CHAPTER 12

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 12[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]            Sehun sits idly in his chair, legs lazily crossed, grey eyes staring intently on the red rose placed in the middle of the restaurant's table. As authentic as it looked, with every detail of a real rose meticulously drawn on, the flower looked too perfect, too flawless, to be genuine. The assassin fiddles with the smooth, gold button on his dress sleeve, head cloudy with foreboding. Although their targets had not arrived yet, his imagination runs wild with possible scenarios.  

 

            This wasn't like his usual solo missions, but rather a team mission. He had to be careful of the others—if they find him suspicious, his cover is done for.  

 

            Minseok taps on his shoulder wordlessly, the stocky teen cocking his head to the front entrance. There, in person, was the great government official Go Jaeyoon, and the Thai merchant, Bhuwulkul Kunpimook. Sehun eyes Kai from the other side of the room, and nods to him. 

 

            "They're here," Yixing softly speaks, his voice carrying into their earpieces. The boy wasn't in the building with them, but he saw everything through the hacked cameras located inside their van in the parking lot. "Turn on your devices." 

 

            Switching the hidden camera sewed into his bow, the tall assassin also adjusts his mask. For this particular mission, he was wearing the face of a young, plain faced male in his early twenties. 

 

            "Remember," Minseok mutters to him, twirling his fork, "Don't stare at them too much, and eat your food. If it looks like the deal went sour, we protect the merchant at all costs." 

 

            "Got it." Sehun pretends to listen to the older teen's lecture, but his attention was undivided on the other couple in the back of the restaurant. Two males, well dressed, but plain looking were leisurely talking. Mindlessly picking up his spoon, he looks down at his soup, fighting the urge to lead his mind astray. 

 

            He could not afford to mess this up.  

 

 

 

            The deal, according to Yixing and Jongdae, went well. The merchant was not in any danger, and they were successful. The two had agreed on a set compromise, and by thirty minutes later, they were ready to exit the restaurant. Minseok, however, in his haste, spilled his full glass of wine on Sehun's dress shirt. The taller boy sighs, but does nothing to clean it up. Minseok apologized several times, to which he accepted tiredly. Still feeling bad, however, he offers to give the boy a ride home, but Sehun declines, saying he would rather call a taxi.  

 

            The moment they met up with Yixing and Jongdae, Sehun had disappeared, excusing himself to clean up the stain. Twenty minutes later, he comes back, his white dress shirt looking brand new. Jongdae and Kai said something about him being a neat freak, but Minseok decides to ignore it, focusing on the footage they took. 

 

 

 

+Twenty Minutes Before+ 

 

            The moment he was out of sight, from both his team and any suspecting cameras, Sehun bolted, going as fast as his long legs could allow. He heads to a secluded area near the restaurant, pulling off his mask, and ing his suit and shirt to reveal black mission gear underneath. He silently curses Tao for giving him this mission, and pulls out his phone to call the Chinese male.  

 

            "Has he left yet?" No time for greetings, no energy wasted on being friendly. "Where's my taxi?" 

 

            "He's leaving in a few. Your taxi is located in Seki Park, near a stop sign. You better hurry up—the real driver that we subdued won't be asleep for long." 

 

            Sehun grits his teeth, but finds the taxi, and gave the unconscious driver another sleeping pill for extra precautions, before stuffing the man in the trunk. He puts on his disguise as quickly as he could, and proceeds to drive the car in a way that would make professional sports car racers pee their pants. 

 

            He arrives, two minutes later, just as the merchant walked out of the diner. The old man thanks the assassin cheerfully, as he enters the car, unaware of his impending doom.  

 

            "Drive me to Raon Hotel," he tells Sehun. With a nod, the boy starts his car, not bothering to make small talk. After a few seconds of awkward silence, however, the adult decides to speak up once again. 

 

            "So, young man, why are you driving taxis when you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter