Do You Love Her?

Expecting The Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Son Naeun’s POV

 

“Naeun-ah, come on...” our precious leader started to say, nudging my arm gently. “Tell me what’s wrong.” We were alone in the dorm room with our schedules clear for the day, lazily seated in the living room watching a drama. I knew that question was bound to make its appearance.

It wasn’t as if these words were foreign to me. For the past two weeks, they’ve somehow turned into a mantra and the beginning of all conversation directed at me. But those words came as a package, so I followed through with the same reply as always. “There’s nothing to tell, Eonnie. Nothing’s wrong. I’m okay.”

Everything is wrong. I'm not okay...

Of course, who would be careless enough to believe such lacking words. It’s rare for an ‘I’m okay’ to be true to its words – so much so, it’s almost like a fairytale; appealing but untouchable.

“If nothing’s wrong, then how come you haven’t been yourself lately?” I could hardly blame her for being so persistent, considering that she was our leader and alongside the role, she was an older sister to me and my members.

I let out a frustrated sigh and pushed myself upright before replying with, “stress. Just like every idol.”

She scoffed, obviously letting me know that she was nowhere close to believing my excuses and sad attempts at avoiding the subject. “We’ve been idols for years and I am 100% sure that this is so much more than that. I know you and I know that’s not it. I’m not stupid, Son Naeun. But it’s clear that you’re not ready to talk about it, just know that you can talk to me – to all of us.”

And that was it. After two whole weeks of keeping it in and avoiding the subject, her words were all that was needed to break the stubborn dam. For the first time since the incident with Myungsoo-oppa, I crumbled beneath the pressure and cried in the comforting arms of Chorong-eonnie and before I knew it, five more pairs of arms huddled me in a protective hug, as if shielding me from all the cruelty of the world. In silence, I cried and the girls joined in, trying to take away some of my pain because they knew that no amount of reassuring words can ever be more than this simple and touching act. That moment reminded me exactly why these girls were my forever. Apink is forever.

 

Park Chorong’s POV

 

I knew the reason why Naeun had been acting the way she was the past couple of weeks. Even a blind man would be able to sense that there was something wrong with her.

Infinite’s L.

After our tearful fiasco, we took Naeun to her bed to let her rest, knowing full well that she hadn’t been sleeping right for a while now. Initially, I was going to take a little nap before preparing dinner, but I became restless after only 15 minutes. So being the nosy leader I am, I left a note on the kitchen island letting the girls know that I would be out and to order food, before heading out and towards the source of the problem.

That was why, I stood at the door of one of Infinite’s dorms, my hand itching to ring the doorbell, but somehow, I was hesitating. Would Naeun be angry? What if I came to the wrong conclusion? What If I make things worse?

But then again... it can’t really get any worse than it already was.

With that notion, I made up my mind and pressed the doorbell, determination blazing through my veins. I didn’t have to wait long, as the door opened only half a minute later revealing my very shirtless boyfriend. And boy was he hot with those perfectly sculpted abs and the apparent V leading down to his-

“Done checking me out?”

Embarrassed but not regretful for being caught, I snapped my head up to meet his eyes, a tinge of pink colouring my cheeks. “Yah. Why would you open the door without a shirt on? What if it was someone else?” Yes, I’m a stubborn one.

He let out a small amused chuckle before scoffing. “Really? ‘Yah’? Not even a ‘hello’ or ‘how are you’? And don’t play dumb, I saw you shamelessly checking-”

Hearing enough, I took a quick step towards him, got up on my tip-toes, grabbed his face and pulled him into a needy kiss because I needed him to shut up for the sake of my non-existent pride. His arms automatically wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling me impossibly close to him and he kissed me back with as much gusto.

We finally parted when oxygen became necessary again. “Be quiet,” I instruct firmly.

His gaze almost turned my legs to jelly. He looked at me as though I was the most valuable person in this world - like he only had eyes for me. “Now I can get used to that. You should check me out more-”

This time, only a peck. “Hush.”

A deep chuckle was released from him. “Arasso.” Yes, finally. “And just so you know, I knew it was you. You’re the only girl who’s welcome to look at this gorgeous body.”

I rolled my eyes at his playful arrogance and pushed him softly before closing the door behind me. “Others should be glad they don’t have to be around that big head of yours.”

A fake-hurt expression appeared on his face. “Ouch. How dare you... This impossibly handsome face of mine? They wouldn’t be able to resist. You should be grateful that only you get the real deal. Shame on you.” He whipped his body to make his back face me whilst crossing his arms, letting out a small ‘hmph’. Ahh he was too cute.

I removed my shoes, carefully placing them to the side, before putting on the indoor slippers that Woohyun keeps in their dorm just for me. When that was all good, I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed a soft kiss on the side of his neck, feeling him tense for a moment before he relaxed in my arms. After the quick kiss, I let my feet go flat on the ground and laid my cheek against his muscular back. “I’m the luckiest girl in the world. You’re too good for me. Nam Woohyun, saranghae.”

“No.” He turned in my arms to face me, wrapping his arms around me and rested his clasped hands at my lower back. “I’m perfect for you, just as you’re perfect for me. Nado saranghae, Park Chorong.” He pressed a gentle kiss on my forehead before pulling me closer into a tight embrace.

His words tugged at my heartstrings and put me on an all-time high. My heart felt as though it melted and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter