Late

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Park Chorong's POV   He was late. Again. He was always late. Get togethers with friends. Meeting my family. Video chats. We haven't even had our first date yet. But, today wasn't the day to be late. I cooked steak today because he promised he would be here. Today was special. It was my first birthday with him. I wanted it to be perfect. But of course, there really is no such thing as perfect. The steak had gotten cold, meaning they were no longer good to eat. I was upset, but I put on a strong front. For today only, I had especially asked the girls to stay out until midnight, so I could have a nice dinner with him. I contacted him over and over again, but each time, I would be put on voicemail.   With no more tendency to keep trying, I threw out the steaks and tidied up the dining room. The feeling of being forgotten was unbearable. Especially when it's your boyfriend. Finally, everything is cleared. I picked up my phone and rang Naeun.   In just a few seconds, she answered. "Eonnie?" I chuckled inwardly. If only Woohyun was like that. Picking up a call in no time.   "Deh. You can come back now." Tears threatened to fall. No longer being able to hold it in, tears fell down one by one. In silence, I cried. This is a side I couldn't let anyone see.   "Wae? Is everything alright? It's only 9:30." Her voice showed concern and a tint of curiosity.   "Deh. It ended earlier than expected." I said. I tried breathing slowly to regain my composure. Lying to her made it worse, making me feel more upset.   "Hm... Okay. If you're sure. We'll be there soon." I sighed a long sigh, after hanging up.   I walked into the room I shared with Naeun. I realised how bad I looked, when I saw my reflection through the mirror. The dress I bought for today, seemed so dull now, like it lost its special touch. My eyes were swollen and I was slouching. I decided to wash up and get ready for bed. I wanted to forget everything. This night wasn't worth remembering.    Regret lingered within all the exhaustion. This birthday that I'd been longing for, could have been spent with friends and family. So, why did I give it all up? Was it because he promised? Was it because I refused to doubt him even when deep inside, I never expected him to show up? A never ending train of thoughts haunted me, as I fell into a deep slumber, from all the crying.   Meanwhile...   No One's POV   Naeun put her phone back in her pocket, brushing all the negative thoughts she had, away. Upon turning back to her friends, she noticed that their attention was fixated on something. Curiosity took the best of her. "What's wrong?" She asked, while trying to follow their line of vision.   "Isn't that Woohyun Oppa?" Eunji was confused. Woohyun was supposed to be with Chorong, but why was he there standing across the street with two other guys?   A few seconds passed by and with no hesitation at all whatsoever, the girls walked towards him. If it was really him. Finally, after crossing the road, they reached him. To their utter dismay, it was him. Even with a scarf and a pair of sunglasses, they could tell that it was him.   Eunji, being the type to act quickly, grabbed Woohyun's arm. "Why are you here?" This question was said through gritted teeth, but it was not a whisper, instead, a demand that was loud enough for the whole gang to hear, including his two friends.   "Heyyy... Is this the friend you were talking about? I think she's pissed that you ditched her. Ahaha. I hate clingy girls." One of his friends exclaims, infuriating the girls even more, especially Eunji. For Eunji, that was the last straw.    Letting go of Woohyun's arm, she made her way to the chatterbox. "I ought to give you a piece of my mind!" However, before she could strangle him, the more composed members stopped her; Hayoung and Naeun. Luckily for the girls, they had masked themselves, so no one would recognise them.   "You talk really big for a tiny bi-" He was interrupted by a push. Wide-eyed, they looked towards that source. It was Woohyun.   "GET LOST!" Woohyun yelled, scaring everyone around him, even the Apink girls. This was the first time he had raised his voice like that.   "Let's get out of here." With that the two guys left, leaving Woohyun behind with five raging girls. There were only five of them because Yookyung had to attend to some family gathering.   After the incident, they took him to their dorm to apologise to Chorong. Eunji was so close to beating him up, but she restraint herself for their beloved leader. They arrived, getting greeted by the darkness that filled the apartment. Bomi switched on the lights and went to find Chorong.   She came back moments later, but Chorong wasn't with her. "She's sleeping." She told them.   "Yah, Oppa! Why were you there?" Namjoo quietly yelled.   "Bianhe. I forgot she invited me to dinner." He apologised, hanging his head low.   "Yah! Don't apologise to us! Apologise to Chorong Unnie. And to make it worse, you missed her birthday!" Bomi screeched.   "What? I-It'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter