The Same Regret

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeay chapter 10! Please read till the end because I'm having a poll at the end

 

Regrets come at the end, as if they’re a punishment for someone being foolish. Perhaps we know we’re going to regret over something, but we opted to ignore that to save our pride.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

“I love him.”

 

It seemed to take her awhile before getting back to her senses and tapped my shoulder. Well, I expected a slap from her, but she didn’t. I know it. She’s still my lovely sister won’t try to hurt me.

 

“Joongie yah…” she said and cupped my cheeks afterwards to make me stare into her eyes directly, “look at me, Joongie yah..”

 

“Do you love him?”

 

I nodded, “Can I… not marry Siwon?”

 

“You know what? Your dad had always loved you, and I have too, for the whole twenty two years. And I know he will be happy if he sees you happy. But… Do you think you have the heart to disobey his last words?”

 

My mouth went shut that instant. I thought I could hear my heart dropped to the ground and broke. I know I don’t really remember my father, but at least, during the short memories I got during the time travel was enough to explain that he indeed was a good person, a caring and loving dad. And this person standing in front of me now, there’s no doubt she’s one of the most important person to me, forever, And now she’s asking me if I would go against my father’s words? My heart told me to, but my mind hasn’t lost its sanity enough to say yes.

 

She caressed my hair gently and smiled with tears forming on her eyes, “I know how it felt. It’s just like when dad told me I shouldn’t love Joong Ki. Dad has been telling me to stop seeing him, no matter how much I told him I loved that man, and I didn’t stop seeing him only because dad told me to. I guess when it involves love, we can’t really be tamed.”

 

I just continued to look into her eyes, waiting for her continuation. I hope I could decide on something if I know what happened to her and Joong Ki hyung.

 

“I felt sorry when dad passed away, and I was still dating Joong Ki behind his back. Even till now, it haunts me. I know dad only wanted the best for me, and he thought Joong Ki wasn’t the best for me. But even till now, I’m still seeing him, even if I feel bad for going against my dad. But, parents’ hunch is not always correct. Sometimes it’s yours that’s correct.”

 

“You’re making me even more confused, eonni..”

 

“Well, what I’m trying to say is, dad’s just wishing the best for you, but it’s only you know what is the best for yourself. And I’m not telling you to dump Yunho. I’m asking you to reconsider him. Make sure he’s a worthy enough for you to be going against your dad’s words.”

 

Writer’s POV

 

Yunho finally arrived at his house. His used to be house. His eyes were fixed on the gate for a long time before he could make himself sure to go inside. It’s been years since he lived there. And now, going inside isn’t so easy for him. Going inside only reminded how his father treated his mother and him.

 

“Oppa!” He could see Sooyoung running to him happily, “Oppa! You’re here to see dad?”

 

“Uh… yes..”

 

“Great, oppa! Let’s head inside!”

 

There, Yunho could see his father was lying in his bed, looking weak. It was the first time he saw his father in his weakest state. The father who was strong enough to throw away his son to the street and heartless enough to see his wife dying while he could do something about it.

 

Yunho’s face remained expressionless, but as he stepped closer, tears escaped from his eyes, and he quickly wiped it away not to let his father notice. But it was too late. One of those tears had successfully gone down to his father’s cheek.

 

“Yunho..” the weak old man muttered as he opened his eyes. Of course he was surprised to see Yunho. He wanted to see his only son indeed, but he never expected that his son would still come to see him. Ever since leaving the house when he was really young, he never came even for money or anything.

 

“I heard that you wanted to see me…”

 

Yunho knew he was not as strong as how he looked, but still, he tried to maintain that strong look on him. He didn’t wish his father to discover that deep inside, he missed him too.

 

“Yes. Once, at least before I die. And thank you for making my wish come true, Yunho.”

 

“I didn’t come to see you. Take it as a social work, granting a soon-to-be dead person’s last wish.” Yunho’s heart was squeezed when he said those words. He didn’t mean to say such a hurtful words to his father. But he didn’t want him to think that he still cared for him, even if he did actually.

 

“Whatever the reason, I’m still grateful that you came.”

 

“You,.. you’re done seeing me, so I will take my leave.” His heart didn’t want to take a step further, but he had to. How much he had wished his father to hold him back. He needed to know if the other’s feeling was mutual. He wanted to see his dad, and he hoped that his dad wanted to see him too.

 

“Yunho… Can you please stay for a while?” The old man held Yunho’s wrist to prevent him from going away, and Yunho stayed expressionless. But he was relieved that his father prevented him from going.

 

“Before I die… I want to let you know that… the company needs you.”

 

“What are you blabbing about. The company has Siwon.”

 

“Siwon is just our general manager, but we need someone to fill the CEO position,” He added, “And it’s you.”

 

Yunho’s eyes widened at the sudden confession. He had always thought that ever since he left the house, he was removed from any title that could be his.

 

And Mr Choi continued telling him the story.

 

Flashback

 

“So, Mr Choi, you’re changing your will?”

 

“Yes, attorney Park.”

 

“So are we giving the eighty percent of your share from Choi Yunho to Choi Siwon?”

 

Mr Choi fell silent for a while before proceeding, “Change it from Choi Yunho…. To Jung Yunho.”

 

The attorney was left confused, thinking that he might have heard it wrong, and thus he asked once more to confirm whether he heard it correctly, “From Choi Yunho.. to Jung Yunho?”

 

“Yes. He changed his name to Jung Yunho. So give those shares to Jung Yunho. You didn’t hear it wrong. It’s Jung Yunho.”

 

“Are you sure, Mr Choi?”

 

“No matter what happens, he’s still my blood and flesh. Why would I give everything to Siwon and leave nothing for my biological child?”

 

“Well, if that’s so, I will change it.”

 

“And Siwon, I can make him the manager. But make sure he never steps in as the CEO, as I would never be willing to see him stepping on my son’s shoe.”

 

“Sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter