I'll Protect You

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back In Time – Chapter 14

Remembering is like opening a pandora box. It will change most of the things in your life. There are bad things that we just wish to forget, but in the end, the truth itself let us lead a truthful life. Though it hurts, truth feels better than lie.

 

Writer’s POV

 

“I remember everything.”

 

Junsu and Yoochun’s jaws dropped. Their Jaejoong hyung has finally regained his memories. Is it good or bad?

 

“Well, everything’s pretty much the same with what I went through in this time travel, but you guys weren’t there because we just met after I lost my memories, right?”

 

Flashback

 

He opened his eyes only to see a white ceiling which he was not too familiar with. He rubbed his eyes, and he realized he was in the hotel room. But.. Does that mean…?

 

He still had his clothes on, which means, that jerk Choi Siwon probably did nothing to him. Great. At least I’m safe.

 

He put his right hand on the bed to support himself to sit up, but then he felt that his right hand touched something else instead of the bed sheet. he looked to the right and…

 

God. What is this?

 

He found himself waking up with an unknown man whose stomach is stabbed and bleeding badly on the right side of the bed.

 

He brought his right palm which was covered in that man’s blood closer to his face and he began to tremble greatly. The fear… It was too much for him to bear. The anxiety inside of him was burning and killing him from inside.

 

That’s when Jaejoong heard the thunder loud and scary, which made him tremble more, in fear.

 

“Ahjussi…” his voice was trembling as well; he tried to shake the man’s arm to see if he was still alive. But there was no response. He dared himself to uncover the blanket which covered that man’s stomach, to find a knife was still there, piercing his stomach. He froze at the sight. The sight he never imagined to experience himself for his entire life. Trembling, his hand lost control and touched the knife, slowly taking it off from the man’s body. He tried grabbing the man’s wrist to check his pulse, but he couldn’t feel anything which means the man had died by then.

 

“Ahjussi… Did I… I didn’t kill you, right…? I know… I’m not capable on killing someone…” He muttered to the knife in his grasp, seeming to have lost some of his sanity. That’s when his phone rang. Still shivering, he gathered all the energy left in his body to grab and answer his phone. He was barely able to grab the phone. He felt really weak then.

 

“Hello…?”

 

‘Jae, are you okay? Are you hurt? I’ll go there now, okay?’

 

“Yun, I… I think I killed someone, Yun…”

 

‘Jae? What are you talking about?!’ But Jaejoong was not strong enough to answer the man as he dropped his phone, but he was able to hear the man screaming on the other side, ‘Jae! Boo! Boojae!’

 

That was enough for Yunho to hear. The trembling voice of his Jaejoong and the only statement Jaejoong mentioned to him was enough of a reason for him to be running over to the hotel. He panicked, honestly, after hearing his Jaejoong’s voice. But it was lucky for him not to face any difficulties to find Jaejoong’s room. The reservation was made under Jaejoong’s name, which made Yunho easier to locate him.

 

Arriving in the room, the first thing he saw was his Jaejoong’s lifeless-like face as if he really committed the crime. And inside, he spotted the man who was bleeding heavily.

 

“Yun, I…. I don’t know how it happened, but I didn’t kill him! I swear I’m not capable on doing that! I swear that I don’t even know that man!”

 

Without hearing Jaejoong’s explanation, Yunho pulled him closer, hugged him so tight and Jaejoong continued crying in his shoulder. He patted Jaejoong’s back to comfort him, at least to take away a bit of sorrow and burden in Jaejoong’s soul.

 

“Don’t say anymore, Boo. I know. I know you won’t kill people. I trust you.”

 

Jaejoong was still crying heavily with his bloody hands Yunho’s back. But the blood in his hands were dried already therefore it left no trace on Yunho’s clothes.

 

Both of them knew that it doesn’t really matter if Yunho trusts him. If Yunho did, so what? Is he not going to be suspected if Yunho believes in him? The most important thing is to get the evidence that Jaejoong was not the one who killed the man. The most important thing is to get the police believe that Jaejoong did not kill the man.

 

Yunho and Jaejoong sat side to side, both were silent. They were staring blankly at the dead body in front of their very eyes. How could it happen to Jaejoong?

 

“Choi Siwon that bastard must have set you up in a trap, Jae… He called you for revenge. He wanted to frame you for this murder. I’m positive about that.”

 

Jaejoong just nodded. He knew that right after he managed to regain his sanity. But he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. He knew it was just the matter of time that the police will come and barge into the room. He knew Siwon will report this incident to the police shortly.

 

“Jae…” Yunho’s voice sounded so stern this time, and he cupped Jaejoong’s cheeks, “Run away, Jae.”

 

“Yun… You know there are security cameras in this hotel, and of course it’s going to record us coming out of this room, and even if we are able to escape before the police comes here, it’s only the matter of time that they will find us through the recording and track down our whereabouts, Yun. It’s not a solution.”

 

Yunho seemed hesitant a bit before adding, “I’m implying that you should run away.”

 

This statement made Jaejoong’s eyes widened in disbelief, he continued staring at Yunho’s eyes if the latter really meant it, and yes he knew Yunho meant it when he said that.

 

“Jung Yunho! You’re crazy!” Jaejoong slapped away Yunho’s hands that were cupping his cheeks and stood up, glaring at the man who was still sitting on the floor.

 

“You want me to run away and leave you here? You think I’ll be happy if they treat you as the murderer?! Is this what you’re trying to tell me? That I should run away while you take the blame to protect me?!”

 

Yunho stood up to glare back at Jaejoong, but it was not a scary glare, instead, a pleading glare, earnest and sincere, “There are no other ways, Jae! You need to run away or else you’ll be the culprit! Siwon must have erased all his fingerprints in this room, and the man is already dead! There will be no way to prove your innocence, Jae! You need to leave now or else you’re going to the jail, Jae! The ing jail, Kim Jaejoong!”

 

“But will I be happy if you’re the one going to that jail?! It’s the ing jail, Jung Yunho! Are you even aware about what you’re saying just now?!”

 

“Jae, come on. Wash yourself from the blood and run away this instant! The police is going to come soon! We don’t have much time!”

 

“I’m staying!”

 

“You’re leaving!”

 

“I SAID I’M STAYING!”

 

Jaejoong turned his back to Yunho to walk to the door, intending to lock it to prevent Yunho from shooing him away. But the moment he turned, he was hit with a chair, by Jung Yunho, hard enough to cause him to lose his consciousness before falling down.

 

Yunho put the chair away, and lowered himself, before tears started flowing from his almond-shaped eyes, “Sorry, Jae…”

 

Without taking much time, he carried Jaejoong’s body to the toilet to clean the latter in every way possible. He dressed Jaejoong in his own clothes which were still clean. And himself, wearing a bathroom robe. He preceded taking the unconscious Jaejoong out of the room, finding the nearest outside-of-the-room toilet and pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter