Prologue

The Empire's Downfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Prologue[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2]Even at the age of fourteen Oh Sehun was acknowledged as the greatest fighter to have ever lived. His speed was outstanding, his endurance levels were off the roof, and his strength was unparalleled.  

 

That was not what made him so special, though.  

 

It was his mind that made him superior. Oh Sehun was ruthless. He was calculating. Logical. Sadistic. Apathetic. Everything you could ever ask for from an assassin.  

 

Which was why he was the perfect man for this mission. 

 

Quietly jumping from one roof to the next, Sehun observes his target. It was a middle aged man in his early 40s, with thinning hair and faint wrinkles. Despite that though, Sehun had to admit he was quite the looker, with a tall, lean build and brilliant smile. If he didn't know any better, he would've mistaken that man for a celebrity. And his name...Kim something. Sehun never bothered to remember his victims, unless there was something important about them. This man was not one of the important ones. He was just an ordinary guy with an ordinary job, ordinary family, and an ordinary life.  

 

Cocking his head, Sehun squints closely. Sight had never been a problem for him, but it was midnight and ink black, and his built-in night vision was due for a check up. 

 

"So," A faint voice comes from his earpiece. "Did you find him yet?" Sehun murmurs an inaudible, 'yes', hoping his small microphone picked up his throat vibrations. "Good," the voice praises, "He got a text telling him to go outside. In a few minutes, it'll tell him to go behind the nearest supermarket. It'll be abandoned. I think you know what to do next. Make sure to dispose of his body correctly, we don't want anyone to find his corpse."  

 

Sehun growls in acknowledgement, already running towards his prey. The earpiece disconnects, leaving Sehun unaided. Just how he likes it. 

 

He ducks down, letting the darkness mask his presence. Never letting his guard down, Sehun watches the handsome male stand outside his house in confusion, occasionally checking his phone nervously. 'If I shoot him now,' Sehun muses, 'instead of waiting for the idiot to go to the damned supermarket, will I get away with it? My gun is a silent one, and it'll be a clean shot.' Then suddenly, the man's phone beeps. He scans it, his wrinkled face growing more and more pale by the minute. Sehun grins venomously. Finally.  

 

As predicted, Sehun's target starts running to the supermarket. Or, as Sehun likes to put it, his death. Jumping up, Sehun runs after him, leaping from roof to roof, sometimes having to scale up a particularly high one. Sehun finally stops after climbing up the two story grocery story. Chuckling, he realizes he beat his prey there. 'I was deliberately slowing down, too. Is he really that slow?' Reaching in his back pocket, he pulls out his knife. Sehun originally planned to end the man's life with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter