, on her bunk, when her phone suddenly rang. I immediately got up to answer it, as it could wake her up. 

'Naeun-ah! Gwenchana?!' Woohyun's shout rang through my eardrums, forcing me to pull back from the phone.

"Shhh! Keep your voice down." I lectured him in a whisper.

'Ahh. Chorong-ah. Where's Naeun?' He asked. I could tell that he was very worried. She is in fact, his best friend.

"Bianhe, Woohyun-ah. You can't talk to her right now. She's sleeping." It took two hours to get her to sleep. I couldn't just wake her up after she finally relaxed.

'Ah, gwenchana.' He sighed. 'How is she though? Is she alright?'

"What do you think?" The answer was obvious.

'I know... But I swear, L would turn back to normal after our world tour. He's just under a lot of stress right now. I know he still lik-' I cut him off. I couldn't believe that. I couldn't let Naeun suffer anymore. The decision was hers to make, but I hope she thinks about herself too.

"Ani. No person, in their right mind, would shove the person they like, around like a rag doll. Didn't you see him before? He didn't even seem to care when she walked off. 4 years of her life was wasted for this." I know that Woohyun loves his group members like family, but that's no different to me and the girls. He wouldn't like me talking like that, about one of them.

'...you're completely right. He was in the wrong. He shouldn't have done that...' I was shocked. Did he just take my side? 'But I know for sure that he loves her. That's the only reason I still let him near Naeun. So, please try to understand it from my perspective...' He's right. I was only thinking about what I thought and not about the others.

"I do understand you. And bianhe...for talking like that about your group member..." I admitted defeat.

'Anyways, how about us? Don't you miss me already?' Now there's my boyfriend.

"What about us? I just saw you this morning." I couldn't help but giggle.

'I know. But I miss you~' Ughh. His aegyo again. He really knows how to get to me.

"Hehe. I am pretty loveable~" 

'Ahaha, you sure are.' That made me grin. 'Chorong-ah...'

"Hmm?" I hummed, letting him know that he had my attention.

'Saranghae~' I was overjoyed. That was the first time I heard him say it to me.

I tried to cover up my current state. "Aigoo. You're so cheesy." 

'Kekekeke. But don't you love me too?' He just completely changed my gloomy mood from before.

"Hmm. I guess so." This was just me teasing him.

'Yah! Are you crazy?' His reaction cracked me up.

"Ahaha. I was just kidding. Of course I do~" I told him shyly. Who have I become?

'Of course you do. Who wouldn't?' This guy is really crazy. 'Go rest. I don't want you to be too tired. Goodnight. Goodnight. Sar-' 'YAH NAM WOOHYUN!!! YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE ROOM! GET OUT IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK LIKE THAT...making me feel bad about being single...' It was definitely Sungkyu Oppa. I laughed quietly, keeping in mind that Naeun was sleeping.

'I have to go. Bye bye~' With that he hung up. 

I shook my head. Their antics never get old. I put the phone back where I got it from, and went to my bunk. Since, it was an exhausting day, I had no trouble falling asleep and I did just that.

Son Naeun's POV

Morning arrived as I woke from an uncomfortable sleep. I got up to wash my dry, tear stained face. I had to look okay. It was the day. The day I decide to end the 4 year relationship. That's right. After hours of thinking, I finally made my decision. It will be my first time being selfish because this choice was to benefit me. Or at least, I think so.

When I look proper, I get my phone and send a quick text to Myungsoo Oppa.

Me: Oppa, can we meet? It's important.
Myungsoo Oppa: Whatever. 
Me: Okay. Let's meet at Woolim's break room.
Myungsoo Oppa: If you're not there in 10 minutes, I'm leaving.
Me: I'm on my way.

When there was no reply from him, I grabbed my bag and ran out. I decided to take a taxi, so it would be faster. In exactly 7 minutes, I arrived because there was no traffic. I payed, leaving a tip and quickly made my way inside the company.

As soon as I got there, I immediately spotted Myungsoo Oppa sitting down at the far, left corner of the room. I joined him, sitting on the seat in front of him. He didn't even spare a simple greeting or a smile. All I got was cold treatment.

"Ah, Oppa, you came pretty fast." I couldn't take the atmosphere, so I spoke.

"No kidding. I was a minute away, in the same building." He retorted in an irritated tone.

This wasn't right. I wanted to end things smoothly. Not while we're fighting or arguing. "Ah, Bianheyo. I wasn't thinking straight." And the only reply I got was him rolling his eyes in annoyance. Was I really that unpleasant?

"Just get on with it. I haven't got all day." He wasn't even looking at me.

"Deh." I paused, making sure he was listening. " Oppa... I think it's time." I started.

"Time to what?" Where's the real Myungsoo Oppa? If I see the tiniest bit of the Oppa I fell for, I won't break up with him. "Please don't ask me to marry you." But that's asking for the impossible.

"Break up." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear. He suddenly turned to face me. I was so close to backing down, but I fought through it. "It's time for us to break up."

"Wait, wh-" No, I didn't want anything to change my mind. If I did, I knew it wouldn't change anything. I became a coward. I thought that if I backed down, he'll stay cold towards me.

"The past 4 years have been great. You were many of my firsts and I'm glad for that. But I guess, all good things must come to an end, right? So, I think this is our best option Oppa. We can't make each other happy." I took a deep breath. "I just realised, my love was always unrequited." I gave a forced smile.

"Na-" Sorry Oppa. No turning back.

"You can tell everyone that you dumped me. I don't mind. I'm not the right one for you. It happens." I let out a sigh. "So... t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter