Hug

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the smallest gesture becomes a ritual, one will realize that he can’t live without that, from now onwards.

 

Jaejoong's POV

1998.

1998.

1998.

 

I kept repeating that word in my mind while walking back forth. Is that why I’m small now? That I’ve returned to my 12 years old body? Is this even a real thing?

 

“God! I never thought it’s real until I realized how my body has shrunk!” Junsu said, still examining his own cheeks, even pinching them to make sure it wasn’t a dream.

 

“But how do we go back? We can’t leave on our own will right? That Changmin will schedule it for us?” Yoochun added.

 

This just doesn’t make sense at all.

 

I was still staring blankly at Junsu and Yoochun when I heard a person calling out.

 

“Young Master!” A man in suit ran to our directions. His built was tall, strong and muscular. I thought he wasn’t referring to us, but he did. And he bowed at me.

 

What? He bowed at me?

 

I didn’t feel good when he did as I started to sense something weird. Am I possibly his master or something?

 

“Young master. I’ve been looking for you around the school. Are you ready to go home now?” he said, speaking formally, and I’m now positive that I’m indeed his master.

 

I exchanged looks with Junsu and Yoochun before saying, “this… they are.. my friends. Can I bring them.. home?”

 

. I’m stuttering. It’s weird af.

 

“Sure, young master.”

 

 

The car arrived safely in a really big mansion. Let me correct it. Huge mansion. And yea it’s familiar. It’s just my home like it is in 2015. But the feeling’s different. It just is. I feel like I’m home after a really long time.

 

The moment I stepped into the mansion, I heard a man’s voice echoed throughout the mansion. Familiar? No. I don’t think I ever heard of that.

 

“Kim Ji Hyo! Get back to your room now. There’s no way I’m going to let you meet that Song Joong Ki anymore!” the man voiced out.

 

I could see the scene of my eonni, seems much younger of course, she was standing with her head looking down, seeming afraid of the man who sat on the couch. Is he… my father?

 

Just the thought that he’s my father was enough to make me happy that I can finally see him in person. Dad has always been just a word I use to refer to the person I see only in his picture. I never got to touch him or anything. At least, that’s from where I lost memories. When I woke up, he was already gone.

 

Ji Hyo eonni had ever stated that my mom died not long after giving birth to me, as she lost too much blood. As for my dad, I did saw his face on the picture. A big portrait of his has always been hanging on the wall in the living room. But I have never got to know or remember, how does it feel like to call someone daddy?

 

He looks big, but seem to be weak. Most of his hair were white already by then. Wrinkles are spread all over his face, and his eyebags were big.

 

Before I could memorize any further detail of that man, he turned to me, noticing my presence, with Junsu and Yoochun by my side.

 

He smiled before saying, “Joongie yah. You’re home?”

 

I smiled and bowed to greet him, before proceeding to come closer. I don’t know how I lost control over myself when I found myself embracing him. It’s the first time that I touched him, and hugged him. I silently thanked Changmin for letting me have this moment. Even I can’t remember any of my memories with him, I’m happy enough to be able to see him in person by now.

 

“Yes, daddy. I’m home. And I miss you so much.”

 

I could hear Junsu and Yoochun chuckled behind my back. Perhaps I look weird to them, but I couldn’t care. I just miss my daddy. It feels like a dream that I get to see him.

 

I let go of the hug, and as soon as I did, my dad’s gaze averted to the two boys on my back, which were none other than Yoochun and Junsu.

 

“Joongie yah. Who are they?”

 

“Ah, they are my friends, dad.” I said, “They… are lost, since their parents are out of the country. So.. I offered them to stay in our place…”

 

My dad’s eyes stared at them sharply, before getting up and observing and taking a closer look at each of them. I could see Junsu and Yoochun’s face tensed up. Trying to save them, I tug dad’s right arm and gave him the cutest puppy eyes I could ever made, “pleaseeee. Daddy, pleaseeeee…”

 

He turned to me and laughed, “Sure Joongie yah! I’m just glad that you offer to help your friends when they are in need. They look like good boy. And if it’s our Joongie’s best buddies. Why would I say no?”

 

“Thank you daddy!” I said loudly, almost screaming, before hugging dad once more.

 

Ji Hyo eonni who earlier pouted, now turned into a big smile, before pinching Junsu’s right cheek with her left hand. And Yoochun’s left with her right.

 

“Omooooo… you two are so cuteee!” she said in happiness, “can I just date minors like you?”

 

Before she could get any cheesier, my dad seemed to have remembered something as he hit his forehead with his palm. He then ordered one of the maid to get something? I don’t know what he is signaling her to.

 

Not long after, a young boy at around my age entered the scene. He’s pretty tall for kids around our age, and his brown eyes are something that’s not easily forgotten. His face was so small like I can ever cover his whole face only with a palm. And yes. His scent feels familiar, like vanilla scent? Where did I feel this before? It’s so familiar but it’s not something I can remember easily.

 

“Joongie yah. This is Jung Yunho. From now on, he’s going to be your personal butler, so he’ll keep your company always, at home, in school, or wherever.”

 

“Only me? What about eonni?”

 

“I expected him to take care of Ji Hyo as well, but…”

 

Ji Hyo eonni immediately cut off before dad could finish, “I’m an adult already as I’m seventeen by now. So I can take care of myself. So this boy is all for you, Joongie.”

 

I pouted.

 

I thought I would be able to freely roam around anywhere to get my memories back, but with this Jung Yunho around, I guess he’ll keep an eye on me like every moment.

 

 

We were playing monopoly, me, Ji Hyo eonni, Junsu and Yoochun. I loved how eonni looks so happy playing with us, compared to how she looked when dad was scolding her, telling her not to meet Joong Ki hyung any longer. Well, the three of us also enjoyed the togetherness that night, but…

 

That Jung Yunho is just standing by the wall, as if he’s watching over me. If it’s only for awhile, perhaps I won’t feel so bothered. But the fact that he had been standing there for the whole time… Drove me crazy enough to walk up to him after eonni, Junsu and Yoochun had gone to their own room.

 

“Yunho ssi…” I started, “can you… stop loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter