CHAPTER 10

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 10[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]            "What if we told you no?" Sehun's question was blunt and straightforward. There was no use to beat around the bush, not when so much was at stake.  

 

            "Simple. We erase your memories of what happened, or, if you decide to cause trouble, eliminate you." Mr. Chen easily answers. The sun was setting, the colors of the sky illuminating the young teacher's face. Sehun didn't notice it before, but the way he walked, the aura he gave off—it was incredibly familiar. The raven haired boy had seen it somewhere before, he just couldn't place his finger on it. 

 

            Walking rigidly, Sehun follows the two adults warily. They head inside the building, and was greeted with a number of rooms and the latest technology.  

 

            Everything was white. 

 

            It looked like a hospital of some sort, even a lab. LabTech may not be government funded, but it sure looks like it is. In fact, this place could rival even ZLC. His guard still up, Sehun scans the place meticulously, looking for potential exits in case something goes wrong. 

 

            "These are our more...secretive labs," Mr. Park explains. "They focus very heavily on breaking into the firewalls, and finding any dirt we can on Wu Yifan. This is how we found you guys. In fact, Jongdae here was the one who stumbled upon your files." 

 

            "Jongdae?" Minseok's eyebrows furrowed. He was standing near his younger brother, his stocky body tense and ready to pounce if any danger was to come. However, Sehun's eyes widen from the familiar name. 

 

            Jongdae. 

 

            Kim Jongdae. 

 

            This man was the one he'd met nights before, the one who offered him a position in the Resistance. How could he not have noticed before? Jongdae smirks, looking knowingly at Sehun, but says nothing. Fuming, the assassin realized that he had been played. This was the man's true face. He only knew of the rumors about Kim Jongdae—he'd be the one that always recruit the new kids, but had never seen his face. That was how he matched up Hyojin and Jongdae. But he didn't expect his teacher to be part of the Resistance. 

 

            "My real name is Kim Jongdae," he nods at them, "Mr. Park is Park Chanyeol. Call us by our first names. No formalities. We're not that old."  

           

            "How would we know that joining this organization is worth it?" Yixing voiced. His face was unusually blank, and his eyes showed no emotion. This was the boy who will be taking over Great China's biggest corporations. Not the meek, naive side he constantly showed. 

 

            "He's right, you know," Sehun's eyes glittered dangerously. He takes Yixing's words, and use them to his own advantage, "You haven't proven yourselves to be as threatening to the government as we'd like you to be. There's no use joining the losing side, especially if there's a high chance what we're doing would be all in vain." 

 

            "I knew you'd say that," Chanyeol chuckles. They head to the elevators, which was unusually spacious—in fact, if he had to guess, Sehun would say it's five times larger than the average one. Clearly, they also use the elevators to transport large items. "Well, luckily for you, we are as threatening as the web makes us out to be."  

 

            The raven haired assassin knows, more than anyone. After all, he'd been the one who had to deal with the Resistance and cover their doings from the public. 

 

            They exit the elevator, and stopped on the fourth floor. This one had much less gadgets and cameras, but Sehun knew they were still being watched relentlessly. 

 

            Jongdae opens a door, revealing a large, luxurious office. He and Chanyeol headed to a circular desk, and gestured for them to sit down. 

 

            Sehun does so in between Kai and Yixing. If anything goes wrong, he'll grab them all and make a run for it.  

 

            "So, let's start with some of our more...known accomplishments," Jongdae smirks. "You know the Fire Arm incident, right?" They all looked at each other, and nodded. It was one of the most biggest protests to ever happen—some government official had been revealed to have killed a kid for back talking him, and the citizens were livid. It led to an uproar that lasted for months, until the official had been arrested. "Well, let me tell you one thing: we had exposed the government official, and we had also helped with the protesters. Without us, they'd be killed."

 

            "Anything else?" Kai was on the edge of his chair, listening intently to everything Jongdae said. 

 

            "Well, if you must know, we also caused the downfall of Star Inc," the young teacher continues. Chanyeol stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter