If Only

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life has a funny way of showing that things don't always go as planned. It had been a week since that fight. Chorong was confused to say the least but who could blame her. The very moment she regained her memories, she was met with the horrendous sight of her boyfriend leaning in to kiss a person she thought she could trust. Emphasis on 'thought'.

"Eonnie, I'll be right back. I'm just gonna bring the bags to Manager-oppa." Naeun grabbed the bags containing Chorong's belongings, before turning to towards the door. She was about to reach out for the door handle, but suddenly she felt a tug on her sleeve.

"Don't leave me, please." Apink's leader pleaded in desperation, not letting go of Naeun's sleeve.

"I'll come straight back." The visual carefully placed the bags down before turning to the emotionally unstable woman. "You'll be fine."

After a few moments of consideration, the said girl reluctantly released the younger of the two's sleeve, before dropping the hand to her side. "...Okay."

Naeun gave Chorong's hand a reassuring squeeze and then resuming her previous task. The leader's eyes lingered on the closed door. It was only when her head was beginning to pound, did she go to the bed to lay down. In less than an hour she was to be discharged and return once a week for regular check-ups. In truth, she had been very hesitant in accepting the idea of going back to her dorm as she wasn't prepared to face her. 

Plan A's CEO and the Apink members, excluding their leader and visual, had scheduled a meeting to discuss some ideas that would be most comfortable for Chorong. Their final decision was to buy two dorms that had a connecting door. It just so happens that the two dorms adjacent to their new homes coincidentally belonged to the members of Infinite.

The living arrangement became:

Chorong, Naeun and Hayoung in the one on the right, opposite of the dorm of Woohyun, Myungsoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol. There were three bedrooms, so each member had their own room. While Bomi, Eunji, Yookyun and Namjoo shared the other one, with Bomi and Eunji, being the ever so generous pair, agreeing to sharing the biggest room.

They were given a considerate price for the two connecting dorms. In that week, they were able to move all their stuff into their new respective homes.

 

Park Chorong's POV

Naeun was only gone for no more than 5 minutes, but time felt as if it was dragging on. I was too uncomfortable to be around anyone else other than her, so I didn't like it when she left my side. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. I was relieved to say the least, but when I opened my eyes, I couldn't believe it.

Right in front of me was the man I was nowhere near ready to face - Nam Woohyun. 

"Hi..." He awkwardly said without meeting my eyes.

A hateful expression made its way on my face. "What are you doing here?" I hissed trying to put as my harshness unto my words.

Slowly he lifted his head and hesitantly met my gaze, taken aback by the intensity of my eyes, but remained composed nonetheless. "Can we...talk? Please?" His voice was weak, but his eyes told me that he wasn't going to back down.

I sighed in frustration knowing he would only leave once I let him talk. "Fine. You have five minutes. After that, leave." I gave in, sternly. Although I gave in, I had no intention on really listening. I broke our gaze and turned to face the window, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Uh..Um..." Obviously he was unsure of how to form his words, but instead of giving up, he cleared his throat and spoke again. "About the thing with Bomi, no more excuses, I admit it. I was wrong and too caught up in my frustration and fear. She gave me the comfort I needed at that time and things just happened. But, I would never intentionally do that behind your back. Especially with your best friends."

It didn't move me at all. Instead I was angrier and by that, my hate fire was fuelled and I couldn't hold back. "So if I'm not around, you'll go around kissing people for comfort?!" I snapped, turning to face him.

 "No, that's not what I meant!" He retorted.

"Then what do you mean?!" I raised my voice a little.

"Only..." His voice cracked and he looked down like the ground was the most interesting thing in the world. That almost made my wall of hate break. Almost. "Only you..." It was a whisper, but I heard it. "I only want to kiss you. Just you and no one else."

"If only that was true. But how can I believe you when-" 

"Because I love you and only you!" Woohyun exclaimed lifting his face and I gasped at the sight. It honestly tore my heart. His eyes were burning with sincerity and were filled to the brim with tears, while his face was wet with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter