Chapter 16

Please Love Me!

It had been two weeks since Yook Sungjae confessed his feelings to Kim Sohyun and things between them were the same clear with the difference that now Sungjae is more open and no longer hiding that he likes Sohyun, since he is always trying to call her attention or being close to her and that angered JB more and as always they ended up fighting and Saeron had to intervene to separate them.

Right now Sungjae was walking through the hallways of the school next to Saeron while they were walking but suddenly they saw Sohyun who was walking, Sungjae was about to greet Sohyun but he saw something different in her face gave an expression of sadness and melancholy.

"Hello, little princess," Saeron said, but Sohyun stepped forward without responding to the greeting and that angered Saeron "But how idiot, how dare you ignore me!" Said Saeron very annoyed "Yah! How you may like her, ends with that!" Saeron said looking at Sungjae annoyed.

"You didn't notice anything different about her?" Sungjae said, looking at where Sohyun was walking.

"Yes she has become more cocky" Saeon said, folding her arms.

"No, it's like she's sad" Sungjae said, turning to look at Saeron.

"You think?" Saeron said thoughtfully.

They were there for a while until they went to the classroom, when they arrived they saw their classmates talking and laughing while waiting for their teacher to come, Saeron went to his place and Sungjae did the same and when he happened to sit down he saw Sohyun sitting without doing anything with an expressionless face, Sungjae knew that something was wrong and was about to ask her what happened to her but then Professor Lee arrived to begin with classes.

The hours passed and it was time to leave and everyone started to leave but Sungjae was worried about Sohyun since she was sad all day, Sungjae saw that Sohyun was about to leave and he wanted to go talk to her and ask her is what happened to her, but when he was about to approach her a hand grabbed him by the shoulder and stopped him and when he turned to see who it was, it was JB.

"Yah! Why do you stop me?!, if you want to fight I told you that I'm not interested "said Sungjae and pulled his shoulder out of JB's hand.

"They're going to fight again, that's enough" Saeron said, approaching them so they would not fight.

"I don't want to fight either, I just stopped you so you did not get close to Sohyun and you're going to do something stupid" JB said seriously.

"Why do you say it?" Sungjae asked confused.

"I tell you because I know, right now she wants to be alone, why do you think I don't approach today to talk to her because I know what's wrong with her" said JB and was about to leave but was stopped by Sungjae who stood at the frade of him.

"Wait, then you know what happens to Sohyun ... then tell me" Sungjae said trying to know the truth.

"It's okay, I'll tell you" JB said with a sigh. "What happens is that today is the day her mother died, and every year when that date comes Sohyun gets very sad" JB said with a little sadness in his voice.

"Wow, so that was what was wrong with her" Sungjae said, and understanding why Sohyun had that look of sadness on her face all day.

"Go, go get it" JB said and that surprised Sungjae and Saeron "I know you want to go, she should not be far" said JB with a small smile on his face.

"Okay, I'll do it, and thank you for telling me what was wrong with her" Sungjae said, and without saying anything else he ran out of the classroom leaving JB and Saeron alone.

"Hey, why did you tell him what happened to Sohyun and told him to go with her, you're not supposed to hate Sungjae and you want his not to be around Sohyun?" Said Saeron, somewhat surprised by JB's attitude.

"Neh, I hate him, but for some reason I think Sungjae is the only one who can help Sohyun to go through that pain, and however much that hurts me, I don't care because I know she is well and no longer cry more" JB said with a look of sadness looking toward the door of the classroom.

Saeron said nothing and just stared at JB with an almost indecipherable expression on her face, when JB turned to look at Saeron saw that she was looking at him in a strange way and that bewildered him a bit.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" JB asked, puzzled by the way Saeron was looking at him.

"Not nothing, I just realize that you have a heart" said Saeron surprised and JB loose an incredulous laugh.

"What! Do you think I'm so mean, you have such a bad idea of me?!" said JB somewhat surprised.

"Well, do you think that with everything you've done all this time I have a good idea about you?" Saeron said sarcastically and JB said nothing because he knows Saeron is right.

"Well okay I have not been a good person but I'm not a heartless person either" JB said, trying to defend himself.

"Okay, I believe you and today you confirmed it, well it's time for me to go, goodbye" Saeron said goodbye and started to leave but stopped and turned to look at JB.

"What happened, why did you stop?" JB asked.

"Nothing, just is it the first time we talked without fighting or screaming, don't you think?" Said Saeron somewhat surprised.

"Wow, that's true" JB said, smiling a little.

"Well I'm going to point it in my calendar as a historical day" Saeron said jokingly and JB laughed at the joke "Well I'm leaving now," Saeron said and left.

JB stayed in the classroom a while longer thinking about what happened recently "I have to thank Saeron because I don't feel as bad as I felt before" said JB with a small smile on his face and without saying nothing more, he left too.

************************************************** ****************************************

Sungjae ran out of school in search of Sohyun to find out how she was and also somehow help her and accompany her in the pain she is in, he ran some streets until he saw her, she was walking slowly with her head down, so he ran to where she was and when he arrived he stood in front of her so she stop and look up to see who it was and was Sungjae.

"Yook Sungjae, what are you doing here?!" Sohyun said in surprise.

"Hi, I just came to see how you were" Sungjae said.

"I ... I'm fine" Sohyun said, wiping her tears and trying to look calm.

"Sohyun, don't pretend to be strong in front of me I know very well that you feel sad" said Sungjae looking at Kim Sohyun.

"Okay, I don't feel good but I don't want anyone's compassion, so don't bother me," Sohyun said seriously.

"Okay, I will not say anything but let me be with you" Sungjae said.

"What?" Sohyun asked confused.

"Allow me to accompany you in your pain, I will not say anything I promise you I just want to be there for you" said Sungjae looking directly to Sohyun "And I don't do it by compassion if that bothers you, I do it because I really want to do it" said Sungjae sincerely.

Sohyun didn't know what to say, a part of her wanted him to go away but another part of her wanted him to stay and accompany her, she was debating with herself what to do but something was certain, Sungjae was saying the truth and for more that does not like to admit she is learning to trust him.

"Okay, okay, you can come with me, and I really don't want to go to that place alone" Sohyun said with a small smile, making Sungjae smile too.

"Okay, okay, I'll you anywhere you go" Sungjae said, approaching Sohyun.

For a moment Sohyun forgot everything that was happening and all the suffering she was having is an effect that makes Sungjae in her that makes her feel much better with only his presence, she didn't know the reason for it but for now do not mattered all she wanted was for Sungjae to be by her side to feel better.

************************************************** ****************************************

They both walked for a long time without saying a word, Sohyun had gone to a flower shop to buy a bouquet of beautiful flowers, after buying the flowers they both kept walking, Sungjae wondered why Sohyun had bought those flowers but could not ask her since he had promised not to say a word, they continued walking until they came to a large field surrounded by a large grass.

"Where are we?" Sungjae asked.

"This is where my mother rest in peace" said Sohyun with a look of sadness.

"Oh I really didn't know, mianhae if I-" Sungjae tried to apologize just in case he would have been reckless but was interrupted by Sohyun.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize, on the contrary I should thank you for accompany me" Sohyun said with a small smile "Come on, my mother is buried a few steps ahead," Sohyun said and they both started to walk, but when they arrived they found two people who were in the tomb of her mother, and these people were her father and her stepmother.

"Dad, what are you doing here and why did you bring her to this place!" Said Sohyun annoyed and outraged.

"It's more than obvious why I'm here you do not believe it," Mr. Kim said seriously.

"Of yeah, now out of nowhere you thought of being a good husband and visit your wife, well you should have done that when my mother was alive!" Said Kim Sohyun furious.

"Kim Sohyun!!! That's not the way to talk to your father!! "Shouted Mr. Kim angrily.

"And why you brought her here!!, it is not enough for you to have been a bad husband and a terrible father who now wants to defile the honor of my mother!!!" Sohyun said indignantly.

Mr. Kim did not say anything and just stared at his daughter and after a few moments he left without saying anything, the stepmother just stared at Sohyun with a satisfied smile to see that Sohyun had quarreled with her father.

"Goodbye dear and enjoy the company of the dead" said her stepmother laughing maliciously as she left and Sohyun could not stand and was about to go where her stepmother went to hit her but was stopped by Sungjae.

"Calm down, it's not worth it" said Sungjae holding Sohyun by the shoulders, but suddenly Sungjae saw Sohyun's body trembling and when he came closer to see what was happening, it turned out she was crying and that broke his soul see crying and suffering the person you love is certainly the biggest pain you can see, Sungjae without hesitation hug Sohyun to be able to more than be comforting in something.

When Sohyun felt Sungjae's arms wrapped around her she could not take it anymore and she broke, she began to cry on Sungjae's chest and began to scream all that pain she was feeling all these years.

 


I'm really sorry it took me so long to update, it's just that I was too busy with studies and jobs, but I promise I'll finish this fanfic anyway.

I will try to update more often I promise :)