CHAPTER 2

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 2[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Jung Soojung. Missing heiress from the Jung Corps. Last seen at a club with her boyfriend, it is suspected that he has something to do with her disappearance. If found, please contact your nearest police station for a high reward of one million yuan," A small, yet intimidating reporter announces. Her big, soulless eyes seem to stare right back at Sehun as she speaks monotonously. He sighs, running a hand through his raven hair. "Now, back to Xiao Fei with the weather." Sehun grabs the TV remote and deftly presses the power button, watching the wide screen shut off. 

 

"Jung Soojung, huh?" He muses. "Well, I guess Jung Corps didn't suffer that much of a lost. After all, the older sister is still alive and fit to run the business." Sehun smiles hollowly to himself, a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the older sister was responsible for the disappearance." He leans back in his couch, eyes slowly closing. Sehun ponders at the chances of that happening, before his train of thought derails from a phone call. He scowls, before picking it up. 

 

The contact reads #4009, the code name for Mission Alert. "Hello," Sehun answers flatly. "This better be important--I'm on a hiatus right now." 

 

"It's always a pleasure talking to you too, Hunnie," A raspy voice chuckles. "Oh, I'm sorry. Only Yifan is allowed to call you that, right?" 

 

"Tell me why you're calling. I don't have the time, nor patience for this, Huang Zitao." The man on the other line stops laughing, but still doesn't fully take Sehun seriously.  

 

"If you insist," Zitao relents. "The reason I am calling you is to let you know about your new target. Tsubasa Mikyori. She's the daughter of a Japanese merchant, and she's staying in Seoul for awhile. We need you to kidnap her and give a ransom note to her father. Tell him to work with Great China, or else you'll kill Tsubasa. Easy enough right? The information will be emailed to you shortly. Memorize it fast, the file will self destruct in twenty minutes." 

 

"I'm on a break," Sehun points out. Leaning back in his couch, he allows himself to relax for a few seconds. "And a break means no work, incase you haven't figured that out. Ask someone else." 

 

"Don't be difficult. This job better be done within the next two weeks, Skull Reaper. You only have five months left of your vacation. Don't push it." The line disconnects, and just like that, Sehun is left alone again. 

 

"One day," Sehun growls, "One day I'll rip out your intestines and feed them to you, right after I kill Yifan." Flinging his phone somewhere on his couch, Sehun irritably stomps to his main bathroom and closes the door. Slowly opening one of his drawers, he pulls out a short, silvery wig, royal purple contacts, and a skull mask. The attire of his alter ego, Skull Reaper. Looking in the mirror, Sehun compares his usual looks to that of the fearsome assassin's. His long onyx locks greatly contrasted that of the fake ivory wig, and his naturally grey eyes paled in comparison to the vibrant purple contacts.  

 

Skull Reaper and Oh Sehun looked nothing alike, yet somehow were the same people. 

 

"Looks like you'll be resurfacing sooner than I thought, huh?" Sehun chuckles bitterly. He slowly turns his wig around, his psychotic smile getting bigger and bigger. "Shame I can't kill the girl just yet. My hands have been itching to use the new pocket knife." Carefully putting the stuff back, he heads back to the living room.  

 

Time to learn as much about Tsubasa Mikyori as possible. Then maybe, his thirst for blood will lessen. 

 

 

 

 

"What to do, what to do?" Kai paces around his room nervously. He bites his lips, never slowing his pace.  

 

"Your legs are going to fall off if you don't stop," Minseok responds dully. "Sit down."  

 

"I'm sorry if I'm worried about our safety," Kai snaps, plopping down on his waterbed. He grabs his laptop and turns it on impatiently, hoping for something to keep him active. Quickly typing 'Oh Sehun' in one of the search engines, the brunette hopes for the best and that a secret record of the mysterious boy will appear. 

 

No such luck. It was only filled with regular student information. 

 

"What are you doing?" Minseok peers from behind his shoulder. "Searching up Sehun? What could you possibly find?" He snorts. "Kirin High already did their research. If they can't find anything suspicious about him, you wouldn't be able to either." 

 

"Kirin High is ran by a bunch of idiots who care more about their reputation than their students," Kai dismisses. "I'm sure they got blinded by his wealth and let him in immediately. Who knows? Maybe he's secretly an assassin working for the government of Great China. It could happen." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter