Chapter 17

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story will conclude in the next chapter!!! Can't wait :)

________________________________________________________

Jaejoong stood near the railing of the boat as the ocean breeze blew pass him causing his hair to sway back and forth. The sound of water splashing against the bottom of the boat echoed into his head. He turns around to glance at the island behind him that is slowly disappearing from sight. Suddenly his cell phone ringed and it’s from none other than Yunho. Jaejoong hesitated to answer because by hearing his voice, he might not be able to protect Yunho and his family. The ringing ringed loudly until it came to a stop. However it didn’t completely stopped as the phone continues to ring over and over again. Jaejoong let out a sigh before turning the phone on and place it over his ear.

“Jaejoong…” came Yunho’s voice however jaejoong didn’t respond “sorry….I’m sorry jaejoong ah” Yunho spoke softly and a bit out of breath

“Why…are you apologizing” Jaejoong finally spoke

“It was my mistake…I should have come home…I shouldn’t have gone out to drink…I told you not to run away after my confession but to be honest…I was the one running away…I was scare… scare of rejection…scare that when I come home you might not be there….so instead of facing you…I went to drown in alcohol and because of that decision…I wasn’t there for you…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as Yunho continue “Jangmi told me everything…I know it’s something you have to do…I know this decision was to protect me…protect my siblings….you have always put us first and for that I am grateful….however…your effort will become worthless…because…I’ll be coming for you…I’ll come and protect you…I’ll save you…so please…until I reach you…until I am standing in front of you…don’t disappear completely…”

Jaejoong could hear the sound of waves from Yunho’s phone as he turns his gaze toward Jeju Island “are you outside?”

“I’m at the dock….I was hoping to catch you…hoping to reach you…but it was too late…but even so…I won’t let this be the end…so just wait for me”

Jaejoong was going to say something when the phone line got cut off. He looks at his phone and notice the screen had turned black. He was in such a hurry that he had forgotten to charge his phone and now it has died on him. Jaejoong clinched onto his phone tightly wanting to cry. He never wanted to leave that place…never wanted to leave Yunho’s side but he can’t stay putting them in danger. However to hear that Yunho will be coming for him…to know that Yunho will try to protect him made him happy.

Yunho stood on the dock with his phone in hand as he stares out into the ocean with a serious look on his face. The wind blew pass him cooling down his heated body from rushing to the dock. The breeze felt good but it’s nothing compare to the determination burning inside him to save jaejoong and protect this man he love.

“Just wait for me…” whispered Yunho hoping the wind will help carry his message to Jaejoong

Meanwhile SooMin and the others have gathered in the living room as an awkward atmosphere had surfaced with the strange guest sitting in the living room with them. Yunho was in such a hurry to leave that he had completely disregard the guest and left.

“He...should be back anytime now…so please…have some tea” smile Soomin as she placed the cup of tea in front of the guest

“Thank you…”

SooMIn sat down across from him “You say your name was Kim Junsu correct? How are you related to Jaejoong shhi?”

Junsu picks up the cup of tea and blew at the hot steam “I’m his first cousin…” he spoke before drinking the tea.

“How…did you know he was staying here with us?” Hyun ah jumped in

“His mother called me the other day telling me about jaejoong and where he is staying…she seem worried so I decided to come here to pay a visit….but…” he look around the room “It seem he has left once again…”

“Since jaejoong isn’t here anymore…why are you still here?” Geonwoo asked as SooMin nudged him to watch his manners

“Checking up on jaejoong is one of the reasons but I was hoping to have a conversation with your older brother that’s why I am waiting…or should I wait outside instead if me being in here makes you uncomfortable?”

“Of course not…please stay…you can wait here for my brother…I wouldn’t want a relative of Jaejoong shhi to stand outside…” smile SooMin

Junsu thanked her before looking around the room once more. It was unexpected to see that jaejoong was living in such a cramped space with 4 other people and a dog. He turns his attention from Vick to what is standing next to him and smiled.

“It seems jaejoong is living with everything he likes…a nice warm family…an obedient dog and even a little ghost…” thought Junsu as he drinks from his tea.

Just then the front door open as Yunho emerged with the expression of disappointment. He didn’t even finish taking off his shoe before noticing Junsu as they made eye contact.

“Who are you?” Yunho asked

Junsu stood up and walked over to Yunho before reaching out his hand “Kim Junsu…I am a relative of Kim Jaejoong…”

Yunho couldn’t help but wonder why a relative of jaejoong will be here especially when jaejoong isn’t here anymore.

“Yunho…” SooMin whispered his name before gesturing for him to shake Junsu’s hand

“What do you want?” Yunho asked without even shaking Junsu’s hand

Junsu lower his hand before smiling “can I talk to you in private for a bit?”

Yunho wasn’t sure why a relative of jaejoong he had never seen or spoken to will want to talk to him. But none the less he led Junsu to the rooftop where no one could hear or disturb them.

“woah…this is a beautiful view you have here?” spoke junsu as he look around admiring the scenery “You can see the ocean from here too and even hear the soft waves…”

“What is it that you want to talk to me about?”

Junsu turn to face Yunho before sitting down on the edge of the building and crossed his legs “since he is living with you…you are probably aware of his special gift right?”

Yunho nodded his head

“Even after knowing about it…you still accepted him into your home…it’s either you are a very soft hearted man or a very stupid man…”

Yunho glared at Junsu “If you only wanted to insult me then I suggest you leave”

“Sorry…I didn’t mean to offend you…I’m only saying that even though you knew about jaejoong being able to see ghost and even attract them…you weren’t scare or didn’t think anything of it but instead allow him to stay with you…most people will stand clear of him and avoid him…they will be scare of him but you didn’t…not even your siblings…”

“They don’t know…Only I do”

Junsu’s lip curved into a ‘o’ before continuing “how much…do you know about jaejoong and his past? How much has he told you?”

“Nothing much…he didn’t talk about it and it wasn’t my place to ask him about it…”

Junsu looked at Yunho a bit surprise “really? You allow a stranger into your home and didn’t even ask about his past?”

“Does his past really matter? To me his present self is what is important…I don’t care to know someone who is in the past…I’m more interested in knowing the present self and the future self…”

Junsu smiled at Yunho “Looks like jaejoong found what he was looking for…”

Yunho didn’t say a word as junsu continues “Me and jaejoong goes way back…we were like brothers….there wasn’t a thing about jaejoong that I don’t know…he always talk to me about everything so I know him best…”

Yunho was starting to get irritated feeling like Junsu was boasting to Yunho about being the only person who knows about jaejoong and that Yunho doesn’t know anything.

“when jaejoong was little…he was a bubbly, cheerful and bright kid….everybody loved him and adores him…he doesn’t judge nor does he hate…he befriends everyone….even after his talent was discovered, he was still happy to be able to help his mother…help others…to have people praise him…praise his art work makes him very happy. But the more people praise him…the more fame he gets…the more the world learn of his existence…the more pressure he felt…” junsu lower his gaze with a sadden expression “people were demanding for his painting…almost everyone wanted a piece of his artwork…the more his art sales…the more money he and his mother gained…because of this…he lost his last support…his mother who was supposed to care about him…started to see him as a money making machine…he was forced to learn all kind for language…forced to paint without rest…forced to attend all kind of events…interviews and etc…he was no longer given that freedom to just be a kid…..he even fainted once from being overworked…but his mother didn’t care….it was during this time when he started to feel like he didn’t matter…the only thing matter was his painting…this was the start to his depression…”

“Why are you telling me these things?” Yunho asked

“During his depression even after his fall he didn’t accept anybody…didn’t want to be close to anyone…forming friendship….Forming bonds….has been completely thrown out the door. He didn’t care for anyone else….he created a shield that protect him and no one else was able to get in…he was causing all kind of chaos disregarding his own mother…he even went as far as to attack his ex-manager…even though it was him stealing artwork…usually jaejoong wouldn’t resort to such violence….burning his painting has become a problem…won’t accept any painting request…and to make matter worst…he disappear the next morning….for years tracking him was hard…he didn’t use his credit card…didn’t even touch the money in his bank account…even till this day I wonder how he manages to survive….but even so he ends up at your front door…end up choosing you….that alone made you special Yunho…for the first time he cling onto someone…cling onto a place to stay…there was something about you…something about this little cramped place you call home that change jaejoong…returned him to the person he once was…”

“I’m still not sure what you are trying to get at?”

Junsu stood up and walked over to Yunho “what exactly did you do to change him? That is what I wanted to know…his mother couldn’t do anything…even his erted therapist couldn’t heal him…and yet a total stranger like you manages to enter his world…slip pass the shield he created…”

“I didn’t do anything…I only let him stay with us and helped him with anything he needed help with”

“And you were willing to do all of that with nothing in return?”

“What are you trying to say? You think I want money from jaejoong?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter