CHAPTER 9

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]Chapter 9[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]They were close to the library. Then, Mr. Chen takes an unexpected turn to an empty classroom. He leads them in, and then closes the door. It was too late when Kai realized that his teacher was holding a gun in his hands.  

 

"Hands up, and don't struggle," Mr. Chen smiles sweetly. His angelic expression contrasts the threatening gun in his hands, long thin fingers on the trigger, ready to pull at a second's notice. "Do anything suspicious, and I'll shoot. I'm trained, so don't think about trying to escape."  

 

They froze. Kai from fear, Yixing from shock, and Sehun from amusement. The undercover assassin faintly smiles, eyes silently daring the man to pull the trigger. However, he does nothing to resist. 

 

"Now, here's what's going to happen," The warm, joking façade was gone, replaced with a cold and calculative look on Mr. Chen, "We'll walk to the roof without causing any trouble. I won't bind you in any way, but I still expect you all to follow my directions. My top students, you can comprehend the simple rules, yes?" Kai nods, unsure. "The moment you walk out that door, pretend everything's fine. If not, I'll shoot." 

 

He opens the door, and pockets the gun in his large jacket. Kai sees that along with that gun, he's also got a multitude of weapons stashed in there. His throat tightens, a dreadful feeling bubbling inside his stomach. If Mr. Chen, the most beloved teacher in Kirin High School, was actually a fake and wanted them dead, the shocked student didn't want to know what the others were hiding. 

 

The teacher opens the door, and with an innocent smile, gestures for them to go first. Surprisingly, Sehun was the first to recompose himself and walked out like nothing happened. Yixing followed, and soon after, Kai went in front of Mr. Chen. While he looked nonchalant on the outside, the tan male was no doubt sweating bullets on the inside. 

 

They walked to the rooftop. The moment Kai walks out the door, the strong winds almost knocked him over. His brown hair gets caught in his mouth, and he feels completely out of his element. Waving his arms around, Kai stops short with envy when he spots Sehun. The taller male looked like a model walking on the runway, the wind making him look even more unreal. This shouldn't be possible—Oh Sehun should look like an awkward monkey, not a prince from a fairy tail. The jealous male huffs, and speeds up his pace, when Sehun suddenly stops. He bumps into the pale boy's back in surprise, then his face morphed into irritation. 

 

"Watch where you're going, you rude little—" Kai stops short when he sees Yixing's wide eyes and gaped mouth. He looks towards their gaze, and with a shock, realizes that there was a helicopter parked on the roof.  

 

"See that handy dandy helicopter?" Mr. Chen chuckles. "I suggest you all go inside before I lose my patience." Yixing was the first to move. Sehun second. However, Kai didn't move a millimeter. 

 

Why should he follow the orders of some cocky spy? His threats were just bull, anyways. If he wanted them dead, he would've shot them a long time ago, instead of making them go through such tedious tasks. No, Mr. Chen or whatever his real name was wanted Kai alive, and he wouldn't risk injuring them.  

 

"Are you moving, or will I have to bring my gun out?" The young teacher barks, stepping closer to Kai. However, the rebellious teenager stood his ground, face set in a defiant expression. He could hear his friend's footsteps stop. They were watching, silently but intently. 

 

"Bring your gun out," Kai snaps, raising his chin. "I'm not going anywhere, and your coward won't make m—" Suddenly, a hand clamps themselves around his mouth from behind and pulls him towards a hard, defined chest. Soft, black hair tickles the side of his face. A handsome face makes its way into his peripheral vision. Kai's heart rate increases dramatically. 

 

"It'll be wise to do as he says," Sehun whispers into his ear. The low voice sends shivers into his body, and with a flush, Kai realizes that he's never been this close to someone he wasn't related to. "Let's not cause any unnecessary trouble, Jongin."  

 

"H-how did you move so fast?" Yixing's voice snaps the tan male out of his thoughts. Kai looks back, and sees that Yixing was ten meters away from him. Sehun must've been, too. But in a matter of milliseconds, the mysterious boy was now pressed up against Kai. There was no way a regular person could move that fast, and they all knew it. Yet, here Sehun was, not breaking a bead of sweat from the run. 

 

Even Mr. Chen looked momentarily surprised, but he hid it quickly. Kai jerks his body, embarrassed. Sehun, however, only gripped tighter, and swung the red faced boy towards the helicopter. With an arm still on Kai's waist, Sehun leads him to the aircraft silently, completely at ease. The tan male doesn't do anything about the arm around him, instead, he subconsciously moved closer.  

 

'An excuse to get in the helicop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter