CHAPTER 4

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 4[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Yixing enters the hallway, and places his hand on the scanner next to the door to his room. Once the handprint was approved, he moved for the machine to scan his eyes. Security was extremely tight and advance here, because of the valuable information stored in this building. The pale boy opens the door, only to find someone he wasn't expecting in it.   

 

It was his fiance. Kim Suho, one of Wu Yifan's most trusted advisors.   

 

"Hello, my love," Suho greets calmly, showing his pearly whites, before moving forward with his arms stretched wide to hug Yixing. "I've missed you dearly." 

 

"S-Suho," Yixing chokes in surprise. The door closes with a slam behind him, as he lets go of the cold doorknob. "What are you doing here?" He moves in for the hug, slowly embracing the elder. 

 

"It's been months since I've seen you, XingXing," Suho grins, using Yixing's pet name. Suho gently pats his fiance's hair, hugging Yixing tighter. "It was supposed to be a surprise, at dinner. With Luhan and Zitao. But I couldn't wait to see my beautiful baby." The younger blushes, and detaches himself from Suho gently. 

 

Even years after knowing each other, the elder still gives Yixing butterflies.  

 

"So how are you?" Yixing smiles. He walks inside the big, white living room, and sits down on the couch. Suho follows happily. 

 

"Stressed. Luhan is wondering around again, and Zitao refuses to listen to what I say," Suho sighs dramatically. The older joins Yixing on the couch, and rests his head on the younger's lap. "You're the only one who makes my worries disappear, love." 

 

"Let's have a drink to loosen you up, hmm?" Yixing suggests innocently. 

 

 

 

 

Yixing sits up from his king sized bed, looking at the sleeping man besides him sadly. He takes the blankets, and cover up Suho's shirtless body, and looks around for his own shirt. 

 

They both were unclothed. 

 

But they didn't do it. No matter how many times Yixing had begged, his fiance never took advantage of his body.  

 

No matter how much he wanted it. 

 

"I don't feel right, doing it with a minor," Suho once said to him. "After marriage, XingXing. Maybe when you turn seventeen." 

 

Inhaling sharply, the little prince gets up as quietly as he could, and salvages both his and Suho's clothes. It was the least he could do, after using the man. Yixing folds them both, and heads to his closet for a new set of clothes. He dresses simply; a white dress shirt, and hugging khakis. Yixing knew it wasn't exactly what was in style these days, but everyone in this institute wore it, and he had to fit in. If he wanted to erase what happens earlier, then he has to start with physical appearances.  

 

Inside though, traces of the events can still be found. 

 

His skin was still feverish hot from his lover's heated touches, his lips still bruised from the charred kisses, and his heart was still jumping from the sweet words whispered in his ears. 

 

Shaking his head, Yixing clears away those thoughts. Now is not the time to be distracted. Suho might wake up any minute now, and he will suspect something had happened. Then, the tip he gathered from the man will all go to waste. 

 

He walks out, and glances at the half-empty wine glasses on the bedside table. He needed to dispose of them, before someone finds out it was drugged, and laced with truth serum. It wasn't painfully obvious; Yixing only added a few drops of it—but just to make sure.  

 

The heir grabs them both, and dumps the contents in the sink. Then, he gets rid of the glass by throwing them in the dispenser. 

 

Now, to go see what his father has been really up to. And fast, before the dinner party starts. 

 

 

 

 

"Sir, I don't think you understand," Yixing waves his hand frustratedly. Dealing with new security is always a pain; they take their job too seriously, and never bother listening to people younger than them. As in, people like Yixing. "I need to get access to the seventy-eighth floor," the heir emphasizes. He remembers Suho's drunken words, his deep voice drawing out,  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter