CHAPTER 1

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter One[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]One week. It had only taken Oh Sehun one week to go from 'the new hottie at school' to 'the loner freak who doesn't talk to anyone'. It's been a month now, and his reputation still has not gone up. In fact, it shriveled up and died, then went even further downhill. Kids even hesitate to go five feet near him. 

 

Not that he minded, though. The students at Kirin High weren't particularly interesting, nor were they any intelligent. He sometimes forgot why he was even here. Then, he remember's Yifan's words. 

 

"Hunnie, do you remember Korea?" Yifan had asked him one day, in a sickly sweet voice. Immediately, Sehun knew something was up.  

 

"Of course. The country east of here, right?" Yifan just smiled and bekoned Sehun to come closer. Not wanting to anger the elder, he kneeled down in front of Yifan, his head bowed down, eyes downcast. It was the perfect picture of submission, however, if you were to look closer, you would've seen that although downcasted, Sehun's grey eyes were filled with defiance and hatred. 

 

"Hunnie, you don't have to kneel!" Yifan laughed gently, "Sit down, and I'll tell you more!" The man gestured to a seat next to him. 

 

"I'd prefer to stand, thank you," Sehun muttered monotonously, slowly rising up, head still bowed. Yifan sighs. 

 

"As rigid as ever, Hunnie. I suppose I can't persuade you no matter how hard I try." Yifan cocked his head to the side. "Now, you must be wondering why you're here. And why I asked you about Korea. Well, I've been thinking about how tiring your work is. So, I decided you should take a vacation. A break from your job. You're only sixteen, no? Go to school. Make friends. Act your age. And, if you are to ever hear something valuable, report it to me." 

 

Sehun finally looks up, and wills his eyes to look grateful; full of admiration. To mirror those of everyone else's, and to mask his disdain for the man in front of him. "Of course. I take it that Luhan will tell me more about my vacation?" 

 

"Ever the smart one, Hunnie. Take all the time you need. Oh--and remember Kim Jaejoong? Our ambassador? Get rid of him. And his family. Erase his entire existence." 

 

"May I ask why, boss?" 

 

"He's been a little difficult lately. It's getting on my nerves. Other than that, enjoy your break! You may now be dismissed. I'll see you in a few months, Hunnie." 

 

Walking through the door, Sehun still couldn't help but feel suspicious. Even more than usual. He's been working for Yifan for four years, and from what he has learned about that man, he didn't believe in breaks.  

 

Something was going on. 

 

Sehun frowns, remembering the scene from two months ago. Unsurprisingly, he was right. The reason for his so called 'vacation' was because Yifan wanted Sehun to keep in eye on the heir of Zhang Lab Corporations--Zhang Yixing. Zhang Lab Corporations, or ZLC, was a very important company that worked for Great China, and their one and only heir was finally leaving his nest and venturing out in the real world. Unfortunately for Zhang Yixing's parents, the real world was full of dangers and potential killers. So, to please them, Yifan made sure someone was there to keep Yixing out of danger--but secretly, of course. What Zhang Yixing doesn't know won't hurt him. 

 

And that was where Sehun came in. He was transferred to the same school as Yixing, to watch and make sure the little prince won't die of pneumonia or blood thirsty killers, or just anything that could potentially harm the kid. 

 

'Keep him in one piece, and as pure as snow,' Luhan had warned Sehun. Before meeting Yixing, Sehun wanted to scoff at that. The kid was a sixteen-year-old teenager. He could very well take care of himself. But now, after seeing the heir for the first time, Sehun wasn't so sure. Zhang Yixing was absent minded. Zhang Yixing was naive. Zhang Yixing was just too stupid and sheltered to live in the real world.  

 

And making friends with him was almost impossible. The little prince (a very fitting nickname in Sehun's opinion) was always surrounded by his two friends that it was impossible to talk to him alone. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem for Sehun. He could just befriend them all.  

 

It's just that the little prince's two friends were so damn protective of him. The last time a kid tried to ask out Yixing, both of his arms were broken and he had a number of bruises that wouldn't go away for weeks. As much as Sehun was confident he could beat up the both of them, he didn't need Yixing to run away from him. 

 

So, Sehun went in for a more sneaky approach. He would follow the prince around from a safe distance, and make sure no one would hurt the kid. Sehun didn't need to, really--Yixing already has his two friends to look after him. But his two friends weren't trained bodyguards and no matter how strong they were, at the end of the day, they weren't professionals, and Sehun was more qualified for the job. 

 

Sehun had begrudgingly learned to accept that fact.  

 

After a month of following the little prince around though, he was glad he decided to properly do his job, because Sehun had learned some very interesting Yixing's friends. First off, they were brothers. Kim Jongin was the younger one, being Yixing's age, and Kim Minseok was the older one by a year. Second, the Kim brothers were the opposite of each other. While Kim Kai was hot tempered and rude, Kim Minseok was patient and polite.  

 

But that wasn't what was interesting about the two of them. 

 

What was interesting was that the two brothers hated Great China. A very uncommon trait. Sehun wasn't so sure at first, but after a month of listening, he deducted that they had no idea Yixing's p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter