Goodbye

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back In Time – Chapter 16

It has been a day since Yesung confessed to the murder attempt by Choi Siwon, of course Jaejoong also told the cops how Siwon lured him into the room to frame him. Lucky enough he was able to escape from the trap. And in no time, the cops worked on the evidences, such as tracking the surveillance cameras to prove that Siwon was indeed there that night.

 

That morning, like really early in the morning, Jaejoong, Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun came along with the police to Siwon’s house. Jaejoong only wanted to see Siwon being arrested with his own eyes and Yunho wanted to keep his company. He has grown to be more protective of Jaejoong since the latter was still in wheelchair. The person to open the door was Sooyoung. She seemed startled to see the cops right in front of the door of her house.

 

“What brings police here?” She asked. Did she ask because she doesn’t know? Or she acted like she doesn’t know?

 

“We’re police and we’re looking for Choi Siwon. Here is the arrest letter.”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes widened and her hand shivered in fear when she read the letter. “This must be wrong right? My oppa won’t do that!”

 

“It’s the truth. We have evidences already. If he claims himself to be innocent, please come with us for the time being, and seek the proof to prove his innocence and we’ll meet in court. Now if you may, please call him here.”

 

“No! I’m not calling my oppa! There’s no way he’s a murderer!” Sooyoung started to cry and her cry just became louder as the police barged inside to find Siwon. Yunho felt bad for putting her in such condition, but the harm has been done. Her brother is a murder. What’s wrong is wrong and must be punished.

 

Yunho pulled her into an embrace and whispered, “He deserves the punishment after what he has done, Sooyoungie. Don’t cry. He’s not worth your tears.”

 

Not long after, the police was back to the door with the struggling Siwon. Siwon’s eyes were fierce and he struggled to free himself as his hands were handcuffed.

 

“Not me! I didn’t do that! I’m Choi Siwon and I’m not going to that jail! Let me go!” He screamed but the police just ignored that and take him away.

 

“Oppa!” Sooyoung screamed in tears.

 

“Sooyoung! Help me! Make it clear that they can’t put me in jail! They don’t know who I am! I’m the successor of Choi Corporation and they can’t do this to me!”

 

Siwon was brought into the police car and they drove away. Jaejoong just sighed in relief. Finally, the truth has been brought to light. He’s relieved that at least, he can clear the situation.

 

“Hyung, it’s time to get back to the hospital.” Yoochun said.

 

But Yunho just can’t leave the sobbing Sooyoung like that. He feels he need to be by her side, at least till she can accept the truth and calm down.

 

“Jae, I’ll stay here for a while, okay? Go to the hospital with Junsu and Yoochun first. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

 

Jaejoong just nodded obediently and followed Junsu and Yoochun to the hospital. In fact there was a sense of bitterness when Yunho ordered him to return without him. At last they were able to put Siwon in prison and reveal the truth behind the murder. Jaejoong thought he can spend the day with Yunho, but yes he realized Sooyoung needed Yunho more than he did then. So what can he say?

 

“It’s such a relief that you didn’t lose your memories, hyung! Or else we’ll perhaps die again!” Junsu joked and laughed at his own statement with his dolphin voice as they reached Jaejoong’s room. Jaejoong hated the smell of the hospital, but what can he do if he hasn’t healed? He needs to stay whether he liked it or not.

 

“um… Well I guess it’s the fear that drove me to lose my memories, but now I was able to maintain my calm and so the memory loss didn’t happen now. Because the fear drove it, so it’s not a fact. So yeah I could change it.”

 

“And now I see why you’re so traumatized over the rain. Because it reminds you of that night.” Yoochun added.

 

Jaejoong smiled at his two friends happily. He was grateful that it happened well, and he was barely able to change the past. Well, even if it doesn’t change the future, at least he can lessen the burden Yunho will carry for now.

That’s when Jaejoong’s eyes widened. He saw Yoochun’s and Junsu’s body disappearing and reappearing. So did Yoochun and Junsu. Their eyes widened in shock when they realized that their time was nearing.

 

It’s ten hours….

 

That  morning Yunho was staying by Sooyoung’s side happily. He felt bad that Sooyoung was sad but he couldn’t hide his satisfaction. Finally his Jaejoongie can get discharged from the hospital tomorrow. There’s nothing better than that. And he was happy that Siwon got the punishment he deserved for the attempt to frame his baby Boo.

 

The house was pretty deserted as Ji Hyo went out with her boyfriend, and there were only him and the maids inside when the bell rang.

 

Who is it?

 

Yunho made his way to the gate and spotted a familiar looking man. It was his father’s lawyer, attorney Park. He did seem older as the last time Yunho saw that man was like years ago. But his eyes and mouths haven’t changed a bit and that made him recognize the older man easier.

 

Yunho greeted him with a bow before welcoming him into the house.

 

“Is there something you need, attorney Park?”

 

“Well, you see Yunho, according to your father’s will; you need to fill the CEO position of the company. You know I didn’t come here just because of that, but our General Manager Choi Siwon has just been arrested, so we are in crisis. I know you may not care about this company, but I really hope you can give it a shot. I mean, try it.”

 

Yunho bit his lower lip. He knew deep inside he had always wanted to be a son whom his father can be proud of, and this is a chance for him. In the past, there was always Siwon and he thought he had no place in the company. But now that bastard is gone. But then again, is he going there only to be a replacement of Choi Siwon? No right? Even if he’s only a replacement, perhaps it doesn’t really matter. Because it’s his right. He had abandoned his belongings for too long and now it seems to be the right time to reclaim it.

 

“I will, attorney Park.”

 

“That’s great, Yunho! Now can you come to the office and we’ll announce it to the stakeholders? I bet they are all anxious about the their shares, and we need to announce this as soon as possible to let them in peace.”

 

I want to spend my last moments with Yunho… But am I good enough for that? After all the things I did to him? That’s the first thing that crossed Jaejoong’s mind when he realized he had no more time. His smile turned into a pool of tears threatening to come out down all at once.

 

Seeing that, Yoochun patted Jaejoong’s shoulder and smiled at him. He took out a book from his bag and handed it to Jaejoong, which caused the latter frowned in confusion. What was it?

 

“I know sooner or later this will happen, hyung… So I made you this.”

 

Turning his attention to the book, he opened the first page and his eyes widened while his hand moved up to cover his mouth. It was a photo album of him and Yunho. The collection of their memories which were captured by Yoochun. When he and Yunho hugs sweetly, kissed sweetly and many more.

 

“I’m sorry I only existed in your world after you lost your memories hyung. Or else I would have captured more about you guys,”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter