New Beginning

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One's POV

Chorong sneaked her way to Infinite's dorm in a hurry, making sure that she was unnoticed. It was the hard life of an idol. When she arrived, she rang the doorbell. She was surprised when L was the one who opened the door. 

"Are you going somewhere?" Chorong asked.

"I'm going with Naeun to the concert." As soon as those words left his mouth, he started to regret ever speaking. He knew what she was thinking, judging by the look on her face. "Noona, don't get the wrong idea. She still hasn't forgiven me yet." After a couple of seconds, she nodded, dismissing the topic and L just sighed in relief. "Well, go in. I'll be heading out now." And with that, he made his way to Apink's dorm.

She watched him as he walked off. 'He seems happier.' She thought before entering the dorm. The door closed and she removed her shoes, then soon after, she was greeted by Woohyun. They said their greetings and he guided her to the living room. 

"Would you like a cup of coffee?" Woohyun offered when she took a seat on the couch. 

"Oh, yes please." It was obvious that there was tension in the room. It was undeniable. 

He nodded and left her alone. Chorong was awkwardly sitting by herself, not knowing what to do. 10 minutes later, Woohyun appeared with two cups of coffee. He handed her one, getting himself a nod of gratitude. 

As soon as he was seated, he spoke. "Talk."

"Huh?" Having said out so suddenly, she became confused.

"Explain." 

"Oh, that." Chorong took a sip and placed the cup on the coffee table. "Well, it's a long story, you see... As you may know, I went to the grocery store to buy some stuff and there, I happen to bump into him. He must have seen me struggling with the bags cause he offered to help me. And then things just led to him comforting me with a friendly hug." 

Woohyun wasn't satisfied. He frowned. "What type of things exactly?" 

She was intimidated by his sudden coldness. This was a new side of him that she'd never witnessed before; cold but calm. Even so, she obediently answered. "Lately, I've been having problems and was very stressed. I didn't realise that I started crying in the middle of my ranting, until he hugged me. But it was completely just for comforting." After her long explanation, she turned to him, waiting for his reaction.

"But, why would you tell him? You two aren't even close." 

"Because he asked. He was the only one who noticed the sudden change in me. And you're wrong. We've actually gotten closer. Whenever groups meet up to celebrate after concerts, we'd have conversations here and there." Her eyes started to water. She was sad at the fact that a friend acted more than him and that he payed very little attention to her.

"And how did I not know about this?" He gave her a questioning look.

"Infinite was invited, but you guys just refused to attend because you wanted to avoid scandals." She had the urge to roll her eyes at that. Of course.

There was a moment of silence. Nothing could be heard. The both of them did nothing, but stare at each other's face. Though, when she realised she was staring, she immediately looked away.

"Well, if it won't happen again, I'll let it go." He sighed, before taking a sip of his now, warm coffee. She smiled at his answer, but remembered something.

"Now it's your turn... Explain." Chorong commanded with a firm tone.

Woohyun was taken back. "About what?" 

"'At least Bomi isn't like you.' Were you serious?" She imitated him.

"Oh, that..." He paused for a bit, trying to think of the best way to explain himself. "I don't mean become like Bomi, but sometimes I just wish you'd be more laid back like her. You're always taking things too seriously and I just don't like it." 

Her face fell. "Well, I'm sorry for wanting our very few moments to be memorable. It's not like we see each other all the time."

"See. Like right now."

"Because it's serious. You're the one who needs to learn to take important things seriously." She argued back.

"Bomi isn't like that though. She knows how to have fun and-"

"So you're saying I'm not fun?" 

"No, I'm just saying that Bomi is more comfortable to be with sometimes because she makes everyone laugh."

"Thank you for your compliment... Note the sarcasm." Chorong was fuming. "I take things seriously because I take what you want into consideration. You expect so much from me. It's too much for me to handle..."

"That's why I said that you should be more laid back like-"

"Like Bomi. I get it! I get it!" She stood up, grabbing her things. "Why don't you just go and date Bomi then?" She attempted to get up, but he grabbed her by the wrist. That made her aggressively turn around, earning herself a cup of coffee splattered all over her. She froze and his eyes widened. He was panicking.

"Wait, Chorong-ah, I didn't mean it. You just suddenly turned-" Woohyun attempted to reason with her.

"So you're saying it's my fault. Ugh! You're unbelievable!" Once again, she tried to leave. This time, he wrapped his arms tightly around her, from behind.

"I didn't mean that. Come on. Just forgive me. Please?" He looked at her face from behind her shoulder. She wasn't fazed at all. "Fine then. Tell me what you want me to do. I'll do anything."

She didn't answer f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter