Chapter 3

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi Everyone! what do you think of this fic so far?? I hope you like it. I'm going to try and update a new chapter every day if possible so look forward to fast updating just like Bloody Kiss.

________________________________________________

With the sun shines high above the sky brightening the entire village and bringing out the beauty of the surrounding sea. Jaejoong and Hyun Ae just got done with some errands that Yunho had given Hyun Ae before leaving on another fishing trip. According to Yunho, this trip will take a bit longer and won’t be home till dark. Thus leading him to appointed jaejoong in charge of his siblings which jaejoong was more than happy to do so. At first they were a bit wary of Jaejoong after reading the articles but last night Yunho had explained everything to them as the uneasiness quickly disappears. It’s kind of hard to be scare of someone who is able to smile with so much kindness, purity and beauty.

“Neh jaejoong oppa…when…are you leaving…?”

Jaejoong turn to look at Hyun Ae while still on a cherry flavor lollipop

“ah! D-don’t get me wrong! I’m not trying to kick you out or anything…I was just wondering since you know…you love to travel and a traveler never really stay at the same spot for long…” Hyun Ae spoke trying to clear out any misunderstanding she may have caused.

Jaejoong look to the sky as a seagull flew above them. He removed the lollipop and spoke “Let’s see…I’m already here for a good 4 days…I was thinking of leaving on Sunday…”

“Eh…that’s only 2 days away…” Hyun Ae spoke sadly to see jaejoong leave so soon “where are you planning to go next? Is there still places that you haven’t gone yet? From all your stories…it looks like you already been everywhere…”

Jaejoong look at Hyun Ae and smiled “do you want to see something awesome?...”

She only raised an eyebrow at him. When they got back to the apartment, jaejoong digs through his bag and took out a big map before spreading it out onto the table.

“What do you think? Awesome right?” smiled jaejoong happily

Hyun Ae on the other hand was not impressed “Nope it’s a map…” was her only response

Jaejoong smiled a bit embarrass “you are quite blunt aren’t you…”

She turns her gaze from jaejoong to the map in front of her. It’s a world map with many red dots throughout each country.

“What are the red dots?”

“Those are places that I have already been to…”

“eh? EEEHHHHHH!! Almost all of the maps have been marked!!!” she shouted in total shock

“Indeed I have…maybe for my next destination…I might pay Chile a visit…I heard great things about that country…”

Hyun Ae look at the map as her eyes wondered to the country Chile. There haven’t been any red marks there yet comparing to the other countries on the map.

“I guess they are right…as long as you have money you can go anywhere in the world…” She spoke with a hint of envy. Jaejoong could see the sadden expression on her face as he reached out and pat her on the head gently.

“It’s not rather you have money or not…it’s about how determine you are to see the world…there were days where I will sleep on the street…camp out in the woods but it never really discourage me one bit…I love to travel…and I intend to do so no  matter what hardship I come across…traveling isn’t just about going beyond the border of your country Hyun Ae…just climbing the mountains…going to the next city over…exploring within your country is also consider as traveling…you start of small and well eventually become bigger and bigger…before you know it…you will be on airplane flying all over the world…in fact…my first travel was to Jeju island…even then I thought it was the most wonderful place I have ever been to..”

Hyun Ae look at jaejoong for a bit before chuckling “you are strange Jaejoong oppa…you are the first person who though Jeju was the best place…”

“I know right…” he smiled

Just then Hyun Ae thought of an idea “neh! Can you also take Yunho with you on your next travel?” she asked with so much excitement that it startled jaejoong “I know he always wanted to travel as well but…” she lower her gaze “because of us he abandon everything he loved…to support us after our father passed away…he drop out of high school…and has been working none stop since. We wanted to take up part time job to help him but he refuses…he wants us to concentrate on school and nothing else…I want him to do something he loves…neh..neh…do you know that yunho loves to take pictures?! All his pictures are very beautiful…the look on his face when he held a camera is the best…” Hyun Ae continues to go on and one about Yunho before getting up and dashed toward Yunho’s room before coming back with a few stacks of photo albums surprising Jaejoong.

“These are all the pictures he has taken…”

“Aren’t you afraid he is going to scold you for taking this from his room without asking?”

“It’s okay…what he doesn’t know won’t cause any harm…it’ll be our little secret…” she smiled

Jaejoong and HyunAe spent the next hour looking through all the pictures Yunho has taken and Jaejoong gotta hand it to Yunho, they were all beautifully taken. Just looking at them you can tell what his main focuses were on, he clearly pay attention to lighting…depth of field…focusing and blurs.

“This one is my favorite…” spoke Hyun Ae as she took out a picture of the sunset behind the ocean line. There were large rocks while water was splashing. The color of the ocean waters was reflecting the beautiful color of the sunset. On the sandy beach you can see a family playing with the father holding a child up into the air as the other children runs around them happily.

“That was the day our father took us out to the beach…it…was the happiest moment I can remember…even without our mother…we were a happy family…” she smiled upon remembering their trip to the sea.

Jaejoong smiled at her before wrapping his arm around her pulling her into a tight hug “Aigoo…you are such a good sister…worrying about your older brother…always thinking about him and loving your family…I wish I had a sister like you to worry about me too…”

This hug took Hyun Ae by surprise but his warmth made her overwhelmed with happiness. It’s been a long time since anyone had ever hugged her like this. She took the photo and hides her flushed face which jaejoong thought was cute. Later that day GeonWoo returned from hanging out with his friends when jaejoong found him studying in the living room. There were piles of books next to him as he is fully concentrated. Curious as to what he is studying for, jaejoong sat down across from him. GeonWoo was so concentrated on his studies that he didn’t even realize jaejoong had sat down across from him.

“aish! This isn’t right either…” he let out an irritated sound before erasing what he just wrote

“You were close though…” jaejoong spoke startling him

“You…know English?...”

“GeonWoo ah…I travel the world…I spoke 4 different languages…English…French…Japanese…and even Germany…”

“That’s awesome!...just learning one is already hard enough…”

“Well when you have to travel the world for art show cases you are require to learn other languages…”

“I see…then Hyung…can you teach me English?”

“Sure…I don’t mind…”

They spent the next few hours studying and through Jaejoong, Geonwoo was able to get it a lot quicker than when his teacher was teaching him. Jaejoong even give him a secret method to remembering the words correctly which GeonWoo though was a genius. As dinner came around, jaejoong also helped Soomin prepare it. He gives her some helpful pointer when cooking and even taught her how to make some of his famous recipe. As he cooks it, he clearer provided her the steps slowly as she writes them down onto a notepad.

When Yunho finally return from his fishing trip he was totally exhausted and smell of fish and ocean breeze. All he wanted to do right now is take a hot bath, eat and then go to sleep. The minute he stepped into the living room he was surprised to see his siblings and jaejoong fast asleep while the movie is still being played. Hyun Ae is leaning against jaejoong on his right with her head resting on his shoulder while his head is resting on her head. Soomin on his on his left also leaning in as GeonWoon is seen sleeping on Jaejoong’s leg.

“Since when did they all become so close?” wonder Yunho.

After taking his siblings to bed, he return to the living room and gently shook Jaejoong to wake up.

“jaejoong ah…if you are sleepy…go sleep on the bed…” Yunho spoke softly as jaejoong rubs his eyes

“Yunho? did you just got back?”

“Yea…like 10 minutes ago…”

“I’ll heat up the food…you must be hungry…” jaejoong yawned

“No need…just go to bed…I’ll heat it after my shower…” with that being said Yunho walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Jaejoong rubs his eyes once more before yawning a second time. Just then he heard water dripping near him. A sudden cold chill is felt a he turn his gaze toward where Yunho was just standing.

“What a troublesome thing you brought home with you Yunho…” thought Jaejoong as standing there dripping wet from head to toe is a young man. However the aura he was giving off was different from the usual ghosts that Jaejoong has encounter. Base on his expression he desperately wants to live again rather than crossing to the other side. Once Yunho is done with shower, he felt refreshed as the fish smell has disappeared. When he came to the living room, jaejoong was in the middle of putting in another movie.

“I thought you were going to bed?” Yunho asked

“After waking up I’m no longer tire…I figure I should watch this movie…oh and I heated your food for you…it’s sitting on the table…so go eat…”

Yunho turn his gaze from jaejoong to the warmly heated food sitting on the table. He can’t help but feel a little happy as he thanked jaejoong and sat down to eat.

“Wow…this is really good?!”

“Thanks….both me and Soomin made it…”

“I think you will make a great house wife Jaejoong ah…” Yunho grinned to tease jaejoong

“As nice as that sound I’m good being by myself…”

“ehhh…so you never thought about getting marry?”

“not really…I don’t really care for any of that stuff…just being by myself…doing the things I love without being tie down is the best feeling…”

“I feel like you are a heart breaker…you must have made many girls cries…” tease Yunho

“Also guys too..”

“eh?” Yunho ends up dropping the piece of meat that was between his chopsticks as jaejoong chuckled

“Just kidding Yunho…” jaejoong flashed him a smile before turning his attention back to the movie in front of him. Yunho on the other hand was still bothered by it. Even if jaejoong say it was just a joke…he can’t help but think that there are guys who will also pursue him.

“why…am I getting irritated for?” wonder Yunho as he continues to eat the food in front of him. After finishing, he washed the dishes before sitting down next to jaejoong in the living room.

“What kind of movie is it?” Yunho asked

“It’s a horror flick…”

“I see…”

Just 5 minutes into the movie and Yunho already felt sick to his stomach. This wasn’t just any horror flick but a gruesome one too. It’s like every scene there has to be blood gushing out, body being decapitated and endless screams of terror.

“How can you watch this kind of movie? It should be banned…” spoke Yunho as he felt his dinner making its way back up.

“I have gotten used to it…”

“I see…no...no...no…it is not normal for anyone to get use to something like this?!”

Jaejoong turn his gaze from the TV to Yunho “You do know that I can see ghost right?...I have already crossed the bridge of being normal…”

Yunho paused for jaejoong do have a point. Suddenly he stated to feel really sleeping as he yawned.

“I’m heading to bed…you should to…” said Yunho as he stood up before walking toward his room. The minute the door clicked behind Yunho, Jaejoong turn to the ghost.

“Now then…what should I do with you?...” he grinned

When Yunho woke up the next morning he wasn’t able to find jaejoong anywhere. From the look of it he didn’t came to sleep on the bed last night. Thinking jaejoong might have fallen asleep in the living room, he exited his bed room but once there, jaejoong wasn’t there either. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter