Reset

Back In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back In Time – Chapter 13

Something terrifying is not as terrifying if we face it bravely.

 

Writer’s POV

 

This scene and these feelings… are too familiar… I think I have experienced it before….

 

It was raining outside and the thunder just made Jaejoong startled, trembling in fear greatly but he knew the most crucial thing is to get the bleeding man to the hospital soon. And he called for an ambulance that instant. Only afterwards he was able to touch the man’s wrist, and luckily, the man was still breathing.

 

In his fear, he could hear his phone ringing. Taking out the phone from his pocket, he answered with fears all over his voice, “He… Hello?”

 

“Jae, are you okay? Are you hurt? I’ll go there now, okay?”

 

“No, Yun!” Jaejoong immediately objected as he remembered what happened in the past, “Don’t come! I’m … I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

 

Before Yunho could say anything, Jaejoong hung up, causing a sense of insecurity for Yunho.

 

Yunho was still walking back and forth in the dining room. The shiver and fear he felt in Jaejoong’s voice was not able to leave his mind. He kept wondering if something happened to Jaejoong, or if his step brother Siwon did anything to threaten or hurt Jaejoong.

 

I need to make sure he’s fine. Ibis Hotel Myeongdong is it?

 

Without thinking twice, Yunho grabbed his coat and proceeded to the hotel in a hurry.

 

“So, Kim Yesung ssi was bleeding already when you wake up?” A nurse questioned Jaejoong as the other nurses were taking the man into the ambulance. Kim Yesung was the name of the injured man. They found out thanks to the identity card in his pocket. The nurse and Jaejoong were then standing in front of the hotel building. A lot of people gathered, wondering what happened as the ambulance was there. It was raining heavily.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Okay, Jaejoong ssi. Well, we’ll question you further in the hospital. Can you follow us?”

 

“Sure, but I’ll take my own car. I came by car so I can’t leave it.”

 

“Sure. The hospital is just down this street. So I expect you to come soon.”

 

With that, the ambulance started off to the hospital while Jaejoong started walking to the building across the hotel. Well, at the time, the parking lot in the hotel itself was full thanks to the big party which was held in that hotel that night. He had to park his car in the building across.

 

He walked with a sense of relief that the man was still breathing when he was brought to the ambulance, and the first treatment the nurses gave him should save him for the time being.

 

The traffic light turned green for the pedestrians and Jaejoong started walking across the zebra cross.

 

 

A car was coming Jaejoong’s way though it was supposed to be red for the vehicles. Jaejoong’s eyes widened, he was not able to think straight. It is exactly the same thing that happened to him in the past, which caused him to lose his memories.

 

And till the moment the car hit him, he wasn’t able to move an inch.

 

He hit the car and when his body bounced backwards, a pair of strong arms caught the fragile body of his. It was Jung Yunho.

 

“Jaejoong ah?” Yunho called as he shook Jaejoong’s body, but only to find that the man’s head was bleeding and he had lost his consciousness, “Kim Jaejoong! Jae! Boojae!”

 

Yunho leaned against the wall next to the emergency room. He massaged his nose bridge, before letting out all his frustration by hitting the wall continuously, making his hand bruised, and bleed heavily.

 

Why couldn’t I protect him!

 

He leaned against the wall once more and slowly his legs went weak, allowing his body to gradually drop to the floor. He covered his face with both his palm, crying for what happened that night. He continued blaming himself, hitting his own knee for his frustration.

 

Ji Hyo was the first to arrive after receiving the news about Jaejoong. Ji Hyo’s face was puffy as she cried all the way to the hospital. Seeing Yunho in his desperate state, Ji Hyo knew he felt no better than her for all this disaster.

 

“Yunho yah…” Ji Hyo knelt beside Yunho with her crying face. Instead of answering, Yunho just kept crying, with his right palm covering his right eye.

 

Seeing this, Ji Hyo knew this man must be so depressed about her brother, and that made her realize she should have forbade Jaejoong to go on with the wedding. She should know how much this man loved her brother as if he cared about nothing else but Jaejoong.

 

“Yunho yah… What happened to Jaejoong? How is he now?”

 

Yunho just stared at her blankly. His eyes were puffy and they were like telling her he didn’t know what happened either. He just want to know Jaejoong will come out of the emergency room safely without serious injury or else he’ll regret it his whole life.

 

Ji Hyo realized he was suffering even more compared to her, and she just pulled his face closer, embracing him like a sister embracing her brother, telling him it’s just a dream and it will be gone in the morning. But she knew it wasn’t.

 

In Ji Hyo’s embrace, Yunho’s tears burst once more, “I’m sorry! I was wrong! I shouldn’t have come late! No, I shouldn’t have let him go alone, no… I shouldn’t even have let him go at all! I should have kept him home….”

 

“It’s not your fault, Yunho yah.. I know you’re suffering too.” Perhaps even more than I am…

 

Yoochun and Junsu hurried to the emergency room as soon as they heard the news, they had been restless. What if anything happened to Jaejoong hyung? What if…

 

“Junsu.. I’m afraid. I’m so afraid…”

 

“Me too, Yoochun ah. What if Jae hyung lose his memories again now? I heard from Ji Hyo noona from the future that in his entire life, Jaejoong hyung only had one car accident, in which he lost his memories. And now, it happened. I’m afraid hyung will forget everything all over again, Chun..”

 

“Pray that he will be safe, Su. I believe God will protect him.”

 

Junsu’s steps stopped when he saw Ji Hyo embracing the crying Yunho outside the emergency room. His eyes widened as if the balls are going to pop out. His whole body was shivering greatly by then, and he could feel his body weakened by the scene he witnessed in front of him.

 

Noticing his friend’s behavior, Yoochun raised his brows, “What’s up Su? Why do you look scared?”

 

“I… I remember it now, Chun… That Yunho… Yunho, he…”

 

Yoochun stayed quiet, anticipating Junsu to continue his sentence, but a doctor came out of the emergency room, which stole everyone’s attention. Junsu and Yoochun quickly got closer, together with Yunho and Ji Hyo.

 

“Is there Jaejoong ssi’s family here?”

 

“Me, I’m his sister, doc. What happened to our Jaejoong?” Ji Hyo asked nervously, grabbing the doctor’s coat without realizing. Her eyes were demanding an explanation, and an explanation which states her brother is doing fine or else she’ll kill the doctor herself.

 

“Jaejoong ssi was brought to the hospital in time, so we were able to eliminate life-threatening risks. So don’t worry. He’ll wake up just fine. He broke his left leg and we have treated it. He’ll need to use wheelchair for some time. But it will only be for a few days because it’s not that severe. And we have treated his other bruises and bandaged his head. But I won’t know if there are any post-incident effects until he wakes up and go through a further checkup. He seemed to have hit his head hard during the accident. However don’t worry. He’s going to be up soon, I promise.”

 

A sigh of relieve was able to be heard from the four people who surrounded the room. Ji Hyo slowly let go of the doctor’s coat which she had been grabbing the whole time. She closed her eyes, relieved that at least her brother is safe by then.

 

“Shortly the nurses

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter