Chapter 8

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thunder roared loudly upon the sky as thick dark clouds shrouded the entire city in darkness. Rain poured down leaving nothing dry. According to the news, today was the start of a rain storm that is supposed to last up to the next day. Even the gentle breeze from yesterday has gotten stronger causing branches to scratch against the window. Sounds of rain, thunder and howl of winds mixed together.  A black car pulled to the front gate as the driver quickly got out before opening two umbrellas. One umbrella was for the driver while the second one was for the madam sitting in the passenger seat. The door open as jaejoong’s mother stepped out under the umbrella that shielded her from the rain. They only made it pass the front gate when their heard something breaking. Jaejoong’s mother lifted her head in time to see her only son falling toward the ground below from his bedroom which is located on the third floor. Everything felted like slow motion as she watched him fall and then the sound of a body colliding with the ground below echoed in her head.

“Jae…JAEJOONG AHHH!!!!”

“Mrs. Kim…” the driver spoke snapping her out of her memories as she find herself sitting in the passenger side of the car however it had stopped moving. The door has already been open as the driver stood outside waiting for her. She stepped out of the car and turns her gaze toward the mansion in front of her which she calls home. This was the first mansion she and jaejoong bought with the first few incomes they made. It was big and beautiful and they fell in love with the interior as well as the large floral garden. However this place they loved now holds terrible memories that could not be erased. She lifted her gaze toward the window to jaejoong’s room as she is once again reminded of that day, the day she thought she had lost Jaejoong for good.

“Mrs. Kim?” the driver looks at her strangely upon her just standing there gazing toward the mansion

“Jaejoong’s room…I want you to call them to destroy it…completely remove it as well as that window…”

The driver only looked at her strangely up the odd request “but…where will the young master be staying when he return?”

“He won’t be coming back…that is a guarantee…”

With that being said she enters the house with the driver closely behind her. In the meantime, the ferry had made it half way toward Jeju Island. Both Yunho and jaejoong sat on a long bench side by side. Yunho was busy looking through a magazine while Jaejoong had fallen asleep.

“Jaejoong…? oi jaejoong?” came Yunho’s voice as jaejoong opened his eyes.

The first thing he sees was the large body of ocean water and bright sun. The sunlight had reflected upon the surface of the water giving it beautiful sparkles. There were no clouds in sight as the large vest blueness is seen upon the sky. The songs of seagulls could be heard above the ferry.

“Did I fall asleep?” Jaejoong asked as he rubs his eyes

“Yea…we are almost there. You can already see the island…” said Yunho with a bright smile feeling like he is finally home. Compare to the big city, he was more comfortable in the ocean surrounded by body of waters rather than building. The air was cleaner and he didn’t feel like he is being cramped or shut in with all those tall buildings looming over him.

Jaejoong yawned before stretching out his arm into the open space before lifting his gaze to the bright sky. His full pink lips curved into a smile as the ocean breeze danced around him causing his hair to sway back and forth. Yunho on the other hand was speechless at how beautiful jaejoong looked right now. He felt like if he make a move or say a word, this scene before him will disappear.

“isn’t he beautiful?” one of the people on the ferry asked her friend

“Yea…it makes you kind of envy his look…but he looks familiar?”

“Now that you mention it…he does look familiar? Where have I seen him before?”

They begin to think as Yunho started to get nervous before taking his cap and placed it over Jaejoong’s head. He pulled the cap down further to cast a large shadow over jaejoong’s face.

“What are you doing?” jaejoong asked

“If I remember correctly…celebrity have to hide their identity if they don’t want to be disturbed…you need to also hide your face so people won’t recognize you…”

Jaejoong only chuckled “why are you being more nervous than I am?”

Yunho only felt a bit embarrass not wanting to tell jaejoong that he doesn’t want others to come disturb his alone time with jaejoong. To be cared for and thought of, jaejoong couldn’t help but be happy. He leans toward Yunho and rested his head upon Yunho’s shoulder.

“Thank you Yunho…”

“For what?”

“For coming to get me…”

Yunho became embarrass again as he turn his head hoping jaejoong won’t see his face turn pink. As the ferry pulled to a stop by the pier, Yunho gathered his bags and even took jaejoong’s bag into his hand.

“Let’s go home” he smiled

Jaejoong nodded his head before following Yunho down the stairs and onto the dock. They were still talking and reminiscing the day they first meet when a familiar voice ring through the air.

“Hyung!” came Geonwoo’s voice as he rushed toward them and hugged jaejoong “I knew it! I was right that Hyung will bring you back!”

“Oi…what about my hug?” Yunho asked

“You don’t get one…”

“Then you don’t get your souvenir” Yunho grinned as Geonwoo quickly let go of jaejoong and hugged Yunho too

“Little brat…” Yunho spoke before digging into his bag and give Geonwoo a keychain of a cute little penguin

“What is this?”

“your souvenir…”

“This isn’t worth my hug…”

“Then should I give it back to you...” He pulled Geonwoo toward him and tried to hug him again but Geonwoo was struggling to scape as Jaejoong chuckled.

“How was Seoul?” Came the voice of Yunho’s boss

“It was everything I expected it to be…crowded and noisy”

His boss only chuckled “will…like the old saying goes…nothing is better than the place we call home…” he turn around “come on lets go…Soomin has cooked up a great feast…”

When they arrived back at Yunho’s place, as the boss stated, SooMin did cook a great feast. Both SooMin and Hyun Ae were more than happy to see Jaejoong again as they hug and greeted him. Jaejoong helped SooMin finish cooking adding his own twist to the different dishes that were being made. Both Hyun Ae and Geonwoo couldn’t leave jaejoong alone either as they gather around them. Yunho and his boss were left to wait patiently in the living room as they have already started drinking.

“So did you tell him yet?” the boss asked

“Tell him what?”

The boss grinned widely before leaning toward Yunho with his beat red face “that you want to marry him...”

Yunho end up choking on the beer in his mouth “you! You!...I think you have misunderstood something!”

The boss only chuckle loudly “the one who is confuse is you dear Yunho…you have been single for so long that you haven’t figure out the different between friendship and love …this is why I kept telling you to start dating…get yourself familiar with the different kind of feeling of love so you can tell the difference…but nope…you only shower the ocean and fish with love while give everything else little interest…”

Yunho didn’t say a word as he started to blush. He wasn’t sure rather it was the alcohol in his system or that fact that maybe his boss is right about him harboring romantic feeling for this painter before him that is making his body hot. He stood up and walked toward the window and opens it to allow the cool ocean breeze inside.

“Do you want to hear my opinion?”

“Why would I want to hear the opinion of a drunken old man…”

The boss only smiled before turning his gaze to look into the kitchen “regardless of gender…I believe he is the person you guys need…he is the right person to bring this little family closer together, to hold you guys together…he may have secrets but I think you guys need him as much as he needs you” he paused “have you seen your sibling so happy before or this interested in another person?”

Yunho turn his gaze from the window to the kitchen and see all his siblings gathering around Jaejoong with nothing but smiles on his face. All their face has been light up with endless cheers. Now that his boss mentions it, Jaejoong is the first person he brought back to his house. He has run into a few people who needed a place to rest but he usually just ignores them and don’t get involve. However that day when he meets jaejoong, something in him clicked. Something in him urged him to extend his invitation to bring jaejoong to his house and even allow him to stay for a few days. Yunho even went through a rain storm to fetch him and cross the ocean to a busy city to find him. Since meeting Jaejoong, Yunho have done things he usually never do and usually avoid doing. Could this be what they call fate? Could jaejoong really be what this family need? If so, what role will jaejoong play in this family? Will he be another older brother? Maybe a sister? Or…a wife?

Upon this thought Yunho quickly blushed before shaking his head to get that thought out of his head as he quickly turn back to the window hoping the cool breeze will calm his heating face. After the food was ready, Jaejoong and everyone help set the little table before they started to dig in. Geonwoo ate like he has not eaten anything for days earning a few scold from SooMIn about his manners. Hyun Ae on the other hand couldn’t leave jaejoong alone and continues to stick herself to him asking endless questions. The boss also ate and drinks at the same time cracking jokes and telling stories of when he was younger. Yunho only sat there with a huge smile on his face holding onto a half empty can of beer. This scene before him, he wishes it will last longer and forever. He hopes to see more smiles, to hear more laughter to see everyone happy.

Soon the boss has fallen asleep as SooMin and the others finis cleaning up. After doing the dishes, Jaejoong notice Yunho is missing but clearly knew where he will be. He climbed the stairs up to the rooftop and as expected Yunho is there sitting in a chair with a can of beer in his hand as he gazed to the ocean.

“I thought for sure I will never get to see this again” Jaejoong spoke as he took a seat next to Yunho

“Why would you think that? you are always welcome here…”

“To be honest…when I left that day…I was planning to never return…For so many years I never stay in one place for a long time fearing they might catch up to me…not only that but I didn’t want to get your guys invo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter