Chapter 7

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It felted like time has stopped when Yunho laid his eyes upon jaejoong, the very same man he has been dreaming about and hoping to see. But now that they are in the same room looking at each other, Yunho was speechless for words. He had never been this nervous in front of anyone before. He wasn’t sure rather Jaejoong will find his sudden appearance creepy or not. Just then Haewon’s scream snapped Yunho out of his thoughts as he turn to his right and saw Jinwoo standing with his face bright red and his eyes looked like they are about to pop out. He was gagging and shaking endlessly but his hand remained still at his side. In fact he looked like he is frozen unable to move and yet his body is twitching.

“Haewon! Call for an ambulance right now!” shouted Yunho as Haewon nodded her head before dialing the police.

Yunho rushed over to Jinwoo and tried to help him. He tried to lay Jinwoo down on the floor but no matter what he do, jinwoo remain where he stands. Yunho tried to move him again but like usual, Jinwoo wouldn’t budge as if he is a statue. He notice Jinwoo’s eye started to roll toward his eyelid as the color of his face become even worst. Yunho wanted to help him but what can he do? At this point Yunho felt a sudden cold breeze. He had this feeling that maybe this wasn’t anything that had to do with jinwoo but rather it could be a paranormal issue. Yunho turn around to look at jaejoong and notice the strange look on jaejoong’s face as if he is focused on Jinwoo. There were no expressions on his face. He looked like he was possessed and his mind is elsewhere.

“Jaejoong…” Yunho called his name softly as he approached this man his heart has beat for “jaejoong? Are you okay?” he asked

Yunho reached out and placed his hand upon jaejoong’s cheek. Upon the warmth of his hand, jaejoong finally snapped out of his trance. He lifted his gaze toward Yunho with the same warm and kind eyes Yunho remember.

“Yunho?...”

Just then they heard a loud thud sound as they turn around and notice Jinwoo was no longer standing but has fainted to the ground unconscious. Yunho rushed toward him to check his pulse and sigh in relief when he realizes Jinwoo is still alive.

“I just called the police…they will be hear soon” spoke Haewoon “how is he?”

“He’ll live…”

Haewon also sigh in relief “thank goodness…” she notice jaejoong and she immediately stood up straight and fixed her appearance. She didn’t want to look like a mess in front of the man she admired.

“N-nice to meet you Kim Jaejoong…” she introduced herself “you have no idea how much I admire you…I loved all your painting and I’m a huge fan”

Jaejoong was about to say something before his mother came into the room and saw the scene before her.

“What..what in the world is going on?” she asked noticing two new people in the room and then her eyes stopped at the unconscious Jinwoo whose face was still red. Her eyes widen in shock before turning to glare at jaejoong.

“You!...You!!...how could you do this to Jinwoo?!” she snapped before getting down on her knee next to him to check his body for any physical wound. She was relief that he is alive and just unconscious but something caught her attention. Around his neck was red and looked like hand prints as if he was being strangled. This only made her mad as she stood up and walked toward jaejoong before slapping him across the face startling both Yunho and Haewon.

“You demon!! First it was your manager and now it’s Jinwoo?...he was just trying to help you further your career…he only wanted the world to know about you and make you more famous…and yet you tried to strangle him?”

Yunho stepped forward to defend jaejoong “madam…you cannot blame jaejoong for what happen to him? Jaejoong didn’t do anything…”

She only glared at Yunho “What do you know? You are just an outsider…you don’t even know how evil this child is…he is a demon born from hell…the only good thing about him is his painting skill and his looks…”

“You are his mother...how could you say such terrible thing to him? to call him a demon child is a little too much don’t you think” Haewon spoke up to also defend jaejoong

“Who exactly are you two? How did you even get in here?” the mother asked fully irritated by the way Yunho and Haewon was defending jaejoong

“who am I?” Yunho spoke with a tone of anger before reaching to grab jaejoong’s hand “I’m the person who will be taking your son…from this point on...he will live me and my siblings!”

“What?!” both the mother and Haewon look at him in shock

Yunho didn’t even bother to explain himself as he took jaejoong and rushed out of the room without another word. Haewon and jaejoong’s mother only stood there still trying to register what just happen.

“Oi…OI Yunho! What do you mean he is going to live with you?!” Haewon shouted as she chase after them.

The mother called for security as she ordered them to bring back jaejoong at all cost. She clinched her fist tightly in anger for tonight’s event has been ruin. She walked toward the window and looked down at the fearful expression of the guests below. They weren’t sure if what they saw was part of the show or not. A total of 5 paintings went up in flame and the only thing left in its place are ashes as well as the burnt mark on the wall. Many whispers could be heard from down below as a few guests had decided to leave.

“I knew bringing back that child was wrong…he’s nothing but a walking bad luck…that child has been cursed…” she thought to herself

Yunho dragged jaejoong out of the gallery and passed a few guests who looked confuse before they ran through the street in hope to lose the security guards. As they ran through the street, jaejoong could feel Yunho’s warmth upon his hand. It was the same warmth he missed and desire most during these last couple of days. Just being with Yunho seemed to erase all his worries and lifted the dark clouds that hang over him. Even the loud sound of screeching has faded. As much as Yunho being a ghost magnet, he also seems to have this ability to repeal them giving Jaejoong a peace of mind.

After running for what seem like forever, they finally stopped in a crowded night market feeling like they have finally lost the security guards. Yunho and Jaejoong were breathing heavily and totally exhausted. It took them a few minutes to catch their breath before looking at each other and started to chuckle. They soon found a place to sit and rest as Yunho went to buy them some drinks.

“Here…” said Yunho as he handed a warm drink to jaejoong before taking a seat next to him “sorry…I ruined your night…”

“it was already ruin from the beginning..” smile jaejoong

Yunho leans toward jaejoong startling him before taking a close look at this cheek where his mother had slapped him. It was still pink and looked painful knowing she did not hold back at all.

“Does it still hurt?” Yunho asked full of worries

“No…it doesn’t hurt anymore…”

Yunho pulled back and sigh “to think your mother could hit you with such force…I thought she was a loving woman…to have such a gifted son…she should feel blessed and proud…”

“Not everyone is lucky to have a loving mother…”

Yunho didn’t say anything as he recalls his own mother abandoning them

“What brings you here?” Jaejoong finally asked “what about your siblings? Are they also here?”

Yunho wasn’t sure how to explain this to Jaejoong. If possible, he would like to avoid telling Jaejoong the real reason he traveled so far away from his home and his family to come here. He was planning to lie to jaejoong but he was never a good liar. Telling the truth was always the lessons he teach his siblings. Yunho turn to jaejoong and was about to say something when he notice those big brown eyes staring back at him as all the memories he shared with jaejoong flashed before his eyes. He felt his chest tighten as his heart started to race.

“What’s wrong? your face has suddenly became red…?” asked Jaejoong as he reached over and placed his hand upon Yunho’s forehead taking him by surprise “doesn’t look like you have a fever”

“I’m alright…I’m perfectly fine…my siblings aren’t here….” spoke Yunho as he removed jaejoong’s hand from his forehead. He took one more look at jaejoong and he knew right there and then that he will never be able to lie to this man.

Yunho sigh before speaking “the truth is…I was…kind of worry…”

“worry? About what?”

“About you…we…saw the press conference…”

Jaejoong’s lip curved into a ‘oh’ shape as he broke the gaze from Yunho “and…?”

“My siblings were also worry…we knew…something wasn’t right…you told  us you wanted to travel...to suddenly see you doing a press conference was out of the blue and strange…Even though you were smiling…we feel like…maybe you were being forced or something…but that’s not all…” Yunho paused as he gathers his thoughts “Since I know about your secret…I knew you don’t want to paint for the living anymore…you told me you only desires to help the afterlife…help the ghost cross over to the light...so when that guy say you have return and will continue to paint…I knew something was terribly wrong”

“So…you came here because of that?”

Now that jaejoong mention it, maybe Yunho was too quick to act as he suddenly became embarrass. Even though that was the main reason for him coming here, there was another reason. He recalled the dream he had of a dark figure grabbing onto jaejoong. This dream alone stirs up all kind of fear and worries inside him.  But this was something he didn’t want to tell Jaejoong.

Yunho sigh once more before smiling as he flicked Jaejoong upon the forehead “of course…we are friends after all…its only right to be worry about each other…”

“friend?” jaejoong raised an eyebrow as if this word was foreign to him. He had never had a friend before. He did have people he hangs with but they were never truly his friend since all they were after was his fame and fortune. To actually have someone at his side who didn’t care about this fame nor fortune was refreshing.

Yunho stood up and stretched out his arms into the open air “I’ll be heading back home tomorrow…”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho a bit surprise and disappointed “I see…Your siblings must be worry…”

“I’m not the only one they worry about…” Yunho smiled as he turn to look at jaejoong with a soft and warm expression “they also care about you too…you were the first person who came into our life that made such a drastic change…in just a few days you completely changed the atmosphere and brought smiles as well as hope to us…you can laugh all you want but you are our savior jaejoong ah…a little angel who came at the right time and place…”

Jaejoong blushed a bit before lowering his gaze feeling his body heats up upon the gaze of Yunho. Just then he saw Yunho’s stands in front of him as he once again lifted his gaze and became speechless. The two brown eyes looking down toward him was filled with so much light that jaejoong felted maybe Yunho might just be the person who can save his soul.

“neh jaejoong ah…if possible…please don’t allow something like this stop you from painting….I love the way you paint and the way you see things around you…all your pictures always come outs beautifully and colorful almost like magic engulfing a person with all kind of warm feeling and joy….no matter what people say or do…just keep your head up and do what you love…don’t let others decide what this hand will draw…will paint….will make…” said Yunho as he held onto jaejoong’s hand “instead…let this decide what you should paint…what you should do…” he placed jaejoong’s hand over his heart “I may not know much about art or the subject of painting but I do know one thing…art is not meant to be forced nor is it meant to be created without any love or emotion….it’s meant to take time…to take inspiration…and require deep enjoyment and love for a picture to come out beautifully…paint without any boundaries, paint without any restraint….paint without any pressure…just…you know…paint because you want to…”

Jaejoong became speechless as he searched inside to find some kind of response but there wasn’t any. All there was are emotions inside that are desperately trying to reveal itself. He had spent so many years doing what other wanted him to do…painted what they wanted him to paint. It has gotten to a point where he was thinking of just giving up. Even dangerous thoughts of breaking these fingers to stop has also crossed his mind but now here is someone he only known for a few days telling him it’s okay to do what he wants…to paint just because he love to and give little thoughts about what others say or think.

Jaejoong chuckled earning the attention of Yunho “why are you laughing? I was being serious here?”

“I know…I know…it’s just…I’m use to giving out advices…in all my travel…the people I meet…the places I went to…I have offer advices and encouragements…to actually received one myself seems a little strange…”

“Well get used to it…I’m going to be your supporter…I’ll give you all the encouragement and advice you need to keep you going…not only me but Soomin, Hyun Ae and even Geonwoo will give you the push you need…”

Jaejoong once again chuckled as Yunho glared at him “can you stop laughing…you are ruining the mode here…”

“Sorry…sorry…I’m just not use to this…”

Yunho soften his eyes as he smiled upon seeing jaejoong laugh. He can’t explain it but back in that room, the atmosphere was different, it was dark and cloudy. Even the expression on jaejoong’s face was strange. That image wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter