CHAPTER 5

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 5[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Sehun is a lot of things. Ruthless. Sly. Intimidating. Deceitful. But not stupid. Never stupid. So who does Kim ing Kai think he is, to lie to him so casually like that? Even a blind man could see the that the tan teenager was hiding something. From his nervous, darting eyes to the slight quiver in the brunette's deep voice, Kai's dishonesty was as transparent as clear cut diamond.  

 

But, since Sehun was currently playing a clueless, ordinary school boy, he had no choice but to pretend he bought every single bull fib the other male was saying. The handsome assassin nods, and even smiles occasionally, to feign interest.  

 

Really though, all his s flew out the window the moment Kai opened his mouth.  

 

Sehun's eyes wonder around, trying to count all the different cleaning tools found in the janitor's closet. Fortunately, since the room was quite spacious and had an abundance of disinfectant agents, Sehun figures it'll keep him occupied for awhile. 

 

"So, we're having another meeting, this time at my house, today after school," Kai continues. "I'll text you the address. Can I have your number?" Remember, this is all to gain Yixing's trust. All to gain Yixing's trust. Come on. You can do this. You've never failed, and you won't fail this mission. 

 

"Yeah. Here," Sehun recites his number by memory. It wasn't his main one, the one he uses to communicate with the government. This one was the one given to complete his undercover missions, although why he couldn't use just one cell phone number for both, he had no clue. Seeing this as a chance to escape, Sehun adds hastily, "if that's all, I'll be going now. I suggest you do, too. First period is going to start in seven minutes." Not giving Kai a chance to talk back, the pale teenager heads towards the exit, and makes his way out the janitor's closet. 

 

Really, out of all the places in this colossal school, Kim Kai just had to choose the smallest, unhygienic room. Kind of ironic, how the closet with the cleaning supplies turn out to be the grimiest.  

 

The undercover assassin walks briskly to homeroom, his mood now soured. Babysitting an heir is one thing, but having to deal with his annoying friends is another. The little prince's parents had better be grateful.  

 

Suddenly, a small force bumps into his broad shoulders, followed by a hollow thud. Sehun turns around, only to be met with an ant-sized girl. Short, damaged blonde hair covers the view of her face, and the red and gold uniform did little to hide the ample amount of skin showed. She was a walking scandal.  

 

"Hey!" The girl squeaks angrily, jerking up her head. Sehun identifies her to be Go Minhee, a freshman from class 1C. "Watch where you're going, you jack—" however, the unnatural blonde stops short once she realizes that it was Sehun she ran into. Her small, dark eyes, once filled with frustration, is now replaced with fear. Obviously, Go Minhee heard about Sehun's reputation. Cocking an arrogant eyebrow, the boy scoffs, and continues walking to homeroom.  

 

I don't get paid enough for this . 

 

 

 

 

"So," Minseok starts nervously, staring at Sehun from the corner of his eye. "Thanks for walking to the market with me." While not his type, even the older had to admit Sehun was one of the most handsome males he's ever seen. Tall, lean figure. Sharp, angular features that match up with his intense gray eyes. Perfect alabaster skin that contrasts the inky raven hair. The complete opposite of Minseok. 

 

Oh Sehun was a walking definition of perfection, and Kim Minseok feels like worthless trash compared to him.  

 

"No problem," the taller drawls out in his husky voice. "Always wanted to see this side of town." The elder winces slightly, knowing what Sehun meant by, 'this side of town'. It was the poorer, middle class section of the ever-so-glamorous Seoul City. He and his younger brother, although weren't penniless, was considered to be by the rich, billionaire kids at Kirin High. Once a scholarship student, always a scholarship student. However, Minseok tries to let it go, knowing that Sehun didn't mean any harm.  

 

"But you could've spent time working with Jong—er, Kai, and Yixing," The shorter male insists. They step off the sidewalk, and crossed the street, making sure to avoid passing cars and other pedestrians. "They might find something interesting while you're gone." That's a lie. But Sehun doesn't know that, would he? 

 

"Somehow, I have a feeling that they won't find anything worth sharing to me," Sehun his head robotically. "This is the market, yes?" He changes the subject. Minseok nods, and leads the way. They walk there in comfortable silence, and reached the market in no time at all. 

 

"Let's go to the meat aisle first." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter