Chapter 16

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*10 years ago*

A black car pulled to the front door of a large building. Inside was the young Kim jaejoong along with his mother. She was dressed very fancy and rich like usual while jaejoong only had on a pair of jean, black cap with plain t-shirt. The look on his face was uninterested and looked like someone who is close on giving up. The driver got out of the car before walking over to Mrs. Kim’s side and opens the door for her

“Now come along dear…” she spoke

Jaejoong didn’t even wait for the driver to open the door for him as he open it himself and stepped out into the hot heat as the sun burns down upon him. He turn his gaze to the large white head board of the building and read out the name “Park Yoochun’s therapy and consulting”

“Move your feet dear…standing in the sun will ruin your skin” his mother spoke who had already gone ahead of him.

Jaejoong and his mother waited in the waiting room until it is their turn. The room was small; there were a few chairs for patients to sit and a round table nearby. There were some books, papers and coloring utensils set aside for children. He could see a young girl all alone drawing to herself. There weren’t any other adults nearby making him wonder who will leave such a young girl all by herself. She noticed him staring at her as she stood up and handed him her drawing with a bright smile. Without another word she went back to produce another master piece. Jaejoong look at the sloppy childlike drawing and it was a beautiful red flower. Suddenly the door open as the assistance came in along with a tall young man. Jaejoong happened to make eye contact with him as he smiled before greeting him. Jaejoong did a short bow to return the greeting and watched as the tall man bends down to pick up the lonely girl before leaving the building.

“Mr. Kim….Dr. Park is ready for you” the assistance spoke with a big smile on her face. It took everything in her to be professional in the presence of such a famous painter him.

Jaejoong and his mother followed the assistance through the door and down a short hallway before stopping in front of a dark brown wooden door.

“Dr. Park…Your important patient has arrived” the assistance spoke before opening the door and stepping aside.

Jaejoong look at the assistance and into the room. It was stylish and full of painting that he recognize. In fact two of his own paintings are also hanging on the walls among other great painter. His eyes wondered from the decoration of the walls to the tall and slender man standing by the large window with his desk behind him. He wore a simple blue cardigan with a white dress shirt underneath. He also wore a dark gray dress pants with black frame glasses. In jaejoong’s view, this person was quite handsome. He wasn’t sure rather it was the bright sun peeking through the large window behind this person or rather his eyes was playing a trick on him but Dr. Park had the brightest smile he had ever seen.

Dr. park walked over to jaejoong and held out his hand “Welcome Kim Jaejoong…My name is Park Yoochun…I promise to help you get better so you will be able to smile and laugh like usual so please have faith in me and trust me” he smiled

*End of flash back*

A cool ocean breeze blew pass as the sound of bells could be heard coming from Yoochun. It was the same bells he had heard not once but a few times. The first time he heard it was at the hospital…second time was in his bedroom and lastly it was just a day or two ago when Jaejoong’s meet Jangmi. Now that he thinks about it ghost who has died with their hand tainted in sins are given bells to distinguish them from the others. Those times that he had heard those bells ring was Yoochun who had founded him and trying to reach out to him.

“do you know that you are a very hard person to track” Yoochun spoke “after your accident….your mother moved you oversea hoping that will heal your mind and body….you were gone for a very long time and only return for a short period before disappearing once more….both the living and the dead weren’t able to catch up to you….I give you kudos for that….however…it looks like you have finally been caught….although it’s sad to say that I wasn’t the one who caught you first but rather it’s an experienced fisherman... I guess catching fish wasn’t his only specialty…” he smiled

“You…have been watching me haven’t you?” jaejoong asked

“I am your therapist…I’m responsible for watching over you…observe the change in your personality…observe how you interact with other and observe the people you hang with…although during those time you were gone…I wasn’t able to find you…..but….now that you are back to where I can feel your presence and back to where I can see you….we can resume our unfinished session”

“Yoochun….you are no longer my therapists…you are no longer alive….you should go to where you need to go…”

“Tsk…tsk…tsk…that kind of hurt my feeling….here I am coming back to help you and yet you want me to quickly cross over….I am aware that I have passed…however….I still have my duty to complete before I cross…that’s why I came to you…I need you to help me rest in peace…” he smirked as jaejoong get this cold icy feeling traveled throughout his body.

“Sorry…but I won’t be able to help you…”

Yoochun started to chuckle “oh my dear jaejoong…it seem you have yet to grasp the situation….”

Jaejoong watched as Yoochun disappear from where he was standing and reappear right behind him. This startled jaejoong but it was too late as Yoochun had wrapped his arm around jaejoong tightly. Upon his touch, jaejoong felt his body turning cold and numb.

“Do you know why you are so affected by my touch…affected by the presence of ghost? It’s because you are standing in the line between life and death. The living can’t be affected from the touch of ghost…nor could the ghost affect them…but you my dear jaejoong…you have been granted the gift of being affected by the living and the dead…..a simple touch by ghost with strong energy…ghost with strong desires like me could freeze your soul and pull you into the dead….” He smiled as he spoke these words into jaejoong’s ear “the reason you are where you are was because you made a wish to die but when death cames for you....you wished to live....your wish contridicted one another causing you to be trapped in limbo....but If I wanted to…I could remove the living part of you and completely push you over the line to the afterlife…”

Jangmi could see jaejoong was struggling as she reached over and pushed Yoochun away “don’t touch him!” she snapped with anger as the fear in her disappeared

This surprise Jaejoong for he thought that Jangmi has already crossed over.

Rather than angry Yoochun only look at her in amusement “Aren’t you jangmi? That idiot changmin’s daughter?”

Jangmi only continue to glare at Yoochun with true hatred.

SooMin helped changmin put Yunho in bed before she pulled the blanket over his body. Changmin had already returned to the living room and is looking at all the paintings in the living room. His eyes stopped at the painting jaejoong did of Yunho and his family. They all were smiling happily as the father hold onto the little Hyun Ah. The painting gives off a feeling of warmth and family worth. He suddenly has a flash back of when he was younger with his little daughter smiling and calling out to him.

“Changmin shhi?” SooMIn called to him as he snapped out of his thoughts

“These are some beautiful painting…who did them?” he asked

“It Jaejoong Hyung” GeonWoo spoke before SooMin could answer

Changmin’s lip curved into a smile “Jaejoong? There is only one painter out there who paint as good as this that goes by the name of Kim Jaejoong….I wonder if they are the same person?”

“Yes! That’s him…he’s very famous and very good” Geonwoo spoke happily as Hyun Ah covered his mouth before scolding him for being too honest. For one thing changmin is a stranger; no one in the village has yet to learn that the great famous painter Jaejoong is living with them. They have yet to learn of his famed background.

Changmin smiled for this have confirmed the fact that yesterday, the person who came out to help Yunho was none other than the great Kim jaejoong.

“Um…thank you Changmin Shhi…for bringing Yunho home…I apologize if he caused you any trouble…” spoke SooMin

“don’t worry….it was my fault for how he turns out…I shouldn’t have forced him to drink more then what he could stomach….”

“Either way…thank you…” she smiled

Changmin look around the room and notice only the trios are present with Yunho passed out cold. From the look of things, a celebration was taking place so where did the beautiful painter go?

“Who’s birthday is it?” he asked

“It was Jaejoong Hyung’s birthday” spoke Hyun Ah

Changmin give them a confuse look before tilting his head to the side “but…that’s strange…Kim jaejoong’s birthday already passed….it was Jan. 26…..”

SooMin, Hyun Ah and Geonwoo turn to look at each other unsure themselves. If changmin is right, then just whose birthday were they celebrating? Changmin look at the little candle sitting on the side of the table with the number 5. An image of his 5 year old daughter flashed before his eyes. He can’t help but get this sickening feeling deep inside as his expression started to change.

“Don’t call my daddy an idiot!” Jangmi snapped

Yoochun grinned before bending down to her level. She could feel the overwhelming darkness from him.

“Little kids should stay out of adult problem…you already have what you wanted…so cross over….otherwise…” he reached over and touched her head before his lip curved into a devilish smile “I can force you to cross over…”

Jaejoong reached over and grab onto Yoochun’s hand before pulling it away from Jangmi

“Leave her alone Yoochun…!” he glared

Yoochun retreated his hand “alright…alright….don’t worry…I won’t do anything to her…the person I came for is you after all”

‘What more do you want from me? You have already taken everything….even go as far as pushing me out the window to try and kill me”

Yoochun sigh “now…now…that was an accident….you should know that…”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he only glared at Yoochun

“it seem you have forgotten what truly happen that night….you can’t shift all the blame onto me….if you haven’t done what you did…none of that would have happen and all these events wouldn’t have taken place afterward…you would still live normally like a famous painter you are…I wouldn’t be dead and would still have everything…even poor changmin wouldn’t have gotten involve and she wouldn’t have to die…if you think about it…everything started because of you…you are the cause of all our misfortune….the day we meet you jaejoong…you have set into motion an series of event that could not be avoided….”

Jaejoong tried to remember what happen that night but to be honest he could only remember from when they push him out the window. As to what caused such thing to take place is unclear.

“When you were alive…you wanted everything of me….now you are dead…what more do you want?”

“Tsk…tsk…tsk…you know it better than anyone why ghost are bond to the living….should you be asking such a question…?”

“What exactly are you after Yoochun?”

Yoochun smiled as jaejoong felt a cold chill entered his body

“I still have one thing I didn’t get to complete….until I complete that promise…I can’t go to where I need to go…I won’t be able to rest in peace…”

“What promise as you trying to fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter