CHAPTER 7

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 7[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Let's go," Sehun gestures to them nonchalantly. He leads the way to the office, and they had no choice but to follow him. Finally, he stops in front of a door, and knocks twice. He signals for Soojung to come closer to him, when the door opens.   

 

Then, without warning, he pushes her into the room roughly, and grabs a hold of her wrists. She lets out a strangled gasp, but couldn't get out of Sehun's grip.  

 

"Sehun! What are you doing?" Minseok gapes. Wordlessly, Sehun turns to the person who opened the door—probably the head of the station—and hands Soojung to the man.   

 

"Mr. Kim, I found the one who hired the assassin earlier today," the handsome boy smiles wickedly. "Here's Jung Soojung for you."  

 

"Jung Soojung?" Mr. Kim furrows his eyebrows. "Mister Oh, I thought the big sister was the perpetrator—that is what Mr. Hyojin confessed to." However, the head of the police station pulls out his handcuffs, and subdued Soojung. Kai was amazed to see how much influence and trust the paler boy had on others. 

 

"It's all an act. Part of Soojung's plan for framing her sister of attempted murder. Pretty genius if you ask me," Sehun chuckles darkly. The undercover assassin pulls out a seat from the cop's table with ease, and sits down leisurely. He crosses his legs, and smirks at Soojung, who looked stricken with shock. Kai suddenly realizes that his mouth had been wide open, and closes it with an embarrassed flush on his sun kissed skin.  

 

Sehun looks around, noting how confused everyone in the room was, and sighs. "Should I go and explain my evidence? Very well. I'd do a full body search on our little felon first, though. It's not wise to delay while Ms. Jung has an especially sharp knife hidden in her skirt pocket." The officer raises his bushy eyebrows, and reaches into her long skirt pocket. Sure enough, he pulls out one of Kai's kitchen knives. 

 

Minseok nudges the tan male, almond eyes yelling out astoundment. Kai was pretty sure he had the same look on his face. Yixing, however, was surprisingly pokerfaced, and leaned silently on the doorway. Like a doll, the heir of ZLC was emotionless, his big brown eyes were dead and revealed nothing. 

 

"I will go take Ms. Jung to our temporary prison. After I come back, Mr. Oh, you better have your evidence all ready," The head of the police station demands. He grabs Soojung, and heads out his office, closing the door with a slam. Once he was gone, the three boys looked at Sehun expectantly. 

 

"How did you—" Minseok starts, but gets cut off by the tallest of the bunch. 

 

"I saw through her lies," Sehun drawls out. "I had my suspicions at first, but the assassin thing sealed the deal. First, how did Hyojin find out where she lived? No one but you guys knew, not even Yixing, until today. Therefore, no one could've told. So how did the assassin knew she lived in this town, out of all the thousands in Great China? And why was he in the market, the exact same time Minseok was? That wasn't a coincidence, you know," Sehun looks at all of them in the eyes challengingly, daring anyone to oppose him. No one said a thing.  

 

"He wasn't planning on firing; just to make it look like a threat," He handsome teenager continues. "His gun was loaded with only three bullets, not enough to carry out his threat. I checked. And he confessed that Sooyeon hired him all too quickly, knowing that in a few hours, he'll be released, since his boss was powerful. Soojung hired him to frame Sooyeon, so she could take the company. All the running away thing had been fake, too. It was all so spotty, how she disappeared without a trace, and no way to track her. Soojung was known to be a cell phone addict, updating her SNS constantly, and never leaving without her phone. Yet, when she went 'missing', her phone was found in her room, not touched at all." 

 

"Then how did you suppose she contacted the assassin?" Kai questions haughtily. "You said she left her phone in her room. And she had to tell the assassin where Minseok is." 

 

"Soojung used yours," Sehun answers dully. "You told me earlier that she likes to use your phone a lot, and that she liked to know where you guys were at all times. Was that not suspicious to you?" Digging into his pocket, the lanky boy pulls out a wallet that wasn't his. "This is what I found on the assassin earlier. I looked through his phone, and realized that his call logs had your number in it. It all made sense when you told me her habits. So, thank you." Wide eyed, Kai frantically fumbles through his phone, and looks at his call logs, and the assassin's phone number. 

 

It was a perfect match. 

 

The room was engulfed by silence, until Yixing finally spoke. "I've met Soojung a couple of times during dinner parties. She'd always been arrogant and spoke ill of Sooyeon, but I had no clue her hatred for her sister went that deep. Besides. I know acting. The confident way Soojung had acted before she got arrested was not fake. She truly believed she could get away with it. Her other act, the one Kai found her in, that was a lie." 

 

The undercover assassin looks up, and made eye contact with Yixing. An amused smile on his face, Sehun leans back on his chair comfortably, and chuckles, 

 

"See? Now all I need is for the chief of this department to come back. This will no doubt make the news." 

 

 

 

 

It did make the news. After hours and hours of hard grilling, Jung Soojung, one of the heiresses to Jung Corps, finally cracked. She was f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter