I Love Him

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The title is... I love him by DingDang (Autumn's Concerto OST) since I couldn't find any suitable  kpop song that I like for this hahaha anyway 

 

Only if I have the gut to fight for you directly, perhaps… I need not seeing you silently like this. I don’t need to love you like this.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Could he be…?

 

My mind went blank as he wrapped my wound with that handkerchief. I swore it’s the same exact handkerchief I got from the boy that appeared before me the first time I entered the 1998 era. Then… could it be Yunho?

 

I’ve always thought it was Siwon. Since the first time I stepped into this time travel world, I’ve always thought Siwon is my destiny. But… I couldn’t have been wrong all this time, could I?

 

That Choi that was written on it, I’ve always thought that it meant Choi Siwon. But hearing Yunho’s story just now… Could it be him?

 

I gathered all my strength to voice out, deciding to seek the truth, “I think… I’ve never seen this handkerchief somewhere… it’s unique, is it custom made?”

 

“Ah.. this?” Yunho explained, “This was done by my mother when I was still four. She made three of this, for my dad, me and her.”

 

His face seemed to have sunk in the sadness of her mother’s memory, yet he added, “I brought mine and my mom’s when I left the house.”

 

“So… you have another one of this?” Jaejoong asked carefully, trying to locate the whereabouts of the other handkerchief. But one thing for sure, that his hunch was correct, that it belonged to Yunho, not Siwon.

 

“I did. But I gave it away to someone, about ten years ago. He hurt himself, and I gave it to him without thinking much.”

 

“Can I… ask why you gave it to him? I thought this is such a meaningful memory for you and your mom..”

 

“I don’t know. I had no idea why. But, the second I saw that person, I fell in love with his dorky side, and didn’t give it a further thought. I guess I hope that person to remember me, even though he didn’t even know who I was. Well, I’m a bit embarrassed to say this, but.. He’s actually my master’s son.”

 

Without realizing, a smile curved up on my lips. I felt touched by that confession. But he didn’t even know he is confessing. But… now all I wanted to do is…

 

Pulling him into a hug, and yes I did that. I could feel he gasped in shock when he felt my arms around his neck.

 

“I found you! I found you!” I screamed, which caused us to gain attention, but I couldn’t care less.

 

“Jae Young ssi… the others are looking,”

 

I broke the hug, and dragged him to the roof. I know he must be thinking that I’m weird for acting in such a way, but I know we need some privacy and that’s what we will get in the roof.

 

I sped up and by the time we reached the roof, we were both out of breath.

 

“Jae Young ssi… What are you trying to do?”

 

I was trying to catch my breath, but without delaying any longer, I pulled off my wig and he gasped upon realizing that I was indeed Jaejoong.

 

“Jae…”

 

Writer’s POV

 

“I’m sorry for deceiving you, Yun…”

 

Yunho seemed to be still in shock. So he was like telling his past to his crush, and even that confession earlier. Now that everything was rushing into his mind, his face turned red in embarrassment. He thought he would be angry like how the boy will get mad at the girl after being deceived like in Korean dramas. But he didn’t feel the urge to get mad, or upset. He was more embarrassed on top of all that.

 

“So just now… I just co.. con…”

 

“Confessed to me indirectly.” Jaejoong chuckled, causing Yunho to blush out of shyness and lower his head to hide the obvious blush on his cheeks. But there was a sense of relieve sipping in his heart. Those words he had longed to say, he was finally able to say it out, though indirectly.

 

“Sorry, Jae… I must have not known my place.”

 

“Why be sorry?”

 

Yunho lifted his head, “What do you mean?”

 

By the time Yunho lifted his head, he noticed Jaejoong was already facing him too close. Till he could even feel Jaejoong’s breathe on him. His eyes widened as Jaejoong pulled him closer for a kiss, circling Yunho’s neck with his arms. It was too sudden for him to digest anything, but soon after he was able to adapt, he responded the kiss and deepened the kiss. They stayed that way for quite a long time, as if that kiss represented the longing they have kept for each other all this time. And they broke it when they ran out of breath.

 

Still keeping their distance close with his arms around Yunho’s shoulder, Jaejoong muttered, “this.. is my answer.”

 

“Jae..”

 

“I love you, Yunho yah.”

 

“But Jae…”

 

“I love you and you love me. Isn’t that all that matters?”

 

“But you need to marry Siwon.”

 

Jaejoong froze when he was reminded how he was supposed to marry Siwon to obey his father’s will. He totally forgot it. He always does, whenever he was with Yunho.

 

Even when Jaejoong opened his eyes the next morning, Yunho’s words were still haunting him.

 

“But you need to marry Siwon.”

 

He messed up his hair. That quote just ruined his mood that morning. And Yunho told him he wouldn’t come for a morning kiss and morning hug anymore and that he would give Jaejoong some space to learn to love his future husband.

 

Annoyed, Jaejoong wanted to see his eonni to see if they can cancel the marriage. But what he saw as he opened Ji Hyo’s room’s door was the image of his sister wearing all black fashion, staring sadly at the photo of their dad.

 

“Eonni… What happened?” Jaejoong asked carefully as he sat next to his sobbing sister.

 

“Joongie yah. Today’s our father’s death anniversary. Do you remember?”

 

Jaejoong was silent, and seeing that, Ji Hyo added, “You always forget it every year, Joongie yah.”

 

“You’re going to his tomb now?”

 

“I just came home from there. You slept so soundly, so I didn’t wake you up.”

 

“You should have…”

 

“Sorry. I thought I wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter