Is It True?

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong's POV

The sun beamed through the blinds and filled the once, dark room with light. It made me wonder why life couldn't be that easy. 

I awaken wishing that yesterday's drama never took place. But life isn't fair. The anger and sorrow in my heart was overwhelming, reminding me that Woohyun really did say that. At least Bomi isn't like you. Those words repeatedly echoed through my head. No matter what, it wouldn't stop. Truthfully speaking, I wanted to apologise. Just as that, I planned my apology speech. 

For me, it wasn't really important on who apologises first, as long as the relationship can be restored and this relationship was worth it in my eyes.

I turn to my digital clock, placed on the study table. Well, technically it was Naeun's, but she has a digital watch that she hardly ever takes off. 6:15. My eyes widen. "Shoot!" I was supposed to cook breakfast at 6. The girls usually wake up at around 6:30. Uh-Oh. 

I get out of bed carefully, making sure not to shake the bed, leading to a groggy Naeun. She's not a morning person. It took a while to come up with the best solution. 10 minutes left and I decided to go with take-away; pizza and fried chicken. Yes, we're a girl group, but we have our moments.

Ding Dong. 6:28, I heard the doorbell, so I rushed to the intercom. "Annyeonghaseyo. Who is it?"

'Delivery for a Miss Park Chorong.'

"Ah, deh. 고맙습니다 (Thank you)" I replied in the process of opening the door. The deliveryman handed me the food and I payed him, giving him a tip to show my gratitude. 

In a flash, I quickly prepared it in the living room. Today, I decided to make everyone eat together, while watching TV, like old times. And just in time, the girls came out of their rooms, one by one, looking for breakky.

"The food is here!" I called out, getting the attention of the half asleep idols.

They headed to the food, grabbing portions then later, beginning to head back to their rooms. I wasn't having any of it. "YAH!" The loud yell caused them to jump and turn their attention towards me.

"Yah! We're eating here and that's final!" I yelled once again, but this time, not as loud as my previous outburst. The girls, too afraid to go against me, obeyed, positioning themselves around the food. "Good."

We ate in silence. Silence that I didn't want. Silence that was so frustrating. Silence that I hated. Silence that Apink never suited. Silence that wasn't there before. So why was it here now?

"What's happening to us?" I whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear. They stopped eating and started getting lost in their own thoughts. "Why are we like this? This isn't right. This isn't us. This isn't Apink." I complained a bit louder than a whisper. I continued. "When did we start being so distant? When did we become so quiet? When did we begin losing our passion? There are so many questions that I want to be answered, but right now, I just want to know one thing... Who are we to each other?"

No reply. No one spoke. Or maybe they were too scared to say the wrong thing. That lasted until Hayoung spoke.

"We've become our own individuals... We've been too busy to pay attention to each other." The youngest out of us, the maknae, was the only one wise enough to take control. When did she become so mature? "I want to go back. I want Apink back! I WANT OUR FRIENDSHIP BACK!" She screamed, getting louder and louder each time. She burst into tears. I could feel myself being on the verge of tears.

Naeun moved towards Hayoung. She took the first step. She hugged Hayoung, followed by Namjoo and Yookyung. The sight caused my tears to fall. I never realised that the dongsaengs also knew it. It made me feel guilty. I, as the leader, should have stopped it before it became like this. But instead of taking control, I caused pain for the ones I should be taking care of.

"Me too! I want Apink to go back to before!" Naeun, the introvert, quietly screamed while crying. 

"Me too! Apink! Come back!" Namjoo. Yookyung. The sides of my lips slightly lifted as I went to join the hug.

"Why're you guys crying?! You're gonna make me cry too!" Eunji stated, already in tears. The dongsaengs and I, broke our hug to turn towards them (Bomi and Eunji). We opened our arms wide, smiling and crying, like teenagers. The 93-liners quickly joined us and with that, Apink became one once again.

(A/N: I'm sorry. I couldn't find a photo of Yookyung crying. I don't discriminate her from the rest. I just had some technical issues. Forgive me.)

After Apink finished eating, I decided to turn the TV on. But before I could, Namjoo interrupted me. "Eonnie! You were with Suho-sunbaenim yesterday?" That got my attention. She held up her phone showing me a picture of Suho and I hugging. My eyes widen, as panics overwhelmed me. My heartbeat increased and my breathing quickened. I was about to grab the phone, but Yookyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter