CHAPTER 20

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 20[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

             Minseok scratches his head, looking at the aisle of party decorations. It was intimidatingly filled to the brim with streamers and birthday hats, and he didn't know what to pick. Everything in here looked so...juvenile and obnoxiously loud. Knowing that his little brother wasn't a fan of those things, he sighs to himself and tries to sift through the kid decorations in favor of more tasteful ones.

 

             Kai—no, Jongin, was an adult now. He's turning seventeen in two days, and as his only family member left, Minseok has a duty to make sure it's a day Jongin doesn't forget. Grabbing black and white party streamers, Minseok straightens up and takes a step back to put the streamers into his cart when he bumps into a man about his height. His head meets the man's nose and he hears a yelp and a thud on the ground right after that.

 

             Groaning internally, the agent curses his luck and turns around in dismay. Just like he thought: the man fell down because of him.

 

             "I am so, so sorry," Minseok apologizes helplessly. He has no idea how powerful the man who he knocked down was, but judging by the designer suit and expensive rolex—who wears those things to a supermarket anyways? He was very influential and could ruin Minseok's life with a lift of the ring wearing pinky of his. "I didn't see you there and if I did then I would have been more careful—"

 

             "It's fine," the man laughs, waving his pretty hand dismissively. The minute he looks at the shy boy in the eyes, Minseok swears to the angels above that he found one of their lost brothers. The man had a boyish baby face just like himself, but the wise eyes gave him an appearance of someone older, more experienced. Warm doe eyes, a button nose and delicate features framed by playful golden hair contrasted the confident, sinful smirk and the lean, muscular build behind the tight black suit.

 

             The eldest Kim brother did not know if the man was the devil or god himself, he just knew that he was possibly even more good looking than Sehun.

 

             Five seconds passed and Minseok realizes he's just been standing there gaping at the man's gorgeous face instead of helping him up. Laughing awkwardly, the eighteen year-old-male firmly grasps the angel's hand in front of him and pulls him up.

 

             "Thank you," the angel smiles gratefully. The beautiful male in front of Minseok straightens up and brushes the dust off his suit as Minseok notices dreamily that the man was a mere inch taller than him and smells like Armani cologne.

 

             "I—I... uhmm... no problem," Minseok stammers. "I should be thanking you, actually, you know, for not suing me because I made you fall."

 

             "Why would I sue you for that?" The blonde laughs airily. "Any anger I had dissipated when I saw your beautiful face."

 

             "You think I have a beautiful face?" The brunet gapes. "I think you have a beautiful face too." Nice. If only he was as good at complimenting people as he was at embarrassing himself.

 

             "Thank you," the taller repeats again amusedly. He takes a step closer to Minseok and points at the party streamers. "Are you throwing someone a party?"

 

             "Yeah," Minseok nods. "My younger brother. He's turning seventeen and I don't really know what to get for him. Everything here looks a bit too loud for his tastes and I'm kind of having a mental breakdown right now."

 

             "I've noticed. You looked really lost and stared at the birthday balloon for a frighteningly long time. Have you tried the section next to this one?" The blond gestures. "They have more ah... mature themed ones. I'm guessing your brother is a bit too old for these ones right here."

 

             As the taller man leads Minseok to the other side of the store and starts suggesting decorations which Minseok took without looking at, still awestruck that a man this handsome was talking to him. At the end of this, the barely legal adult's cart was overflowing with birthday party decorations.

 

             "Thank you so much for helping me," Minseok expresses shyly. "You must've had other things to do but you still took your time to pick out items with me..."

 

             "It's all good," the man grins. "It's an honor to help someone as gorgeous as you. May I ask though... what is your name?"

 

             "I'm M—Xiumin. Li Xiumin. You?"

 

             "Huang Xiao Ming. Before I forget," Xiao Ming searches in his pockets for a pen. He pulls one out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter