CHAPTER 8

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]Chapter 8[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]It's been two days since Sehun has last seen Kim Jongdae. While the thought of that was heartwarming, it's strangely making him more paranoid, like a piece of his sanity being chipped off, little by little, every hour the Resistance doesn't come. From what he knew, the Resistance was very persistent, and this certainly won't be the last time he's going to see them again. 

 

Growling, the assassin impatiently taps on his school desk, waiting for the final bell to ring. Sometimes, he wished he never agreed to take the break Yifan offered him. It was nice not working, but the mundane routine he had developed in the past month and a half had bored him immensely.  

 

He looks out the window, noting that a small class of freshman were playing around the wide, open field. In a twisted sort of way, it reminded him of the battles he fought on the front lines, when Yifan needed a general to capture more foreign land.  

 

Someone nudges him. Feeling a burst of irritation, Sehun turns around, frown carved across his handsome face, only to be greeted by Mr. Chen, his homeroom teacher. The young teacher had his hands on his hips, staring into Sehun's onyx eyes with a disappointed expression. 

 

"Mr. Oh, would you mind telling me why you are not listening to my lecture?" The class snickers, glad that the aloof boy was getting scolded.  

 

"I already know all the material. Listening to it again is incredibly redundant and a waste of my time. The only reason I show up to these damn classes is because attendance counts for grades," Sehun states matter-of-factly. He sees a little twitch in his teacher's left eye, and a slight shake in his hands. A sign that the man was agitated with him. 

 

"Is that so?" Mr. Chen grits out. "Then I suppose you wouldn't mind answering number ten on the board?"  

 

The boy quickly glances at the smart board. Zeroing on question number ten, Sehun answers it with ease.  

 

"Twenty nine," the teenage boy drawls out. "Can I be left alone now?" Without waiting for the man's approval, Sehun goes back to watching outside the window, zoning out on everything else. 

 

He would kill for something exciting to happen. 

 

 

 

 

"So, here's the plan," Kai claps his hands together. "We find something bad about the government through their files, and post it online." They were in his room, and were plotting on...you guessed it. Destroying the government. Lounging on the younger brother's office chair, Sehun was bored out of his mind and wanted more than anything else to be back in Beijing.  

 

He may hate the government, but there's no way these kids before him could do much damage to the Great China Empire. The assassin had to admit, they were close when he was offered a job as part of the Resistance, but Sehun had no plans on joining the rebel organization, with the kids or not—the whole thing was just an excuse to get out of it.  

 

Only reason he's here?  

 

Zhang Yixing.  

 

The little prince needed his protection, and in order to do his job correctly, Sehun had to find any excuse possible to stay close to him. 

 

"Don't bother searching through government files," Sehun advises, crossing his legs in an arrogant manner. "It won't be much use—they keep all their dark secrets inside a totally different type of web. You trying to hack that would be like me trying to cut paper with a butter knife—you're using the wrong tools, and it's stupid to even think about trying." 

 

Kai makes an irritated noise, running a frustrated hand through his dark brown hair. 

 

"Sehun is right, Kai," Yixing pipes up. He was flipping through the channels on TV mindlessly, not really looking for a specific show. "I'm sure that only the really important people in politics know what's really going on. The other politicians are just as clueless as we are." The heir doesn't add that he knows people they're looking for, doesn't add that he knows them personally, that one of them is his fiance.  

 

"Yeah," Minseok sighs. "I think our best luck is to look around the Dark Web, see if we can find anything there." The Dark Web—it was the complete opposite of the surface web, the one most common to users around the globe. A thousand times bigger, and a thousand times more secretive and illegal. The government first made it to secure their files, but it backfired when people started using it for highly shady purposes like human trafficking, drug exchanges, and the all time favorite: ography.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter