Chapter 15

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I apologize for the delay in updating this story...life have gotten busy once again but I'll try my best to update at least once a week. Also this story will soon come to a end....I know...I'm sad too...but there will be 2 to 3 more chapters before this series conclude :) Can't wait for my readers to find out the ending I have in mind

_________________________________________

Jaejoong leans his back against the bedroom door. He could hear Yunho snoring from the other side as the droplet of sink water echoed throughout the small place they call home. He was still in total disbelief of what just happened. His body was still hot and his face still bright red. The sensation and the throbbing of his lips still remain. His heart was racing endlessly and beating to an unfamiliar rhythm. He knew Yunho was drunk and was acting unconsciously. He should have put a stop to the kiss the minute Yunho’s lip brushed against his but jaejoong didn’t stop it. In fact he allowed the kiss to happen, his body even responded to the intense kiss. In his view, Yunho was pretty experienced for someone who doesn’t want a relationship. Jaejoong placed his hand over his beating heart and could feel the strong force from within. The memories he had spent with Yunho flashed before his eyes before the kissing scene appear making him flush even redder. He gently slaps his two soft cheeks as if to pull himself together.

“Get a hold of yourself Jaejoong….you can’t act like this over a mere kiss” he spoke to himself but no matter what his lips couldn’t stop smiling.

Meanwhile standing outside is none other than Shim Changmin. The shadow of the night gives him the shadows he needs to hide as he stare at the building in front of him. Without Yunho realizing it, changmin had followed him home. The smile on his face was a clear sign that he had just found what he was looking for. He felt a cold air blew from behind him as a pair of cold hands reached out from the shadows and gripped his shoulder. The minute the hands touched his shoulder, it felt like someone had placed ice on his body with a piercing coldness.

“Long time no see changmin ah…” the familiar voice ring through the air as the same sinister smile could be seen from the dim street light.

Yunho woke up the next morning with the sun shining brightly through the window as the song of seagulls could be heard from the ocean nearby. Due to drinking so much last night, Yunho felt like someone had hit his head with an iron mullet as it ached painfully. He sat at the dining table with a cup of water in his hand with the face of near death. He was only planning to drink a bit then head home but thanks to his new found friend, he end up drinking more then he wanted. However the nauseated feeling in his stomach to the pounding of his head wasn’t what bothers him but the fact that the beautiful man seems to be avoiding eye contact. Even though jaejoong was trying to act normal, Yunho could tell something is up. He talks to Yunho, care for him, smile and laugh like usual but those big doll like eyes has not meet his since he woke up this morning. It’s not like Yunho forget what took place, he clearly remembers getting in a taxi, reaching home, stumbling near the front door and even the kiss. Could it be that he went too far? It wasn’t like he was completely drunk and wasn’t aware of what he was doing. Even though he knows he shouldn’t have done it, his body was acting on its own. At this point Yunho came to a conclusion that alcohol is a very dangerous thing. He couldn’t help but wonder if the kiss that took place will affect his relationship with Jaejoong. Will he continue to avoid Yunho? Will he distance himself? Will he find it disgusting?

“Aish!” Yunho ends up saying this out loud as he mentally beat himself up before hitting his forehead lightly.

Jaejoong raised one of his confuse eyebrow at Yunho wondering what is going with him

“Something is wrong with Yunho this morning” whisper Hyun Ah

“Just looking at his expression…I will never drink alcohol” whisper Geonwoo

“Could be Yunho is remembering what he did and is regretting it” whisper SooMIn

These three siblings were whispering however Jaejoong could clearly hear them standing behind them and all. Jaejoong recalls the kiss as he blushed remembering the softness of Yunho’s lip, the warmth and the heat that traveled throughout his body. Just remembering it makes Jaejoong feel hot and knowing that Yunho was drunk made him feel guilty. Because of this, it was hard to meet Yunho’s eyes because when he looks into those eyes, he sees himself taking advantage of Yunho. Jaejoong lifted his gaze in time to meet Yunho’s eyes as they both blushed and averted their eyes quickly. Even though Geonwoo and Hyun Ah did pick up on this weird atmosphere, SooMin did. She could already guess what had happen between these two men.

“Time for school…you better hurry or you will miss your bus”

Geonwoo and Hyun Ah quickly chow down their breakfast before rushing toward the living room and grabbed their backpack as they ran toward the door. They bid their goodbye and exited while SooMIn slowly took her time. She even had the time to do the dishes with Jaejoong while Yunho still sat at the dining table in a world of his own.

“Will he be okay going to work in that state?” SooMIn asked a bit worry about her older brother

“He’ll be fine…to think that they drink till midnight even though they have work the next day” sigh Jaejoong

SooMin turn her attention back to jaejoong and notice the light pink on his cheek. She smiled happily before placing the last plate onto the drying rack.

“I know it might be confusing but…I guarantee whatever took place last night is how he truly feels toward you…”

Jaejoong look at her a bit surprise and embarrassed.

“…rather than regretting it…I think he is worrying rather you will hate him or dislike him…I know it might not be my place but I hope you will return his feeling…Yunho is hard working…he never took anytime to think about anything else other than providing for his family…even when it comes to love…he could have anyone he wants…he could have loved anyone he chooses…but he didn’t want a relationship that will affect his duties as the older brother….and yet…he foolishly ends up falling for you…I can also tell you might feel the same way toward him so I hope….you will fulfill this one desire of his and make him happy…”

“Is...that something you should be saying to another man?” Jaejoong asked with a smirk

“rather it be man or woman…as long as my idiot brother finds happiness….I will support whomever he chose…beside…the rest of the family has already approve of you…even our mother…” she smiled

With that being said, SooMIn gathered her things and also left to catch her bus. Jaejoong and Yunho are left alone as total silence filled the air. Neither Yunho nor Jaejoong spoke to each other as they kept their gaze low. Jaejoong started to think about what SooMIn had told him. It’s not like he will deny Yunho’s feeling nor will he deny his own love for Yunho. The complicated part here is not rather they will accept each other regardless of their gender. What complicated this decision is the fact that Jaejoong’s future is unclear. Rather he will die or continue to live is unclear. He doesn’t want to start a relationship and brings happiness to this man only to throw him into a world of sorrow. As much as jaejoong desire Yunho…as much as his heart beats for Yunho…he knows it deep inside that this will become fruitless. But in truth, Jaejoong is more scare of rejection…scare of being shoved aside when Yunho learn the truth. The only reason Yunho love him is because he has yet to learn of the sins that jaejoong had committed. If he finds out that jaejoong have killed…learn of the dark relationship he had with his therapist…learned of the sorrowful wish he made…all of this will cause Yunho to walk away.

“Jaejoong? Oi jaejoong?” Yunho called his name upon seeing the bitter expression on his face.

Jaejoong was surprise to see that Yunho had gotten out of his chair and is now standing in front of him with a concern look on his face.

“Are you okay?” he asked

Jaejoong smile the best he could but was still avoiding eye contact “I’m…fine…I’ll go take care of the laundries now…”

He only took a step before Yunho reached out and grasped his hand. Upon Yunho’s touch, it felt like fire burning his wrist

“I have…something to say…will you hear me out?”

Jaejoong felt like someone had pricked his fragile heart as it ached. Without even turning to look at Yunho, he spoke “S-sorry…I have lots to do today…we can talk later…”

Yunho could tell this was a lie as he slowly let go of his hand

“I…like you jaejoong ah…” he spoke no longer wanting to wait any longer. He felt like if he waited, there will be misunderstanding from that kiss “

This took jaejoong by surprise, he wasn’t expecting a confession

“I…want to talk more about this later….if you find it disgusting…you can go to where you are comfortable….but…if you…feel the same way….please don’t run away”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word before exiting the kitchen and headed toward the bedroom where a basket of clothes is sitting on the ground. He turns around and confirmed that Yunho didn’t come after him. This gives him time to breathe, time for his body to stop burning and time for his heart to calm down. Jaejoong look at the hand that Yunho had touched and couldn’t figure out why he suddenly felt it burning. In the past when Yunho touched him, there weren’t any discomfort…there weren’t any heat. Everything was normal but after the kiss, after coming into term with his feeling, his body started to act differently around Yunho. Just his touch and gaze makes him feels like he is being burn alive. To make matter worst, Yunho just confessed that he like him. Just how is he going to face Yunho from this point on? Should he return the feeling or should he reject him? It seems no matter what choice he makes, Yunho will still get hurt. Jaejoong sighs before bending down to grab the basket of dirty laundry. He was in a world of his own that he had forgotten about Jangmi who had witnessed the entire thing. She only turns to exchange look with a happy Vick unsure of what is going on. She reached over and touched jaejoong’s arm. The sudden coldness startling him as he ends up letting out a loud yelp while knocking over the basket.

“What’s wrong?!” Yunho knocked on the bedroom door after hearing Jaejoong sudden yelp.

“Everything is okay…I’m okay….it’s nothing to worry about…” spoke jaejoong

Jaejoong turns to face Jangmi who looked guilty and on the verge of crying. It’s not like it was Jangmi’s fault, it was jaejoong who had completely forgotten about this little ghost girl who has been following him around these last few days.

“Jangmi ah…I’m okay…you didn’t do anything wrong…so don’t cry okay” Jaejoong quickly sprung to action to comfort her.

“Jangmi?” Yunho raised an eyebrow before turning the door knob and was about to open the door but jaejoong quickly got up and pushed the door closed

“S-sorry…I…can’t see you right now…”

Even though Yunho wanted to enter the room, he could understand Jaejoong who not wanting to face him after such a confession.

“Who is Jangmi?” Yunho asked from the other side of the door

“She…is the little girl that has been following me around…I found out her name the other day….as it turns out…I did meet her a few time back when I was younger”

“Meet her? Wait…just how long was she dead?”

Jaejoong begin to calculate the math in his head “for about 10 years I think…”

“10 years is a very long time…” spoke Yunho as he turn to face Jangmi “isn’t she…lonely being a ghost and living for 10 years?”

Jangmi didn’t say a word as she only kept her gaze low as if she is reminded of the ordeal she went through of not having anyone see or hear her. At first she didn’t even know that she was dead. She constantly calls out to people but they only walk right through her. At that point she knew she was dead but wasn’t sure what to do. To be honest, it was scary and frightful. It wasn’t until Jaejoong return to Seoul did she finally get to see the longtime friend of hers again. Suddenly a memory flashed before her eyes of being alone in the alley and being confronted by the so call “Bad man”. His sinister smiles still hunts her as she closed her eyes shut and attached herself to Jaejoong. It was this man who told her about Jaejoong returning and where to find him but she could sense that he has ill intention toward her good friend. The aura he was giving off, the sinister smile….the way he speaks gives her chills.

“What’s wrong Jangmi?” Jaejoong asked

She only shook her head and didn’t say a word. Because of the kiss last night, Jaejoong had totally forgotten about this little girl who has yet to rest in peace. Right now it isn’t time for him to dwell on this matter. He needs to help her cross over first.

Meanwhile Yunho had left for work but his mind wasn’t where it needed to be. He only continues to think about jaejoong and the little girl. If you consider the , there were at least 10 years. When she was alive, jaejoong is probably 15. Just how did a famed young painter made friend with a little girl if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter