Back to The Memories

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Really recommend this song Back to The Memories by Jo Hyuna and Jang Woo Hyuk! Anyway here's the eighth chapter, mostly about the flashback to Yunho's past! Finally! We're half through the story!

 

 

Perhaps past is just not as good as your present life. It might hurt that you want to throw it away. But then again, probably you’re not the only one feeling that.

 

Jaejoong was spending the recess with Yoochun and Junsu. It’s such a coincidence that they were both waiting for class on the next shift together despite they’re in different major. Yunho was nowhere to be seen. And that made Jaejoong upset. Well he likes the company of his two friends, but he’ll like Yunho more.

 

The three of them were passing the badminton field, and they were recruiting new members. They said whoever can defeat a senior; they can join the club for free.

 

They were standing and watching the game, and suddenly a girl approached them, “Would you like to try a game? We’re giving away free registration for those who wins against our senior, reaching 21 points first.”

 

They then realized that the girl is one of the badminton club member and went around for promoting the event.

 

“I can’t play badminton, but… this hyung of mine does it well.” Yoochun said without thinking which made Jaejoong glare at him.

 

“Ah, Kim Jaejoong sunbaenim. Annyeonghaseyo!” The girl greeted when she realized, sitting by her is the ever so beautiful Kim Jaejoong from faculty of engineering. Shyness was all over the girl. Like who wouldn’t have a crush on such a perfection like Jaejoong?

 

“Um… I’ll try.”

 

Perhaps this can kill boredom.

 

Jaejoong followed the girl and Junsu and Yoochun mouthed fighting!

 

The deserted field became crowded more and more as soon as Jaejoong was in the game.

 

“Jaejoong sunbaenim, fighting!” or “Kim Jaejoong sunbaenim! So handsome!” and other things were heard from a bunch of fangirls by the side of the field, rooting for Jaejoong with all their voices.

 

It was a clear win for Jaejoong. He’s just too fast and his reflex was too good. The other player was one of the best player in the badminton club, but still, it’s no competition for Jaejoong.

 

After the match, his opponent thanked him for a good match and told him to join the club, sure of course they want him. Jaejoong was great and he can win lots of competitions if he joins them.

 

“I guess I’m focusing on my studies as this if my final year.” Jaejoong rejected. Then his attention went to the image of two familiar persons walking hand in hand behind his opponent’s back. His eyes widened and his curiosity rose. It was clear that one of the two was Yunho. And the other one, it was Choi Soo Young. They looked so close together.

 

Is there something going on between them?

 

Without thinking further, Jaejoong grabbed his bag and followed them silently, hiding here and there to make sure they don’t notice him. The two of them sat together in the canteen side to side, and Soo Young will often flash Yunho with a smile and that surely made Jaejoong’s heart burn with jealousy.

 

“Oppa, you should come home often, you know. It’s been like.. ten years since you left home? You know everybody miss you.”

 

Jaejoong could see Yunho chuckled, rather bitterly, “Well, I guess it’s only you who do.”

 

Wait, what is this? Who is this Choi Soo Young to Yunho anyway?

 

“No, oppa! Dad misses you so much lately. He’s suffering from an illness and doc said he’s nearing the end of his life. He wants to meet you so badly, at least before he dies.”

 

“That old man do? I guess it’s only because he doesn’t want to go to hell that he wants to meet his son to wash away his sin?”

 

Wait, who is that dad they are talking about here? Mr Choi? But that can’t be. Mr Choi should be Siwon’s dad.

 

Jaejoong was too focused bending his body to watch the two of them and didn’t realize there was a big cat hanging around the canteen and spread its claw and hurt Jaejoong’s hand. He gasped, but he was lucky that Soo Young and Yunho didn’t notice it as the canteen was pretty crowded.

 

“Oppa, don’t say that. Anyway, please do come home. At least once. I’m sure dad will be glad to see you.” Soo Young said before rising and bid Yunho a farewell, saying she had appointment with her professor.

 

Shall I approach him?

 

Jaejoong knows if he thinks too much, he will decide not to go and meddle into Yunho’s private life. Therefore he didn’t give much thought about that and went directly to Yunho. But of course, he went after he grabbed Ji Hyo’s wig in his bag and put it on, disguising as Jae Young. Jaejoong didn’t even realize that the scar the cat left on his left hand started to bleed, though it’s not much.

 

But before he could reach Yunho, Soo Young saw him and gasped, “Jae oppa! What are you doing here? And your hair… HAHHAHA!”

 

“ummm is it that obvious?”

 

“Obvious that you’re Kim Jaejoong? Yea sure! Anyone can tell it’s you. And if one doesn’t, it means he might be the densest man on earth!” Sooyoung tapped Jaejoong’s shoulder before walking away with laughter. Luckily Yunho wasn’t facing his direction and the canteen was too noisy to make him notice anything.

 

Jaejoong sat on Yunho’s left, causing the other to be surprised.

 

“Jae Young ssi? It’s the first time we meet at school!”

 

“Yeah it’s me. Good to see you again.” Jaejoong said, looking awkward, “well, I know,,, it’s none of my business, but… mind to share?”

 

Yunho was never interested in sharing his life history to others, but perhaps, if just once he decided to share that burden with others, his life might get easier. But every time he tried to open up, he thinks that he wasn’t ready. But to Jae Young, who now offers a warm hand to share his burden, he could never say no. He didn’t even dare to think of saying no. Jae Young resembles Jaejoong and that thought alone gave him a sense of secure. He had always wanted to share with Jaejoong everything he feels, but then, Jaejoong is the man he loves, and his master.

 

Yunho did seem hesitant a bit, but later made up his mind to share it with Jae Young whom he feels comfortable with.

 

Flashback

 

It was back in 1990. The four years old Choi Yunho lived happily with his parents, Mr Choi and Mrs Choi. Yes, he was born Choi Yunho. He didn’t understand a thing as he was an infant, but his parents’ relationship didn’t go well. Mr Choi will keep himself busy all day, leaving early in the morning and coming home late. It’s only Mrs Choi who gives and devoted her time and love to their only son.

 

One day, Mr Choi came home at late, bringing a woman and a boy, who was slightly older than Yunho. Mrs Choi asked who that woman is, and Mr Choi stated that the woman carries his baby by then, and that he would marry that woman.

 

“You shouldn’t worry; I won’t divorce you and won’t kick you and Yunho anywhere.”

 

“That’s not what I’m talking about! Without you saying it, you don’t even have the right to kick out your rightful son and wife out of this house. But what I’m saying is, how can you deceive me and have an affair behind my back, and now you’re remarrying even when I’m still alive?!”

 

“It’s not for you to decide whether I’m marrying Yoon Sena.”

 

“Don’t tell me that that boy is also your son? It means you were already cheating on me before we even got married?”

 

“No he’s not. He’s Siwon, her son from her previous marriage. Anyway don’t care about it. I’m marrying her, whether you like it or not.”

 

Since then, Mrs Choi, Yunho’s biological mother was bullied by the new wife her husband brought. And Choi Siwon, her son will always envy any single thing about Choi Yunho. He takes away every toy he loved. Like mother like son, they said. And soon, the baby was born to be a beautiful baby girl and they named her Choi Soo Young.

 

Sooyoung was never a mean girl like how her mother and her brother are. She treats Yunho and Mrs Choi equally, being bubbly and lovely. She even loves Yunho more than Siwon. Siwon was a ruthless and hateful brat and Yunho, a kind and humble one, for her. Ever from they were little, Yunho was forced to mature quickly by the pressure he received from his st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter